Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live

The World of Warcraft Website announces the new Real ID Party feature is live in Blizzard's MMORPG:

For those who haven't yet had a chance to try it out, the Real ID Party system allows players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a 5-player normal or Heroic dungeon, regardless of what realm their friends are on. This new feature makes it easier than ever for real-life friends to play together, and it's available to all World of Warcraft players at no additional charge -- all you need to do is have Real ID enabled.

To learn more about Real ID, visit the Real ID web page and read the FAQ.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 18, 2011, 04:17 Muscular Beaver

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 21:51:
They're trying to dictate to customers - and very rudely at that - instead of listen to them. That's not how you do business. Or at least that's not how you get mine or a lot of other people's money.

There's an upside to that, though. It's allowing indies to flourish, because they DO listen to their customers.

Let the dinosaurs lumber around as the indies run circles around them. We'll be ok.

Too bad all the good indies will be bought by the dinosaurs...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 21:51 nin

They're trying to dictate to customers - and very rudely at that - instead of listen to them. That's not how you do business. Or at least that's not how you get mine or a lot of other people's money.

There's an upside to that, though. It's allowing indies to flourish, because they DO listen to their customers.

Let the dinosaurs lumber around as the indies run circles around them. We'll be ok.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 21:21 Cutter

Regardless, I'm just tired of not only Actiblizz, but the other publishers and devs out there basically telling us it's their way or the highway. They're trying to dictate to customers - and very rudely at that - instead of listen to them. That's not how you do business. Or at least that's not how you get mine or a lot of other people's money.  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 20:07 Dades

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 19:25:
Technically speaking, RealID is more like SingleID if you are smart. You can choose to use an alias if you wish. RealID I've never really had a problem with because all it really does is tie a person's account to a single online identity which has benefits to the company and benefits to the policing of an online community. If you choose to make that online identity the same as your offline identity then that is really your own mistake.

Somehow I think that no one will be fooled by your clever misuse of the service Heywood Jablowme.

15. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 19:25 SimplyMonk

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 17:42:
Fuck you and you're RealID and always-on bullshit! Seriously.

Technically speaking, RealID is more like SingleID if you are smart. You can choose to use an alias if you wish. RealID I've never really had a problem with because all it really does is tie a person's account to a single online identity which has benefits to the company and benefits to the policing of an online community. If you choose to make that online identity the same as your offline identity then that is really your own mistake.

14. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 18:16 scratz

MrGrosser wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 13:15:
SWEET!! Finally I can reup my WoW Subscription.. been waiting so long for this feature.
</sarcasm>
Actually, my wife and I and many of our friends *are* thinking about resubscribing because of this feature. Why? Because we scattered all over hell some years ago for various reasons, and this would let us play together again without having to roll new characters on new servers.

Its a good move. Ya, it would be better if it wasn't tied to RealID, but its still a good idea.

13. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 17:42 Cutter

And it was somehow impossible to do this with nicknames was it? Targeted advertising ala Minority report coming soon to you thanks to Actiblizz. Thanks, but no thanks. Unless Blizzard gets a dose of sanity and gets back to respecting gamers I'm done with them now. Fuck you and you're RealID and always-on bullshit! Seriously.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 17:02 Acleacius

new feature makes it easier than ever for real-life friends to play together
Lol, yes becasue real life friends had it SO difficult by not being force to use their real names while playing games. I'm so thankful acitivision has stepped up to force players to use their real names, now games will magically be better and more fun. Actually it's like a dream come true.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 14:29 eRe4s3r

Adoption rates for Real ID must be abysmal if they use this carrot  

10. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 14:26 Luke

Krovven wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 11:57:
and it's available to all World of Warcraft players at no additional charge

So much for all those people bitching about them possibly charging extra for this...

why charge extra , when they earn money by selling your data
zuckerberg is in the house remember

9. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 13:21 ^mortis^

why, that's a might nice lookin' carrot at the end of that stick...

^m^

8. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 13:15 MrGrosser

SWEET!! Finally I can reup my WoW Subscription.. been waiting so long for this feature.
</sarcasm>

7. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 13:00 SimplyMonk

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 11:41:
So they arent earning money with their subscription fees aand BS mount and pets anymore, but instead actually trade data.
Interesting.

Currently playing a free week Blizzard sent me and you would be surprised at the number of those "BS mounts" you see. They aren't by any stretch of the imagination losing any money on that deal. I think player lash-back is the only thing keeping them from fully abusing the hell out of real money systems.

That being said, the Diablo III Real Cash auction house I literally just see as a trial for implementing the same thing in Titan and possibly WoW if successful. Why waste time and Custom Service hours on banning/policing gold/item farmers when you can just legalize and regulate them?

Kudos for Blizzard though in not using this to launch a "Premium Subscription" like it was rumored. Features like this shouldn't be an extra fee. Once the code is written it is done. Server Transfers/Faction Changes and the like I still quibble over actually costing a fee, but poor architecture and CS hours could justify it or that they just wish to discourage such actions by charging a fee. Like taxing cigarettes.

6. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 12:20 Verno

I don't think they would have any real success at charging for it anyway to be honest but it's good on them for not trying.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

5. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 11:57 Krovven

and it's available to all World of Warcraft players at no additional charge

So much for all those people bitching about them possibly charging extra for this...

4. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 11:55 Verno

MacLeod wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 11:18:
I just wish they'd add cross-realm friending and grouping without RealID... I've been in good dungeon finder groups where we mesh well and do a bunch of dungeons, but then you go your separate ways with no way to group with those people again. I'm not RealID'ing them, since I'm not keen on people I don't "really" know having my real name.

Yep it's pretty stupid that the system is so all or nothing.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

3. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 11:41 Muscular Beaver

So they arent earning money with their subscription fees aand BS mount and pets anymore, but instead actually trade data.
Interesting.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

2. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 11:23 yosan

I think subscribers numbers are falling very rapidly in WoW  

1. Re: World of Warcraft Real ID Party Feature Live Aug 17, 2011, 11:18 MacLeod

I just wish they'd add cross-realm friending and grouping without RealID... I've been in good dungeon finder groups where we mesh well and do a bunch of dungeons, but then you go your separate ways with no way to group with those people again. I'm not RealID'ing them, since I'm not keen on people I don't "really" know having my real name.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo