Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer

A new F.E.A.R. 3 behind-the-scenes trailer offers an inside look at the motion capture technology being used in Day 1 Studios' first-person shooter sequel. Word is: "Lead Animator Andy Konieczny explains how movement data are captured with multiple cameras and a sensor-filled suit and how the data translates to animations of different characters in F.E.A.R. 3. Mo-cap actors Scott Sumerak and Lawrence Kern also give insight to how they prepare to take on the role of various characters in video games." The clip is embedded below, as they require young eyes to be shielded from this material.

View
11. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 20:53 Aero

I thought the shooter mechanics and AI were quite good, which saved it for me. The "boo!" scare element and occasionally wonky level design kept it from being as good as it could have been though. If it had more straight shooter elements and less, frankly boring, horror, it would probably have been an excellent game..

I also don't really remember much about the story, so it can't have been that good. All I know is that I was having quite a bit of fun when I was in heavy combat situations, but was bored stiff while I did the forced march through linear haunted house sections, and they probably accounted for most of the actual game length content-wise.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 10, 11:48 Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Creston
  2. Aug 10, 13:43  Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer  Blue 
  3. Aug 10, 13:58   Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer headkase
  6. Aug 10, 14:33   Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Creston
  4. Aug 10, 14:04 Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer necrosis
  5. Aug 10, 14:07  Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer headkase
  7. Aug 10, 14:34  Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Creston
  8. Aug 10, 14:41   Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Quboid
  9. Aug 10, 17:02 Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer Alamar
  10. Aug 10, 18:08 Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Motion Capture Trailer SectorEffector