Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer

This trailer from Might & Magic Heroes VI offers a brief snippet from a cinematic trailer that will be released on August 17 during Gamescom to promote the upcoming turn-based strategy sequel. The clip concludes saying: "True heroes never die. True dynasties last forever." The clip is embedded below.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 00:20 Frijoles

Keilun wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 19:09:
The town screen was replaced with a town window which has a 2D animated view of your town that will update as buildings are added, although not all buildings will have an impact on the town window. Also you won't be able to interact with the town window.

Now that does suck. I think town building was my favorite part.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 22:28 Riker

Keilun wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 19:09:
The only thing I know of is that they've removed the pretty town screen that you had in previous HoMMs.

Bah, it's maybe a small thing, but that's a bummer.

HoMM 2 is my favorite. HoMM 5 is right behind it.

13. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 21:05 Bhruic

i'm in the beta and a fan of HOMM. VI is good and worth buying _IF_ you liked V. It is more like V than anything else.

I liked 3, but I disliked 4. I never tried 5. Would I like 6?

12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 19:54 avianflu

i'm in the beta and a fan of HOMM. VI is good and worth buying _IF_ you liked V. It is more like V than anything else. Regarding bugs in V: if you buy the "Tribes" stand-alone, you get V without the bugs.

the big changes are:

1. resource strategies have been simplified, which I think was a mistake, but not a dealbreaker.

2. the town screen is a step backward: with lots of icons and a GUI that is too fiddly. Someone should be fired for doing that.

3. The combat is as excellent as ever -- deep and multi-layered. Very pretty game if you have a PC that can run it at High.

4. the wonky camera in V is sorta fixed, but only because you now use a fixed camera angle. It is better than V.

11. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 19:09 Keilun

The only thing I know of is that they've removed the pretty town screen that you had in previous HoMMs. There's quite the uproar over that. While that isn't much of a detriment to the gameplay, I suspect it'll impact the immersiveness of the game.

The town screen was replaced with a town window which has a 2D animated view of your town that will update as buildings are added, although not all buildings will have an impact on the town window. Also you won't be able to interact with the town window.

10. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 18:02 Frijoles

Drezden wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 16:25:
Is that a serious question? 6 Games and loads of expansions later and the gameplay has barely changed much. Chances are if you like the HOMM series, it's because of the gameplay.

I worry about them pulling a DoW2 or C&C and changing a bunch of shit to make the game "more accessible". We'd probably have heard about it by now though if that had happened.

9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 18:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Let's see...

Ubisoft + established game series + trailer^(trailer) = The DRM will be ridiculous.

Also, way to ripoff Return of the King for this CGI?

8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 17:24 Annex

Better not be as bug ridden as Heroes 5.  

7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 17:04 Mashiki Amiketo

Frijoles wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 15:00:
PLEASE don't have shit DRM!
Oh don't worry. I'm sure the pirates will be playing it without a problem just like usual.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 16:57 Alamar

I hate teaser trailers... Just a great example of what I don't enjoy about the entertainment industries...

At first I thought it was a blueper (am I coining that or has it been done before? Instead of blooper), but I guess the franchise hasna slightly modified name? HOMM has worked, but will MMH's?

-Alamar

5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 16:25 Trevellian

Frijoles wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 16:00:
Anyone in the beta care to comment on the gameplay? Is it worth $60?

Is that a serious question? 6 Games and loads of expansions later and the gameplay has barely changed much. Chances are if you like the HOMM series, it's because of the gameplay.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 16:00 Frijoles

Anyone in the beta care to comment on the gameplay? Is it worth $60?  

3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 15:52 Cutter

Keilun wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 14:46:
I like the Heroes franchise, but, do we really need a trailer to a trailer?

Yeah, I know, right? Just bring the f'n game on already.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 15:00 Frijoles

PLEASE don't have shit DRM!  

1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 14:46 Keilun

I like the Heroes franchise, but, do we really need a trailer to a trailer?  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo