Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution

There's an interview with Eidos: Montreal and Nixxes Software on GameSpy discussing the Windows edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the upcoming action/RPG prequel. This covers the efforts made by Nixxes Software and AMD to create a version of the game that is more that just a straight port of the console editions. Here are a pair of quotes about this:

Julien Bouvrais: First off, Nixxes developed a DX11 renderer that is used on the PC, when available. We did leverage this by adding several features you will see when you have DX11 hardware on your PC: real-time tessellation, improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, improved blurs and depth of field. We also added custom support for AMD's Eyefinity (multiple monitors), and 3DHD. On another note, the user interface has been tailored for the keyboard, and mouse controls can be fully customized for your gaming habits.

Jurjen Katsman: We did quite a lot of work on anti-aliasing as well. We offer various anti-aliasing options to gamers to choose from depending on how powerful their hardware is. They really help smooth out rough edges that you can see more easily on a PC monitor.

View
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

16. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 18:53 Jerykk

I presently have a Geforce 460 768MB and a 1920x1200 - would SLI benefit me much? Are all new games compatible? I have a shitty motherboard, I hope it can handle it properly.

SLI/Crossfire support is hit and miss. Some games work perfectly while others either don't support it at all or they even run worse with it enabled. If you play a lot of games, it's probably worth it but don't expect to get performance boosts in every game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Comparisons? Aug 14, 2011, 18:25 Quboid

Are there any comparison shots of the PC version versus a console one?  

- Quboid

14. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 18:20 Quboid

I presently have a Geforce 460 768MB and a 1920x1200 - would SLI benefit me much? Are all new games compatible? I have a shitty motherboard, I hope it can handle it properly.

Or should I wait and get the market equivalent of the 560 in a few months time?

- Quboid

13. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 18:15 ^Drag0n^

Yeah, the 560 is probably the sweet point right now. And if you're SLI-ready, it future-proofs itself quite well with a second card.

Amazingly, I'm still running 2x8800GTXs. Aside from the lack of DX11 support, they are plenty fast with any title I have on my 23" Samsung 1080p monitor. And those are running close to 4 yrs old now (point being SLI/crossfire is a great way to spread out the card costs).

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

12. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 18:06 Mashiki Amiketo

Shok wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 18:02:
Thanks. I do have an LCD with 2048x1152 resolution so I may just have to invest more and get something powerful. The technology race sometimes makes me wish I was a console gamer lol.
Well the 7000 series will becoming out soonish. Otherwise you could always snag a 560 of somekind that'll hold you over. I picked up a EVGA560 for under $200 up here in Canadaland a few weeks ago when they had instant $30 off + $30 mail in rebate.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 18:02 Shok

Thanks. I do have an LCD with 2048x1152 resolution so I may just have to invest more and get something powerful. The technology race sometimes makes me wish I was a console gamer lol.

10. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 17:36 finga

I would say go for the Radeon 6950, or maybe stretch your budget into the $230 range and go for the Radeon 6970. If you're an Nvidia guy, the 560 Ti is pretty close in the benchmarks (sometimes faster, sometimes slower) and it can be found for under $200 after rebate. The 560 only has 1GB on the card, which could be a concern down the road depending on how fast texture resolution is increased in the next couple years.

Of course, if you're trying to power a 2560x1600 display or something, none of these cards will do too much good for long - especially if you start cranking up the eye candy and antialiasing. You could probably use one of these cards at around 1920x1200 (or x1080), but by the end of two years you might be stretching it with some tough choices on detail options.

This review has benchmarks for all 3 cards.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2011, 17:47.

9. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 17:30 Shok

All those DX11 features makes me want to upgrade my video card. It's a Radeon 5850 but DX11 specific features are slow.

Can anyone suggest a fairly future-proof (~2 yrs) DX11 video card $200 or less?

8. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 17:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 17:16:
nice. If they keep polishing the PC version my interest in this game might return....
If you haven't played the leaked version you should. Despite everything that I thought would be wrong, it was good. Damn good infact, it even has that classic deus ex feel to it. I actually cackled the first time I heard the UNATCO music play.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 17:16 Lord Tea

nice. If they keep polishing the PC version my interest in this game might return....  
UPSA = United Police States of America

6. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 16:53 Techie714

This game really is sounding like it is going to be an AWESOME title. I'm really looking forward to it. The threads of reality, sci-fi, & near future is really impressive & interesting.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 16:36 StingingVelvet

You realize nin that the beta is months old... you can't judge the game on that.  

4. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 16:33 nin

I'm using a 560 GTX @ 19x10 (with DX11) and it's pretty smooth. You see a slight bit of chop the first time a level is loaded (like it's still loading stuff in the background), but after that it's fine. (Not unlike what you see with the unreal engine, only here you don't have textures popping in, as they're already there.)

Wasn't aware the PC version was outsourced, but it seems like they did a pretty good job. The tutorial videos that popup reference the 360 controller, but that's not a huge deal.

Load times from save files seem a little long, but that's probably because I'm impatient and ready to go. Save times are instant.

16:9 and 16:10 are both supported, though if you're like me you just leave that at auto and pick your screen rez of choice.

And they said a few weeks ago that manually changing the FOV is in.

So overall, they did a decent job. I wouldn't mind some advanced audio options (the beta just had sliders for music, sound, and dialogue) but I never had a problem with the sound.

Oh, and yea for subtitles - another nice touch.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 16:32 Pineapple Ferguson

Yay for doing something that should be required when making the PC port of your console game. No really, thanks. Now if we can just get back to the days when things like fully customizable mouse and keyboard buttons were a given, we PC gamers can be less bitter.

By that I mean find other things to be bitter about, like the shitty inventory system and inevitable nickel and dime DLC that is going to keep me from buying this game until it's cheap.

2. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 16:28 Wetworks

I'm going to guess that Deus Ex or Skyrim + mods/dlc will be my GOTY for 2011.  

1. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 16:16 J

12 days to go!  

76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo