Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future

IndustryGamers recently spoke with BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka about Dragon Age II, and the discontent of some fans at the changes in the RPG sequel compared with Dragon Age: Origins. Dr. Ray points out that these changes helped introduce a wider audience to the series, but also talks about making changes based on user feedback in upcoming Dragon Age II DLC, and presumably Dragon Age III. Here's an excerpt:

"We’re working on future projects in the Dragon Age franchise," he acknowledged. "We have some more DLC plans, that actually address some of the feedback from some of our core fans. I think that’s going to be really satisfying to fans who liked DAO and DA2. We haven’t announced Dragon Age III formally at all, but we can say we’re definitely thinking about future products. There’s some cool stuff in the works there."

View
16. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 06:10 wonkawonka

Jerykk wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 01:30:
For me, DA2's game-breaking flaws were the excessive recycling of environments and the wave-based combat encounters where enemies would literally spawn out of thin air. Since you were able to play through the game twice, that means you didn't place much significance on these flaws. However, that doesn't mean that others share your opinion nor does it invalidate their opinions and turn them into trolls, as you seem to suggest.

To respond to @Dirwulf, I did play DA2 fully 3 times actually, in a number of different ways, and I still agree with @Jerykk all the way. I tried, I really really tried to love the game. But in the end the only real enjoyment I got was when I played it as a third-person non-stop shooter. And that enjoyment is incomparably lower than the one I got from DA:O.

It is literally impossible to use any thoughtful tactics when waves of enemies appear out of thin air close to you. Sure you can come up with a good strategy for playing the game by properly setting up your characters and their action logic, but without any tactics every single encounter is like any other, especially considering the boring environments. In fact, with a proper strategy, the fights play themselves. You just need to constantly bash the "target nearest" key, and every once in a while press 1-2-3-4 to do the über combo you set up. When you've recovered stamina/mana, wash and recycle.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 9, 22:08 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Rattlehead
  2. Aug 9, 22:31  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Flatline
  9. Aug 10, 01:18  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Dirwulf
  10. Aug 10, 01:30   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Jerykk
  14. Aug 10, 01:50    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future StingingVelvet
>> 16. Aug 10, 06:10    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future wonkawonka
  37. Aug 10, 15:26     Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Creston
  11. Aug 10, 01:32   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Wowbagger_TIP
  19. Aug 10, 07:27   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Dades
  25. Aug 10, 09:25    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future nin
  26. Aug 10, 09:45     Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Asmo
  30. Aug 10, 10:25      Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Verno
  31. Aug 10, 10:38       Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Fion
  38. Aug 10, 17:43       Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Asmo
  39. Aug 10, 17:51        Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Beelzebud
  22. Aug 10, 08:57   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future necrosis
  28. Aug 10, 10:08   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future dheer
  29. Aug 10, 10:25    Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Fion
  18. Aug 10, 07:22  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future The Half Elf
  3. Aug 9, 22:50 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Icewind
  5. Aug 9, 23:45  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Jerykk
  6. Aug 10, 00:02  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Nucas
  7. Aug 10, 00:08   Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Wowbagger_TIP
  4. Aug 9, 23:21 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Dades
  8. Aug 10, 00:14 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future EricFate
  12. Aug 10, 01:41 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Kastagir
  13. Aug 10, 01:49 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future StingingVelvet
  15. Aug 10, 05:15 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future TiradeofTruth
  17. Aug 10, 06:10  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Grokk
  20. Aug 10, 07:59 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Julio
  21. Aug 10, 08:34  Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future briktal
  23. Aug 10, 09:00 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Bhruic
  24. Aug 10, 09:03 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Verno
  27. Aug 10, 09:48 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future ZeroCougar
  32. Aug 10, 10:42 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Yakubs
  33. Aug 10, 10:51 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Belly Flop
  34. Aug 10, 10:59 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Cutter
  35. Aug 10, 11:13 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future wonkawonka
  36. Aug 10, 15:21 Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Creston

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo