Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from QuakeCon 2011

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 7, 2011, 13:14 Fuzzmatang

John Carmack is a true bro. A developer who actually gives a shit about his craft and producing quality software (even if the gameplay doesn't quite match its technical excellence).

Looking forward to Rage and the id Tech 4 source release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 6, 2011, 08:10 heroin

I want them to make a new expansion pack for the original Quake. Maybe that will get some people back on the servers. Ain't nothing like playing multiplayer Quake.  

4. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 6, 2011, 06:47 Jerykk

That's what made it so great. He spoke honestly about the things he cared about. He didn't pander to the audience, Bethesda, Sony, Microsoft or even id.  

3. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 6, 2011, 04:30 shihonage

I watched the entire thing, though I have to say it wasn't his most siccinct piece. I doubt 85% of people in the audience could understand the technospeak.  

2. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 6, 2011, 03:01 LittleMe

Yeah it comes across that he's being honest with himself and about the limitations of his product. We get a better product because during the entire development process he's critical of his own work and pays attention to the details. /opinion..

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 6, 2011, 02:28 Jerykk

While I wasn't happy to hear that the PC version of RAGE has the same low-res textures as the console versions, it was still really refreshing to see how honest Carmack is. I think he's the only developer to actually criticize aspects of his own games before they are even released. Pretty much any other developer wouldn't admit to any flaws until at least 6 months after release, if ever.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo