Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Previews Aug 12, 2011, 09:52 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 22:56:
The guy who wrote the T:A preview sounded like a noob. Health regen doesn't make a difference? Really? So, a heavy sitting on his flag who never has to leave to repair himself doesn't make a difference? Or a capper who's able to disc jump an infinite number of times because he can heal an infinite number of times doesn't make a difference? Or the fact that you can longer customize your loadout, which was one of the defining features of Tribes? Or the fact that you spawn in a predefined loadout, almost completely negating the importance of inventory stations and generators?

The writer can criticize the posters at Tribalwar all he wants but at least they know what they're talking about.

Agreed. Taking the complexity out of Tribes removes a large part of what separated it from other games. All of that stuff has impact on the gameplay itself. What's really frustrating is that they started out doing lip service on how faithful it was going to be but every piece of news is about them dumbing something down. Micro transactions and all of this streamlining is rapidly moving this game out of my radar.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Previews Aug 12, 2011, 06:44 Cornholio

I actually kinda wanna play it... weird, that hasn't happened in a very long time. Look at a preview and go 'hmmm cool it might actually be fun'.

pain killer + blade runner'ish setting = sounds fun.

6. Re: Evening Previews Aug 11, 2011, 23:53 Frijoles

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 23:17:
Looking forward to that Hard Reset game.....waiting for more reviews and really hoping for a demo.

They said they would have a demo. Something along the lines of (off-hand quote): It's an old-school PC game, and old-school PC games had demos.

5. Re: Evening Previews Aug 11, 2011, 23:17 xXBatmanXx

Looking forward to that Hard Reset game.....waiting for more reviews and really hoping for a demo.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Evening Previews Aug 11, 2011, 23:07 Wowbagger_TIP

I look forward to watching T:A crash and burn. Unfortunately, these guys never seem to learn the lessons of their mistakes and will probably just blame the gamers, as usual.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Evening Previews Aug 11, 2011, 22:56 Jerykk

The guy who wrote the T:A preview sounded like a noob. Health regen doesn't make a difference? Really? So, a heavy sitting on his flag who never has to leave to repair himself doesn't make a difference? Or a capper who's able to disc jump an infinite number of times because he can heal an infinite number of times doesn't make a difference? Or the fact that you can longer customize your loadout, which was one of the defining features of Tribes? Or the fact that you spawn in a predefined loadout, almost completely negating the importance of inventory stations and generators?

The writer can criticize the posters at Tribalwar all he wants but at least they know what they're talking about.

2. Re: Evening Previews Aug 11, 2011, 22:09 Frags4Fun

Tribes

I don't even mind their free-to-play model: they're planning on selling load out variations, so if you want to play with a certain combination of weapons, armor, and deployables, you'll have to buy that particular "class".

Are they serious!? I read the article up to this point and it totally sounds like the team making the game have never even played T1 or T2. This game is going to be a disaster.

1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 11, 2011, 20:54 nin

Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Worthplaying.

I just skimmed that, but it looks like there's some potential story spoilers under the "1:30 PM Gameplay Hands-On" section.

edit: Other sections look safe, I believe. Or aren't as specific as the Gameplay section at the top. And then there's this quote:

According to Lapikas, each of the multiple endings are distinct, but all of them allow for the setup of the original Deus Ex.

Between that, and a comment made earlier today, it really seems like the devs made a great effort to stay as close to the source material as they could. Which is fucking AWESOME!

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2011, 21:00.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo