Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer

This new ‘Classified Information’ trailer from Deus Ex: Human Revolution shows off more of the action/RPG prequel in the works at Eidos Montreal. Word is: "A tips-driven, in-depth look at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Learn how to best approach situations using stealth, combat, social and hacking gameplay, benefits to using augmentations, story overview and key characters you, as Adam Jensen, will encounter. The truth will change you." On a related note, Square Enix announces charitybuzz is auctioning a limited run of prints of works based on the game that from an art show based on the game, with proceeds "going to funding further education in the arts." The embedded version of the trailer follows.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2011, 10:54 Verno

People who don't buy this game need to hand in their PC gamer cred, this is exactly the type of effort that should be rewarded and that people are crowing for all the time.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2011, 10:49 J

Invisible War crushed a lot of hope. It's understandable that people feel upset by it. I believe this is going in the right direction and if I did not support that then I would feel more upset. I believe if we send a clear message to developers that we enjoy decent games then they may put more effort into it. Or, on the other hand, it could be another decade before there's a worthy successor.

Time will tell!

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2011, 09:45 nin

I was concerned that the leak would put me off somehow, but if anything it's reassured me.

I don't think I've heard a single bad thing about the leak, and each day we get closer to release, it gets harder and harder fighting the urge to go get it.

Whoever leaked it did their PR group a huge favor. I never would have guessed, when the game was announced, it would have turned out as well as it apparently has.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2011, 02:45 J

I succumbed and grabbed the leak as I just couldn't wait any more, and I'm glad that I did. I knew they had tried, which was why I was pre-ordering anyway, but it wasn't until I got my teeth into the game that I realized how much they have tried.

One thing I loved about the original Deus Ex was that I could do the missions and progress and then I'd do it again on another playthrough and find that I had missed things. Even though I thought I was pretty thorough the first time round, the second playthrough led me to find new hidden things that I missed before. Definitely like!

The hacking is interesting, even with maxed out hacking augs it's still challenging and rewarding too.

I'm still getting used to how melee works, I sometimes catch myself trying to melee boxes, and as the takedown requires a whole battery it helps a lot to have either extra batteries and/or faster recharge.

My choices do have an impact on the game too. The first one which hit me was right at the start where simply taking way too long and ignoring warnings whilst I was doing my own thing made a big difference.

I was concerned that the leak would put me off somehow, but if anything it's reassured me.

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 20:00 Fion

Hey for those who won't watch this vid because they don't want to be spoiled, almost all the footage here little snippets from the first hour or so of the game, so watch away!  

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 18:52 captawe

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 18:42:

The leaked build is apparently only 10-15% of the game, and that took me nearly 15hrs to get through. But I explored pretty much everything I could.

Cool! I still have hope!

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 18:42 Mashiki Amiketo

captawe wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 17:05:
How long is this game supposed to be?

Looks like a lot of cutscenes and conversations.

I'd really be surprised if there more than 10 hours of gameplay.
The leaked build is apparently only 10-15% of the game, and that took me nearly 15hrs to get through. But I explored pretty much everything I could.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 17:27 StaTik

Good to know Fion. I have stayed away from the leaked demo because I'm trying hard to get into this with zero expectation. Having played the first one many many times though on the trusty Voodoo3 it's very hard to have zero expectations with this game.  

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 17:08 Fion

Having played a few hours of the 'leaked' beta I can say that at least early in the game thare aren't very many cutscenes at all. There is a fair bit of conversation in the game but that really can be an integral part, but there's still tuns of combat if thats what you want. My first time through (I only let myself play the first few 'missions) I didn't kill a single enemy and I went stealth and conversation heavy (picked up the invisibility and the pheromones augs). Second time I went through guns blazing. Honestly, I had just as much fun both times. I'd try different ways but I purposefully forced myself to stop playing lol.

I myself, I had to tear myself away from the leaked beta because I didn't want to spoil the game for myself. I understand it's only an early part of the game but still. It's so much freaking fun though that I pre-ordered the game on steam as soon as it was available.

Tell you the truth when this was first announced I thought a modern company could never pull this off because today it's all about showmanship, most modern AAA games are about as deep as a rain puddle after all.

How wrong I was...

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 17:05 captawe

How long is this game supposed to be?

Looks like a lot of cutscenes and conversations.

I'd really be surprised if there more than 10 hours of gameplay.

6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 17:04 Dev

Quboid wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 15:30:
I've preordered this, very rare for me
Same here, I couldn't pass up the GMG special for under $30.

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 16:49 Wowbagger_TIP

The hacking in Alpha Protocol is a bit sensitive. I didn't have too much trouble with it, but I think it depends on your configuration.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 16:43 Techie714 ©

Quboid wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 15:30:
I've preordered this, very rare for me, and to tide me over I bought Alpha Protocol after someone here on a previous Deus Ex 3 post mentioned it. Alpha Protocol's combat is a bit weak but it's a really, surprisingly enjoyable game.

I cant get past the damn tutorial on the computer hacking part!!! GRR!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 15:57 nin

Dammit! Enough with the tease!

<checks calendar AGAIN>

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 15:30 Quboid

I've preordered this, very rare for me, and to tide me over I bought Alpha Protocol after someone here on a previous Deus Ex 3 post mentioned it. Alpha Protocol's combat is a bit weak but it's a really, surprisingly enjoyable game.  

- Quboid

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Aug 3, 2011, 15:24 Cutter

Ok, no more watching trailers to spoil anything. Just bring the game on already. Well, unless the trailers are more bitchslapping hookers.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo