Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access

ManiaPlanet now features a countdown timer ticking off the seconds until the launch of the multiplayer beta for TrackMania 2 Canyon, which will take place one week from today on August 17th at 6:00 pm EDT (thanks Frans). Preordering the Nadeo's racing sequel grants automatic access to the beta; here's word:

We’ve never been that close to the launch and it is time for us to go even faster : may the red booster be with us!

That’s the reason why we’re offering from August 17 onwards, until the launch of the game, the multiplayer beta to each one of you buying TrackMania² Canyon.

It is a turning checkpoint for Ubisoft Nadeo as we will be opening doors to all of the players willing to jump into the 1st ManiaPlanet online title right away.

For $24,99 / £19,99, you will be able to buy the game before the launch and install the multiplayer beta, which includes the map editor and the mediatracker (for videos editing). Upon release day, the beta version will be automatically updated to the finale and complete version of the game.

It will be available on www.trackmania.com.

Should you fear to forget about it, here is a little widget to install on your PC : it will recall you the time left before D-Day and zero hour

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 11, 2011, 02:21 Crustacean Soup

The physics in Stadium are just perfect. The other environments are slidy, or slow, or super fast and super grippy, or some weird combination thereof. I hope Canyon feels more like Stadium than any of the others.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 11, 2011, 00:48 Jensen

Mostly Google translated from French:
Cool But worried! The release, DRM or not?

or not ^ _ ^

It will still be connected to the individual campaign, which features new functions in a network, but the elements have no reason to be connected are still available offline, such as editors, LAN, splitscreen or Hotseat mode.

I'm not that interested in playing trackmania offline anyways. All the good content is online.

I don't know about the new environment. The only one I really like so far is the free one, Stadium. But, I've probably spent more time in Trackmania than any other game ever, so I don't mind Nadeo getting some of my money even if it doesn't match Stadium for me

3. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 10, 2011, 19:59 Cutter

Pretty crappy trailer, but from what you can actually see of the gameplay it looks pretty funxxor.

I also wish I was the PEGI announcer. I'd just walk around going PEGI 18 for no reason.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 10, 2011, 18:05 nin

UBI! UBI! UBI!

No sale!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: TrackMania 2 Beta Next Week, Preorders Get Access Aug 10, 2011, 18:05 Paketep

It would be nice of them to confirm or deny if this is coming with UbiShit DRM. If it doesn't, it might be the only money Ubi is going to get from me ever.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo