Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans

Funcom announces that 300,000 new players have joined Age of Conan: Unchained in the first month since the barbaric MMORPG went free-to-play, doubling the game's revenue stream. "The launch of the hybrid business model has been very successful so far," says Funcom CEO Trond Arne Aas. "The activity levels on the servers are booming with a fourfold increase in players during July, we more than doubled the revenue generated from the game, and we have experienced a positive development in subscriber numbers. This definitely gives us great hope for the game’s future." They also announce plans for new content based on the new Conan the Barbarian movie that opens next week:

To celebrate the revival of Conan the Barbarian on the silver screen, the ‘Age of Conan: Unchained’ development team are hard at work creating a unique, movie tie-in Adventure Pack titled ‘Savage Coast of Turan’. The adventure pack will introduce all new world areas, as well as monsters, characters and player equipment that audiences can experience in the movie as it hits theatres on August 18th.

View
11. Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Aug 11, 2011, 12:20 Alamar

Blizzard announces 300k (and 600k) leave, and Funcom announces 300k join... Kind of funny, and not statistically connected, but PR never needs to be accurate ; )

I actually really enjoyed my Herald of Xotli (or something) when Conan launched, but I just ran out of solo content in the 40's ish, and haven't been back since... If I wasn't so busy, I'd consider checking out the F2P version.

-Alamar

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 11, 10:59 Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Techie714 ©
  2. Aug 11, 11:08  Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans nin
  3. Aug 11, 11:09   Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Fibrocyte
  4. Aug 11, 11:28    Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Animals for Crackers
  7. Aug 11, 12:07    Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans MattyC
  9. Aug 11, 12:14     Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Fibrocyte
  5. Aug 11, 11:35  Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans fujiJuice
  6. Aug 11, 11:51   Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Cutter
  10. Aug 11, 12:15   Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Fibrocyte
  8. Aug 11, 12:14 Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Wallshadows
>> 11. Aug 11, 12:20 Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Alamar
  13. Aug 11, 12:58  Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Dirwulf
  14. Aug 11, 13:46   Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Omni
  15. Aug 11, 18:39    Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Deepjay
  16. Aug 12, 12:29     Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Fion
  12. Aug 11, 12:57 Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans saluk

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo