Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guns of Icarus Online Announced

Muse Games Announces Guns of Icarus Online, an upcoming MMO airship combat game set in the skies above a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The game does not yet carry a release date, but the Guns of Icarus Online Website is live with some details and a cinematic teaser trailer. Here's a snippet from the game's description:

The wasteland is a tough place, but you won't be alone. Every ship can have multiple human or NPC crew members. With a flexible skill and leveling system, every crewman brings something unique to the ship. No one sits idly during a firefight. Expect to find your pilot putting out a fire or your mechanic manning the guns at any moment. With many airships to outfit, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, it will take a competent captain to make the most out of each trip. Dangers will be lurking everywhere and they won't just be pirate ambushes; expect to find opposing players out hunting for your cargo as well.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Announced Aug 13, 2011, 07:45 Prez

It's truly a wonderful game concept. Problem is that, as it was released on Steam, it was not much of a game. I had fun with it for a short while, but after an hour I had seen everything there was to see.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Announced Aug 13, 2011, 07:24 JaguarUSF

This game has been out for over a year. I'm curious as to what the "Online" version adds.  

4. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Announced Aug 13, 2011, 05:39 Razumen

Nate wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 01:00:
Think there was a mod that sorta had some of this gameplay.

AirBuccaneers (UT2004) meets Crimson Skies.
Really sad that Airbuccaneers died under the radar, it was a really sweet teamplay mod with great atmosphere.

3. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Announced Aug 13, 2011, 01:00 Nate

Think there was a mod that sorta had some of this gameplay.  

2. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Announced Aug 12, 2011, 23:09 Cutter

Interesting concept. I'm interested to at least see some actual gameplay footage at this point.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Guns of Icarus Online Announced Aug 12, 2011, 23:01 Keith

Looks pretty cool. Has a definite Crimson Skies feel. Looking forward to more on this one.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo