Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website has an update about the Jedi Consular in BioWare's upcoming MMORPG, which includes this trailer showing the class in action using both cinematics and gameplay footage. Here's the caption from the clip: "Jedi Consulars channel the power of the Force for strength in combat and wisdom in diplomacy. Years of arduous training and meditation have sharpened Consulars’ minds to cut to the truth as cleanly as a Lightsaber."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 7, 2011, 11:56 bjack

yuastnav wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 06:46:
I love Star Wars!
And I'm never going to play this game. It looks boring as hell.

I wish they'd make another Jedi Knight instead, a proper Jedi Knight 3, for example. Not another crappy Force Unleashed or Lego Star Wars.

I guess that's the curse of Lucas. Everything starts off great and after a while, when enough fame is accumulated, it gets transformed into a mindless money-making machine.

I hope this flops!

Agree. Agree. Agree.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 7, 2011, 06:46 yuastnav

I love Star Wars!
And I'm never going to play this game. It looks boring as hell.

I wish they'd make another Jedi Knight instead, a proper Jedi Knight 3, for example. Not another crappy Force Unleashed or Lego Star Wars.

I guess that's the curse of Lucas. Everything starts off great and after a while, when enough fame is accumulated, it gets transformed into a mindless money-making machine.

I hope this flops!

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 6, 2011, 18:41 Blegvad

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 11:16:
Blegvad wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 23:58:
Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 22:47:
More like Star Wars: The Meh Republic.

That is the absolute height of wit!

Still winning hearts and minds around here?

Still sad an angry were all not mindless little fanboys like you? Awwww.

Oh, I get it! You're the loser that Alec Guiness was talking about. Wow, so how many times have you seen Star Wars by now? 1000?

If you ever actually read anything that I posted here about SWTOR you would know that I'm hardly a fanboy. You're just sore about being called out as a naysayer with no factual basis for any of your proclamations of SWTOR related doom.

Does it have issues? Hell yeah it does, you ought read up on leaked info from the beta. Try harping on that material if you want to cease looking like a total jackass. The reaction of the rest of the community to you on this forum does speak volumes anyway.

I'm guessing this forum has an ignore list, if so welcome to it.

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 6, 2011, 13:19 Despoiler

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 11:16:

Oh, I get it! You're the loser that Alec Guiness was talking about. Wow, so how many times have you seen Star Wars by now? 1000?

You should probably stop talking. You have been wrong about every MMO that has come out. If you think you are such a bad ass MMO arm chair designer you should take it to the real world and actually go work on an MMO. Then you can get laughed out that company much like you do on these forums.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 6, 2011, 11:16 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 6, 2011, 02:04 Sempai

I actually enjoyed this trailer more than most the others of late.
While the game won't be breaking any new ground or be the 2nd coming of Christ, I'm more than ready to sink my teeth into it.

Not even a star wars fan, but a well produced scifi mmo would be nice.

I just hope it's fun.

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 5, 2011, 23:58 Blegvad

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 5, 2011, 22:47 Cutter

"A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The first bad penny dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boy's eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guessed that one day they would explode.

'I would love you to do something for me,' I said.

'Anything! Anything!' the boy said rapturously.

'You won't like what I'm going to ask you to do,' I said.

'Anything, sir, anything!'

'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?'

He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."

— Alec Guinness (A Positively Final Appearance)

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Aug 5, 2011, 21:14 Fion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjnSGd1FYo

720p version for those interested. If I pick this up I'm going Jedi Consular myself.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo