Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer

A new gameplay trailer from Serious Sam 3: BFE shows off a continuous combat sequence from Croteam's upcoming first-person shooter prequel that runs for over six minutes. The clip shows off various enemies and weapons in action as Sam both runs and guns. Thanks Seriously! where they also have word via German site GameStar that DTP will distribute Serious Sam 3 in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 15, 2011, 00:36 DangerDog

Didn't look like what those early screenshots showed off, liked the gore effect though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 10:29 Sphinx

Reloads? Looking down gun sights? Now wait just a second here....  
-Sphinx

14. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 06:19 everyone

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 23:18:
It LOOKS like they were trying to do some sorta Military FPS game that was canceled and all the art assets were used in a SS type game.
I read somewhere - though it may have been BS - that the first level or two is supposed to be taking the piss out of "serious business" games like COD and BF, and that things get more "serious sam" later on.

13. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 04:06 spindoctor

Ravenus wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 03:52:
It LOOKS like they were trying to do some sorta Military FPS game that was canceled and all the art assets were used in a SS type game.
Hey weren't they actually doing that? I remember seeing some screenies years ago.

Yup I seem to remember this too. I think the first screenshots of this engine we ever saw had that particular theme going on.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

12. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 04:01 Hump

I'll hold back opinion until Ive played it. Having said that, Croteam couldve spent a few more minutes making the gameplay trailer look more inviting.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 03:52 Ravenus

Hey weren't they actually doing that? I remember seeing some screenies years ago.

10. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 23:56 Jerykk

It looks like it's trying to "modernize" the series with gameplay mechanics and settings that don't really lend themselves to this type of game. Iron sights, sprinting, realistic modern weapons, modern war-torn, Middle-Eastern setting, one-hit melee kills, etc.

On the bright side, at least the game doesn't have health regen.

9. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 23:18 The Half Elf

beaves wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 17:42:
"looks like an SOF2 clone, no thanks."

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 21:54 Ray Marden

Design and weapons seem a bit bland, but at least it retains the fairly stupid gameplay of SS1 instead of reminding me of SS2.

As always, I hope they do something silly/crazy/strange with the level design so this comes off as more than a simple shooter. Having the more realistic settings does not accomplish this.
And even if there were swarms of mobs, it's mitigated by the numerous buildings.
Interested, but waiting,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

7. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 21:29 jacobvandy

It's not a trailer... It's a leaked gameplay video of some early build that must be making the rounds by now. Yes the framerate is bad, but that's probably this guy turning the settings up too high for his crappy computer AND running FRAPS or whatever to capture the video on top of it.

A trailer would have the ratings notice at the beginning, then the name of the game, website, logos, etc. at the end. The framerate wouldn't be choppy and it would come from an official source, not a random user on Dailymotion.

You can't judge the game by this, so just enjoy it for what it is, an unauthorized sneak peek. Although seeing these reactions from you guys makes me understand why most publishers are so quick to get such videos taken down ASAP.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2011, 21:34.

6. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 19:44 FU

Looks bad. Seriously. Was looking forward to this b4 this trailer.  

5. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 19:40 Fion

The framerates are pretty seriously bad considering the level design is so very low poly/low texture quality.

Other trailers and shots I've seen are much better. Not sure why this one looks so very.. 2004.

4. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 17:42 beaves

"looks like an SOF2 clone, no thanks."  

3. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 16:57 Cram

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 15:42:
Gameplay looks fun enough, but the level design is atrocious.

Also, wtf is with the uninspired weapon selection? M4? Desert Eagle? SPAS 12? (or whatever...)

Since when did Serious Sam have such bland unoriginal weapons?

All the media and content we've seen in this game up to this point have been from the first three levels of the game, unfortunately. I understand the weapon concern, but.... As with any Serious Sam game, you get the more exotic weapons the further you go in. I think the storyline may also impact what we're seeing, as this game takes places at the beginning of Mental's first invasion of Earth so all Sam's got at the beginning of game are more Earth based weapons. I obviously can't say for certain, but I'm 99% sure there will be some interesting and ridiculous weapons in this game. All the classics are confirmed (laser pulse gun, cannon ball etc) and I'm sure there will be some new ones. Atrocious level design is your opinion and that's fine, and maybe it is but I challenge you to explain how the level design in this gameplay video is any different to the level designs in SS1, SE and SS2. It's exactly the same, you could say that it is atrocious on purpose. Random buildings and cover laid out in completely random weird places for no reason with random items hanging around for some reason that when collected spawn random enemies. Every Egypt level from the previous games has been like this. It may be atrocious, but it's 100% Serious Sam level design to a tee.

Following development of this game very closely, and from direct quotes and actions taken from developers, Croteam is on the ball for this one. Their forum activity has been amazing, and they've taken a lot of feedback from their fans to heart. They've admitted SS2 missed the mark big time, and this time they're listening to their fans and what they want. The latest tidbit about split screen isn't the only thing they've thrown in that people on their forums and elsewhere wanted.

2. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 16:04 Linksil

I was going to say the same thing. This looks like someone made a mod for COD and put in SS baddies.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

1. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 13, 2011, 15:42 siapnar

Gameplay looks fun enough, but the level design is atrocious.

Also, wtf is with the uninspired weapon selection? M4? Desert Eagle? SPAS 12? (or whatever...)

Since when did Serious Sam have such bland unoriginal weapons?

I have projectile dysfunction.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo