Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access

Following the revelation of some U.S. retail preorder bonuses for Battlefield 3, the Origin Website reveals the bonuses for preordering the military shooter sequel from EA's online service, including access to the game's open (as in closed) beta test, along with the Physical Warfare Pack, the Back to Karkand expansion, and some exclusive items for Battlefield Play4Free. Here's word on the beta and preloads through Origin:

Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)

Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011.

Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch

Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading insures means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 23:42 Teddy

eunichron wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 23:28:
Rattlehead wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 20:14:
Been playing the alpha, great fun and runs on my laptop smoothly.
The alpha was supposedly only running DX9 and locked at low settings (or at least settings lower than maximum). My only complaint with the graphics was that they were kind of bland, hopefully that changes with DX11 and higher settings, but even at DX9 it looked pretty damn good.

Considering the alpha did not run on winXP, I doubt it was running dx9. 10 is more likely, but yes the graphics were significantly less than what the beta or retail product will have. That said, it still matched anything out there so far, graphically while locked on low. That's impressive in it's own right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 23:28 eunichron

The alpha was supposedly only running DX9 and locked at low settings (or at least settings lower than maximum). My only complaint with the graphics was that they were kind of bland, hopefully that changes with DX11 and higher settings, but even at DX9 it looked pretty damn good.

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 22:42 born2expire

I preorder mine from D2D back in March cuz it was only $48 after discounts/promo codes.  

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 22:32 deadearth

FYI there is a rumour that it will be released on steam after the release date: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2033242

That would fit in with the last couple of EA releases on Steam which were released around thursday (2 days after the release everywhere else).

You miss out on the pre-order karkland DLC which I'm guessing will be $10-$15 after release. EA did a very similar thing with Dragon Age 2.

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 22:05 entr0py

Thanks, it's good to hear. Maybe batman had an unusual experience with their shipping. comment

Sounds to me like they are the same beta, since both are taking place in September and they're simply calling both the beta. It is tempting. I didn't have any problems with Origin in Alpha. It even still had my old EA downloader booster packs for BF2 and BF2142. I'd forgotten about those.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2011, 22:11.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 22:05 Paranoid Jack

So does this "beta" come before or after the MOH "beta" access?

EA and Dice are sure being really unclear about this whole mess of preorder perks/access.

Exactly! Since they first started pimping this game with the MoH release with BF3 Beta Access... I'm thinking this game will have an entire year plus of pre-order/beta access media hype. And possibly a new record being set on the hype meter.

Still... they have me thinking about pre-ordering from thier Origin store now.

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:56 Bucky

SirKnight wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 21:34:
I've never had a problem with Amazon's release day delivery. Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime?

I've ordered several games via Amazon for release date delivery, and I've always had them on time. I've also never used Amazon prime.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:52 born2expire

So does this "beta" come before or after the MOH "beta" access?

EA and Dice are sure being really unclear about this whole mess of preorder perks/access.

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:39 Tumbler

I've never had a problem with Amazon's release day delivery. Maybe it's because I have Amazon Prime?

Ditto. They have gotten it to me on release every time.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:34 SirKnight

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:20 entr0py

I guess I'll have to wait and see if any other retailer can offer beta access. I had already ordered on Amazon, but between the crappy dog tag bonus, lack of beta, and blues news comments about their "release day shipping" being unreliable, it's seeming like I should switch.  

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:15 Nate

Shh, we were told not to discuss the Alpha. (Looking left and right)

Kinda irked that the download and the physical are both $59.99. But I'm lazy so bought the download anyway. EA needs more money.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 21:07 Tumbler

...what are the specs of your laptop...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 20:55 Sphinx

Wasn't there an EA game last year that when trying to install the full version after playing the beta, the installer wiped the hard drive?  
-Sphinx

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Origin Preorders Include Beta Access Aug 2, 2011, 20:14 Rattlehead

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo