Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer

A sneak peek trailer from last week for Ghost Recon Future Soldier takes a look at multiplayer support in Ubisoft's tactical shooter sequel. The clip is narrated by creative director Tommy Jacob, who shows off footage of the game as it was shown off at E3, and explains the elements that they hope will make for a compelling multiplayer experience. He says the game's three areas of emphasis are shooting mechanics, the intel loop ("a unique aspect of gameplay that gives players a new and visceral way to play a support role"), and teamwork, as the clip demonstrates various ways they will reward players who play well with others. He describes the factions in the game, the three roles each includes, and shows off cover mechanics, suppressing fire, equipment, and much more. Thanks MCV. The embedded version follows.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. removed Aug 16, 2011, 20:00 sdifj

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 16, 2011, 20:08.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 19:43 Rhett

I wasn't sure what to think after hearing Kinect functionality would be in the game, but this looks pretty cool. Surely needs to be a bit more polished, and I'm sure everyone will be a sniper, but I think I could enjoy it.

Though, I'm a fan of these 3rd person Ghost Recon re-invigorations. Not that the originals for PC weren't cool, but I adore 3rd person games and wish more tactical shooters would use it.

7. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 19:10 Raptor

I find it funny that he said "classic Ghost recon" and then there won't be PC and also it doesn't look very good
Who treats these patients ?

Oh the bitter joy of having a great franchise completely trampled in dirt and spat on. Although I suppose that was 3 games ago now, so they're just reinforcing it.
Still have memories at least.

6. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 17:24 StingingVelvet

Blue wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 15:38:
StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 15:12:
This is not announced for PC according to Ubisoft on their own forum.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/107231/ghost-recon-future-soldier-pc-plans

Yeah, I know they at least hinted at it for PC before. Still the PC version vanished from their online store and the employees on their forum are insisting they never officially said it was coming to PC. Word out of E3 was that GR: Online is our only release.

5. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 16:53 Darks

Thatís because there wonít be any version released for the PC. I had a very lengthy discussion with those guys at E3 about snubbing the PC. Their solution to me was we are getting the online version. I saw that version and it sucks ass. Looks like shit and is nothing more than another kill me, kill you game. Why would anyone want to play this game DM when you have BF3 and COD coming out soon? I was baffled and pissed off at Ubi for again screwing the PC over.

Update: OK, let me rephrase this, when I was there they explicitly said there were no plans for the PC. Maybe they heard a lot of complaints about the PC getting passed over that they decided to go back on their word and now finally do a pc release. This defiantly makes me happy. The game looked damn good at E3.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2011, 17:01.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

4. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 16:17 jacobvandy

Typical Ubisoft tactics of leaving the PC version on the backburner and then unceremoniously dumping it to market months later. But at least they're not lying about it being a simultaneous launch (yet).  

3. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 15:38  Blue 

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 15:12:

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/107231/ghost-recon-future-soldier-pc-plans

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 15:12 StingingVelvet

1. Hmm Aug 16, 2011, 13:12 Quboid

Looks good for a console game, but where is first person view?  

- Quboid

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo