Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Syfy's Gaming Initiatives

The Hollywood Reporter interviews Dave Howe, talking with the president of the Syfy television network about their gaming projects, including the Red Faction: Armageddon tie-in movie, their MMO shooter DEFIANCE, and what's next. Here's Dave's take on the future: "I think its early days for us. Trion was our first major joint venture and we entered into that two or three years ago. We have the joint venture partnership with THQ. We just announced a gaming initiative whereby were publishing around six Facebook games. This is a beginning of what we hope will be an aggressive expansion and we do truly believe that his is a ripe opportunity for Syfy to capitalize on and the right opportunity to really exploit the passion, the interest, the habits, and the entertainment consumption habits of our audience in a way that weve never been able to do in the past. Were very excited about games and we see it as a big growth opportunity for us over the next five to 10 years."

View
14. Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives Aug 9, 2011, 19:40 kanniballl

space captain wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 17:34:
alphas is moderately ok.. but its no stargate or farscape or dresden files or even close to something like that

eureka was always pretty weak, but warehouse 13 is even worse.. i still watch them tho - scifi/fantasy is hard to find on tv these days

Yeh, it's getting hard but there are *some* alternatives out there.

Falling Skies - the first season started out slow but got decent after the 1/2-way mark and ended quite well. It's back in the Summer of 2010.

Terra Nova - coming soon, time travellers go back to dinosaur-era to give humanity a new chance at survival. Doesn't look bad, but I haven't read any reviews about it.

Some of the online/web series are decent from what I hear. I don't recall some of the names but they've been getting good reviews.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 9, 11:45 Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives Cutter
  2. Aug 9, 12:37  Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives kanniballl
  4. Aug 9, 15:16   Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives MoreLuckThanSkill
  5. Aug 9, 16:35    Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives Wowbagger_TIP
  3. Aug 9, 13:39  Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives Agent.X7
  6. Aug 9, 16:36   Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives eRe4s3r
  7. Aug 9, 16:37 Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives Tanto Edge
  8. Aug 9, 16:54  Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives Longswd
  9. Aug 9, 17:34 Re: Syfy's Gaming Initiatives space captain