Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Trading Beta

Team Fortress 2 Blog announces Valve is beta testing a new function to allow the trade of in-game items and gifted games between players. A Steam Trading Beta FAQ attempts to answer all your questions about this, and here's a bit on how it works:

Steam Trading Beta lets you securely trade your in-game items for other in-game items from participating games. You can also trade Steam gifts (games on Steam that you've purchased but not yet added to your Games Library).

Want to try it out? In Steam, go to Steam > Settings, and opt into Steam Trading Beta. That's it! Now your Steam Community profile will have an item inventory, and you'll be able to view the item inventories of every public profile in the Steam community.

Now that you've opted into the Trading Beta, you can invite people to trade through Group Chat, and trade with anybody in your Friends List who's also opted in. Just right-click on their name and select "Invite to Trade" from the dropdown menu. Once your friend accepts your offer to trade, a trade window will open up. The first time you open the trade window, a step-by-step walkthrough will guide you through your first trade.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 23:06 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 14:03:
Krovven wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:22:
Verno, I know Batman and I were talking about going in on a 4 pack for Dead Island.

Dead Island looks awesome but I don't think I have anything to trade of similar value.

Cool, I've got 3 spare copies to go around for something around equal value or $37.50 which is the 4pack value split 4 ways. You three can let me know via forum PM or Steam if you're interested.

Sent you a msg. Add me in Steam and we will figure something out - maybe just buy you something off of your wishlist that is the same or similar price.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 14:03 Verno

Krovven wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:22:
Verno, I know Batman and I were talking about going in on a 4 pack for Dead Island.

Dead Island looks awesome but I don't think I have anything to trade of similar value.

Cool, I've got 3 spare copies to go around for something around equal value or $37.50 which is the 4pack value split 4 ways. You three can let me know via forum PM or Steam if you're interested.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

16. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 12:22 Krovven

15. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 12:21 Krael

Ahh, hadn't delved too deep into the gifts

If that's the case, then that's awesome!

14. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 11:55 theyarecomingforyou

Krael wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 11:44:
The way I'm reading this, is not for trading the games themselves, but the ITEMS within said games...
If you read the announcement it also states you can trade Steam gifts, which is what we're talking about here. My understanding is that gifts can be traded for gifts or in-game items, though I've only had a quick look at the inventory system.

If this is the case then potentially it could be used by people to trade for games not available in a particular region or for particular items that are dramatically more expensive.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 11:44 Krael

The way I'm reading this, is not for trading the games themselves, but the ITEMS within said games...  

12. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 11:31 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 09:14:
I've got a few spare copies of a Dead Island 4pack for trade.
I just checked the international Steam Store pages and found that all areas seem to be offering the 4-pack, except for the UK. I wasn't even aware there was a 4-pack being offered to some regions until you mentioned it.

11. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 11:11 Creston

I don't think I have anything for trade, I'd have to check, but I like the functionality.

Creston

10. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 10:31 inveigle88

Just tell me when Valve and EA have worked out their tiff so I can purchase BF3 through Steam. All other news is secondary.  

9. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 09:32 Asmo

Such a pity I don't have spare gift copies of all the games I've doubled up on in packs... = \  

8. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 09:14 Verno

I've got a few spare copies of a Dead Island 4pack for trade.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

7. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 08:29 theyarecomingforyou

If anyone wants to trade some games then drop me a line. Games available: Bioshock, DiRT2, Portal, HL2-Ep1. I'm more interested in how it works than anything else.
Steam name: theyarecomingforyou

6. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 06:00 SM0k3

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 01:52:
I just started playing TF2 so it would be nice of I could get some medic stuff for the random shit they have given me. That alone will make me opt-in for this.

Also I have been trying to give away my Deus Ex gift ever since I pre-purchased Deus Ex 3.

I'll take that Deus Ex off your hands. steam name = glassh0le

5. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 03:16 [THA] Hamst3r

I've got a few games to trade if you're interested.

Killing Floor, Defense Grid and Super Meat Boy.

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

4. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 10, 2011, 01:52 StingingVelvet

I just started playing TF2 so it would be nice of I could get some medic stuff for the random shit they have given me. That alone will make me opt-in for this.

Also I have been trying to give away my Deus Ex gift ever since I pre-purchased Deus Ex 3.

3. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 9, 2011, 23:25 Krovven

I have a GTA Vice City for trade.

2. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 9, 2011, 22:51 reisub

I've been sitting on a spare HL2 for years. Can't even give it away. x)  

1. Re: Steam Trading Beta Aug 9, 2011, 22:02 Sepharo

So we can finally trade outside of TF2?

Hooray I might even do it once now.

Also Portal, HL2, HL2:E1, and Audiosurf available for trade if there's anyone on Earth who doesn't have those and has games that I don't have.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo