Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I don't know of any weddings I will be attending on the horizon, so I don't know when I'll get to do this, but I recently came up with a gag that I want to pull the next time I'm at one. What I want to do is sidle up to whoever is performing the ceremony before things get underway, and surreptitiously ask them: "I just wanted to make sure this ceremony is going to include that question asking if anyone has any reason why this marriage should not take place." I'd just love to see the reaction that gets.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: CycloManiacs 2.
Battle Blocks Defense.
Links: Economist Paul Krugman Endorses 'Watchmen' Alien Invasion Plan for Fiscal Recovery.
Stories: Did Butch Cassidy Survive?
Science: Cancer discovery offers hope of tackling spread of disease.
Swapping Meat for Nuts to Lower Diabetes Risk. Thanks j.c.f.
15-minute daily exercise is 'bare minimum for health'.
Futurama Meets the Simpsons of the Day.
Watching Futurama today and noticed this - wow.
Media: Emmitt the Great Dane Welcomes Home His Dad From Deployment. Always gets me.
Western.
Lightbulb Ballet.
The Funnies: Awkward Zombie: Carry On.
Dog Park Regulars.
Ditching Velma.
Follow-up: Australian collar bomb suspect arrested in Kentucky. Thanks nin.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 17:08 DNForever

Do any of you guys play chess? I just got on chess.com and my name is the same as here. I really suck, but if anyone wants to play that would be cool. I prefer the 30 min games.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 14:38 kanniballl

zincthallinide wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 11:44:
These pranks sound really lame.
Eh, the towel one wasn't so much a prank as it is a cheap loop-hole to buy yourself stuff. In the worst case it's a prank, they laugh, you're out the money. In the best case, you get the towels back and wound up spending $X on yourself.

Blue's shenanigans can make someone nervous, and perhaps start a brawl. Which I guess makes it cruel and tragic. Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all. Evil shenanigans! /Super Troopers

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 14:30 kanniballl

That reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. It involved the bride's first-ever-boyfriend, and afterwards involved chasing him out of the wedding the whole episode.

In any case the question, to someone that knows it's a joke, is hilarious.

If they don't know it's a joke... scary.

Choose your audience, Blue. Or an angry father (or father in law) may step up and question you.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 11:44 zincthallinide

These pranks sound really lame.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 11:33 /FÂ\ SLI

Here is another one a good friend has pulled at weddings ...twice.

Buy a real nice "designer" bath towel set. Then go buy, and empty, about five spray cans of scotchguard into them. Wrap them up nice in gift wrap and give as a wedding gift. Once they realize things like "drying off in the shower is only moving the water from one side of thier body to the other", and handtowels under the sink with water running is "simply sliding off", (actual quotes from the prank-ees) you can then take them back, have them professionally cleaned and then return them (or wash them yourself about 10 times or so and they will be fine). No harm, no foul. ;-)

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 11:18 MajorD

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 10:56:
Hehehe that's actually pretty good. I got a wedding to go to in two weeks, so I may just do that.

Creston

LOL! You'll have to let us know how that goes.....

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2011, 10:56 Creston

Hehehe that's actually pretty good. I got a wedding to go to in two weeks, so I may just do that.

Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo