Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2011, 18:33 xXBatmanXx

AH, the whole thing is laughable at best. Pretty sure unless names are named, that the normal person (us) don't know who they are talking about. SO who cares.

I won't even start to get into the other stuff.....there isn't enough time in the world, nor common sense, to cover everything. And I have to jump in my squad in 1.5 hours and I haven't had any coffee.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2011, 16:40 Mashiki Amiketo

LittleMe wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 16:34:
So I'm thinking that if a dump truck dumped a trillion dollars on a police station crime would instantly disappear.
My brother works for TPS(toronto), my sister works for Corrections Canada(federal prisons). Every once and awhile some nut job with a bleeding heart comes along saying exactly that, and that the police arrest far too many people. And as such, they shouldn't be arrested but re-released with a warning, and a recommendation that they be recommended for counseling.

TPS actually tried that once. The localized crime rate in the area that they tested it in, jumped by 23% in a month. As for the state of prisons here, well ... they get better treatment than the natives do(though the government does it's job on that, their leaders are hand-over-fist greedy).

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2011, 16:34 LittleMe

Not surprised to learn this but still enlightening to watch those vids! Here's the basic rule: failure is rewarded with more money. Politicians are good at selling the case that more money is always needed and that money can solve our problems. So I'm thinking that if a dump truck dumped a trillion dollars on a police station crime would instantly disappear.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 17, 2011, 12:54 Mashiki Amiketo

There's quite a bit in those that accurately reflect policing today. Especially the whole corrections officer/can't arrest crap. And women promoted over anyone else regardless of their ability to do a job, because they're gaming the "system".

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2011, 13:07.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo