Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future

IndustryGamers recently spoke with BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka about Dragon Age II, and the discontent of some fans at the changes in the RPG sequel compared with Dragon Age: Origins. Dr. Ray points out that these changes helped introduce a wider audience to the series, but also talks about making changes based on user feedback in upcoming Dragon Age II DLC, and presumably Dragon Age III. Here's an excerpt:

"We’re working on future projects in the Dragon Age franchise," he acknowledged. "We have some more DLC plans, that actually address some of the feedback from some of our core fans. I think that’s going to be really satisfying to fans who liked DAO and DA2. We haven’t announced Dragon Age III formally at all, but we can say we’re definitely thinking about future products. There’s some cool stuff in the works there."

View
21. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 08:34 briktal

Julio wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 07:59:
Here's why I didn't purchase DA2 and will not likely be buying DA3 or any Bioware products in the future.

Bioware no longer makes games that are what I want. I'm hoping that someone else will.

Here's why DA2 went from a 'must buy on day one' to 'never buying it':

1) Loss of overhead camera (made me wait for a demo/reviews)
2) Gameplay changes such as 'waves of mobs'
3) The demo sucked (and likely the full game did too)
4) Bioware employee(s) posted their own reviews (without revealing their conflict of interest). To me that's pretty fradulent.
5) Metacritic user reviews clearly showed the game sucked
6) PC Gamer gave it a score in the high 90s.
7) Development time/effort was too short, clearly shown in the repeating of map areas. Maybe DA3 will take place in only one room with different colors each time.
8) Bioware is doing lots of damage control BS. Basically the game sucked, but Bioware is right, and made the right decisions. So DA3 will be worse.

Overall, I suspect EA isn't happy with the lower amount of sales DA2 did than DA1. Or maybe DA2 sold well and they fooled lots of gamers into paying for it. But I doubt DA2 sales > DA1 sales, and I'll predict DA3 sales will be worse.

I think DA2 sold pretty well. Keep in mind, there are a lot of people who see a 2 and think "whoa they made another one!" and buy it. That's the entire point of a cash in sequel. Now, DA3 sales might be another issue.

I wouldn't say that DA2 was really all that dumbed down. The problem is, it was bad. You still had some of the combat depth in there, but you couldn't use it due to the waves.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 9, 22:08 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Rattlehead
  2. Aug 9, 22:31  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Flatline
  9. Aug 10, 01:18  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Dirwulf
  10. Aug 10, 01:30   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Jerykk
  14. Aug 10, 01:50    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future StingingVelvet
  16. Aug 10, 06:10    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future wonkawonka
  37. Aug 10, 15:26     Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Creston
  11. Aug 10, 01:32   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Wowbagger_TIP
  19. Aug 10, 07:27   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Dades
  25. Aug 10, 09:25    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future nin
  26. Aug 10, 09:45     Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Asmo
  30. Aug 10, 10:25      Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Verno
  31. Aug 10, 10:38       Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Fion
  38. Aug 10, 17:43       Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Asmo
  39. Aug 10, 17:51        Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Beelzebud
  22. Aug 10, 08:57   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future necrosis
  28. Aug 10, 10:08   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future dheer
  29. Aug 10, 10:25    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Fion
  18. Aug 10, 07:22  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future The Half Elf
  3. Aug 9, 22:50 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Icewind
  5. Aug 9, 23:45  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Jerykk
  6. Aug 10, 00:02  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Nucas
  7. Aug 10, 00:08   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Wowbagger_TIP
  4. Aug 9, 23:21 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Dades
  8. Aug 10, 00:14 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future EricFate
  12. Aug 10, 01:41 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Kastagir
  13. Aug 10, 01:49 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future StingingVelvet
  15. Aug 10, 05:15 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future TiradeofTruth
  17. Aug 10, 06:10  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Grokk
  20. Aug 10, 07:59 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Julio
>> 21. Aug 10, 08:34  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future briktal
  23. Aug 10, 09:00 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Bhruic
  24. Aug 10, 09:03 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Verno
  27. Aug 10, 09:48 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future ZeroCougar
  32. Aug 10, 10:42 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Yakubs
  33. Aug 10, 10:51 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Belly Flop
  34. Aug 10, 10:59 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Cutter
  35. Aug 10, 11:13 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future wonkawonka
  36. Aug 10, 15:21 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Creston

footer

Blue's News logo