Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin

Though the Origin Website lists a number of perks for preordering Battlefield 3 through Electronic Arts' online service, an unannounced bonus is also available for this advance commandment to the military shooter sequel, according to Ars Technica. They report "a friend" who preordered the game tells them he received a code from EA for a free copy of either Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 or Medal of Honor, and that this offer is only valid through the end of August. Update: Several of our readers have confirmed receiving this offer as well.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 22:11 Creston

It's a nice giveaway, I'll give 'em that.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 21:10 The Half Elf

Well if anyone has a spare code they don't want or can't use let me know.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 20:40 zirik

Nate wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 19:46:
Brannigan wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 18:26:
I got this offer for being in the bf3 alpha test.

Me too! Got Dead Space 2 and have already played through it once.

i guess it is safe to assume the game will ship in alpha phase.

13. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 20:38 Frags4Fun

Dev wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 19:59:
Makes me wonder how many preorders they are getting, if the numbers are lower than expected so they toss this bonus in.

And why in the world wouldn't they announce this bonus? LOL, they should be publicizing it to get more PR.

The email stated that it was a reward for the Alpha testers.

12. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 20:35 Frags4Fun

I got this offer last week. I had 3 days to make my purchase or lose the bonus. I don't want any of those games though since I already have 2 of them. :/  

11. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 20:06 KilrathiAce

If they allow a bonus of not having origin required or offer on steam that would catch my drift  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

10. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 20:05 Paketep

Wow, they're really desperate at EA.  

9. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 19:59 Dev

Makes me wonder how many preorders they are getting, if the numbers are lower than expected so they toss this bonus in.

And why in the world wouldn't they announce this bonus? LOL, they should be publicizing it to get more PR.

8. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 19:46 Nate

Brannigan wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 18:26:

Me too! Got Dead Space 2 and have already played through it once.

7. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin Aug 15, 2011, 19:42 ^Drag0n^

I'll give them this....great way to lure the fly to the flypaper...

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

6. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 19:30 Steelcamp

Yep me too

-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

5. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 19:14 Krovven

I was so looking forward to BF3. And now...I'm just not sure anymore and even removed it from my must-haves, replacing it with Bastion.

Too many bullshit hoops to jump through to play a game. But we'll see. Still 3.5 months until release to make a decision.

4. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 19:12 Sphinx

I picked Mass Effect 2. Not because I liked Mass Effect 1 but because I didn't want to play Medal of Honor and I'm already playing Chronicles of Riddick so I didn't want another dark hallway crawler.  
-Sphinx

3. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 19:00 Silent Bob

I got the email on Friday for preordering and chose Medal of Honor.  
Eppur si muove

2. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 18:26 Brannigan

1. Re: Free Shooter Bonus for BF3 Preorders on Origin? Aug 15, 2011, 18:23 Kegaro

I got this email as well, to bad I have already played through all of the available options.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo