Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria

According to MMO-Champion, Blizzard has filed a new trademark registration for Mists of Pandaria, leading to speculation that this may be a title for an upcoming World of Warcraft expansion. Thanks nin.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 12:05 Sempai

InBlack wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 07:59:
I know pussy is overrated and everything but damnit guys, dont you miss it???

I play WoW and get all the pussy I want, but way to generalize there bud.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 11:16 Frijoles

Jonny wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 05:50:
They've gone race>class>race with expansions so far. If this is the name of the next expansion then there's a good chance that Pandaren won't be a playable race, and that it will introduce a new class instead.

I'm thinking this as well. In fact, I think the reason they patched the login page to let us shuffle things around is because they wanted to make more room for more characters, something I'd expect if they give us another class so we can have one of each.

23. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 11:00 Creston

Oooh, maybe we'll see a return of the best character Blizzard ever created: The Pandaren Brewmaster!

"Naaame your poison!"

Creston

22. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 09:22 Optional nickname

My total WOW experience time: 6 hours (including installing Chest + Updates WOTLK + friend that gave me 50 gold to start. not for me.
D3? I will throw 5 years into it at least.

21. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 07:59 InBlack

I know pussy is overrated and everything but damnit guys, dont you miss it???  

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 05:50 Jonny

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 02:53:
If this is true, I smell a potential ret-con which puts the Draenie to shame.

For starters, the Pandaren are neutral as they are merely travelers. While they enjoy certain races and factions more then others, they do not feel the need to pick sides when it comes to the Horde and the Alliance in spite of their past relations with characters such as Rexxar or even the Night Elf race.

The do not wish to be a part of the Alliance due to several factors such as the politics, practice of Arcane magic, but are fond of the Dwarves. However, while they are more aligned with the Horde because of their spirituality, they feel that the Horde requires time to find their 'proper' identity as they settle in and hate the Blood Elves.

They've gone race>class>race with expansions so far. If this is the name of the next expansion then there's a good chance that Pandaren won't be a playable race, and that it will introduce a new class instead.

19. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 04:10 InBlack

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 02:53:

For starters, the Pandaren are neutral as they are merely travelers. While they enjoy certain races and factions more then others, they do not feel the need to pick sides when it comes to the Horde and the Alliance in spite of their past relations with characters such as Rexxar or even the Night Elf race.

The do not wish to be a part of the Alliance due to several factors such as the politics, practice of Arcane magic, but are fond of the Dwarves. However, while they are more aligned with the Horde because of their spirituality, they feel that the Horde requires time to find their 'proper' identity as they settle in and hate the Blood Elves.

Either way, I'm not really sold on this as a potential expansion when you consider so many other areas of the world which would be more interesting. I mean, Blizzard hasn't even acknowledged the location of Kul Tiras which played an actual role in the overall lore and even the Undermine has more mention then Pandaria.

While I had a feeling that Pandaria would be exposed sooner or later, I was not expecting a full expansion if this is where things are heading. Then again, not much is known about Pandaria so it would give them a sort of blank slate to create another incoherent interesting story.

Holy shit dude. Thats just....sick....wow....(no pun intended)

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 02:53 Wallshadows

Either way, I'm not really sold on this as a potential expansion when you consider so many other areas of the world which would be more interesting. I mean, Blizzard hasn't even acknowledged the location of Kul Tiras which played an actual role in the overall lore and even the Undermine has more mention then Pandaria.

While I had a feeling that Pandaria would be exposed sooner or later, I was not expecting a full expansion if this is where things are heading. Then again, not much is known about Pandaria so it would give them a sort of blank slate to create another incoherent interesting story.

17. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 02:17 MrGrosser

This is just another reason I never reupped my subscription last December. I haven't been happier and haven't missed Cata at all.

Don't get me wrong, I still want Diablo 3 though hehe

16. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 01:58 .Drifter

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to remember reading once that Blizzard said they'd never put Pandarians in the game since it would piss off too many Chinese players.
Something about China not caring for Pandas in games, or something, a cultural thing.
All those gold farming accounts lost would be a good bit of missing revenue, it it were true.

15. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 01:11 killer_roach

Kedyn wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 00:49:
Horde is going to get the Pandaren as a race. Alliance is going to get shafted yet again with another non-canon shitball race - I'm guessing some kind of two-legged crab person, or something equally gay.

Murlocs?

14. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 00:49 Kedyn

Horde is going to get the Pandaren as a race. Alliance is going to get shafted yet again with another non-canon shitball race - I'm guessing some kind of two-legged crab person, or something equally gay.  

13. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 00:18 Fion

If I remember my Warcraft Lore Pandaria is the home on the Pandaren and is largely a bamboo forest and hidden cities. Yes thats right, the next expansion is going to be all about the panda people.

Whats the nicest way to say 'I don't fucking think so.' ?

12. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 00:17 Frijoles

Sempai wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 21:20:
They're actually nervous at this point because they're losing subs in the droves and as soon as swtor and gw2 release it's gonna get ugly for blizzards darling.

Are these the games that are finally going to kill WoW? I've lost count over how many times WoW has fallen to other games.

Also, I hate Cata. But I don't think they're teetering on the brink just yet.

11. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 00:16 Nighthawk

Well, I've got no interest in this seeing how greedy blizzard and activision are.
Between selling mounts and non-combat pets in WoW, to a real-money auction house in D3, I'm wondering when they're going to start selling points or gear.

10. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 00:07 heroin

It's a good game. I will never deny that WoW was a fucking awesome game, I don't care if you were the first Meridian '59 player or that you were badass in Dark Age of Camelot. WoW was it's own thing. I'm glad I don't play it anymore - but they fucked up. Why release an expansion? There's work to be done.

They need to rework all the 80-85 content to have some sort of cohesiveness and the entire BC content needs to be reworked, well not all of it, but you know just go in there and get some of the aggravating quests out and make it more interesting.

They need to get over it - no game is going to have 10 million players forever. Now it's time to really capture that endgame crowd and try to hold onto those 500,000 or 1 mil that actually stick it out. Plus, they'll still be milking D3 for all it's worth until Titan. It must be good to be the CEO of Blizzard.

9. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 23:47 Cutter

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 20:14:
Is this the expansion where they put a bunch of oriental themed things into the game? Almost all MMOs eventually do it, Ultima Online did, Age of Conan did, etc. Pretty much inevitable as they try to attract and cater towards playerbase overseas.

New classes = Ninja and Samurai

Yep for sure. But not ninja, monk and samurai. Pandaren for Alli and ? for Horde?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 23:43 Kobalt

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 22:01:
nin wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 19:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4&t=1m6s

Except that Happy Days went on for 7 more season's after that episode.

Except that jumping the shark has nothing to do with how long a show is on.

7. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 22:01 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 19:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4&t=1m6s

Except that Happy Days went on for 7 more season's after that episode.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 2, 2011, 21:58 kibbled

This could be a Red Herring. They may of Trademarked it as a joke or at least no one else could use it.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo