Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon?

Gearbox Software is now developing Borderlands 2, reports Eurogamer, though the site is coy about the source of this, saying this is what it "understands." They say they've "heard" 2K Games will be announcing the role-playing shooter sequel soon, and that a "source close to the game" tells them the game is expected next year for Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

View
63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

43. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:30 StingingVelvet

First game was boring as shit singleplayer. I would guess the sequel will be the same. That's not me attacking it or anything either, I have heard it's pretty good online.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:26 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 14:14:

Get a sniper rifle with "A hunter lives among the stars" and some other x4 modifiers then start putting bullets into heads, then tell me that shit is underpowered.

Head shots kill anything anyway. The biggest problem with it is that you can get a headshot with a 20% accuracy shotgun just as easy, so why bother sniping with a scope.

I've got a Hunter, and I basically never use it unless it's against enemies that are vulnerable to shock. Splitting into 3 bullets is neat, but if only one hits it kind of negates the whole point.

It's absurd. It's only surpassed by the Siren SMG stuff which is basically just the insane SMG ROF + skill synergy.

Nah. A Volcano kicks a Hunter's ass any time of day, and so does a Skullsmasher.

Assault rifles were pretty disappointing I found. Even with Rolands skills and lots of actual skill leveling they were never terribly effective. They always seemed to have one huge trade off, whether it was clip size or something. I could never find a good combo of modifiers for them.

Yeah, most of them are pretty crappy. Roland works best with shotguns, imo. His +25% less spread is nearly ungodly with a high accuracy shotgun. (Ie, my 65% accuracy 12x220 one. ) That's headshot criticals over 50 yards without really having to aim.

Any weapon is good for PT1, you can even use rocket launchers and shit. PT2 is where balance stuff starts to show.

Eh. You can finish PT2 with most stuff you're using at the end of PT1, so it's not that big a deal. You just need to pay far more attention to elemental damage and vulnerabilities.

All of that sounds good and an actual ending boss with actual loot this time. That shit was so tacked and insulting, it felt like a troll.

Yeah it was ridiculous. Especially in PT2 he's so absurd. He literally has like 500 million hitpoints. He can barely damage me, yet I have to sit there for 40 minutes firing into his fucking eyeball, only to have him drop 30 items, of which 25 are fucking ammo (as if to say "HAHAHAHAA YOU NEEDED THAT EARLIER, HUH??") 4 of them are white, and one's green. :-pissed-:

Just having the PC version to be in a proper retail state would be a big deal. They can't even blame that shit on console vs PC sales, Borderlands was topping sales lists on the PC for months. They sold more than enough copies for the PC version to get some love this time.

It's Gearbox. They don't give two flying shits about the PC. Just remember not to trust a single bleat out of Pitchford's beak, and it's manageable.

Edit :
I don't know, I found PT1 to have no real challenge. PT2 basically does it artificially through increased damage resistance and high health pools but at least you don't obliterate everything in a balanced group with decent weapons. It does get super boring though.

But in PT1 you level at a decent pace, and you find better weapons every hour or so. So that makes the upgrades fun.

In PT2 you level maybe 8 or 10 times in the whole thing, and if you upgrade a weapon TWICE, you'll be extremely lucky.
Just because the monsters have more hitpoints doesn't make them more fun to fight. They still do all the same shit, they just got their hp and damage bumped by a factor of 5. It doesn't make fighting them any more interesting.

Creston

41. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:22 Verno

Oh and secure multiplayer would be nice. People were hacking the console version of the game, the PC version was broken so wide open you were restricted to playing only with friends if you wanted a decent experience.

And yeah, PT2 isn't worth it. The drops become so boring that you're just racing through to the end, just so you can get to Knoxx.

I don't know, I found PT1 to have no real challenge. PT2 basically does it artificially through increased damage resistance and high health pools but at least you don't obliterate everything in a balanced group with decent weapons. It does get super boring though.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

40. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:17 Creston

Krovven wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:42:
Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:35:
Yes, the loot drops got brutally nerfed for lower levels, though once you reach 50 and 61 they actually go up noticeably.

Yea well I doubt I'll get to that level. We are both lvl 40 about to hit 41. We have Knoxx and Claptrap DLC to go through, then we are done, and neither of us have any interest in doing Playthrough 2.

You'll make about 45-46 or so, I think.

And yeah, PT2 isn't worth it. The drops become so boring that you're just racing through to the end, just so you can get to Knoxx.

Creston

39. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:14 Verno

Thats pretty much it. Though I always found elemental damage trumped regular damage, paticularly specific elemental damage against specific targets... you hit the right enemy with the right element and it was devastating. And then there was ROF which was important, I had certain guns I kept for a very long time because they had insane fire rates, sure I found a gun that did twice as much damage but my gun would put four times more lead into the target.

Get a sniper rifle with "A hunter lives among the stars" and some other x4 modifiers then start putting bullets into heads, then tell me that shit is underpowered. It's absurd. It's only surpassed by the Siren SMG stuff which is basically just the insane SMG ROF + skill synergy.

Assault rifles were pretty disappointing I found. Even with Rolands skills and lots of actual skill leveling they were never terribly effective. They always seemed to have one huge trade off, whether it was clip size or something. I could never find a good combo of modifiers for them.

Any weapon is good for PT1, you can even use rocket launchers and shit. PT2 is where balance stuff starts to show.

Big list of stuff for BL2

All of that sounds good and an actual ending boss with actual loot this time. That shit was so tacked and insulting, it felt like a troll. Just having the PC version to be in a proper retail state would be a big deal. They can't even blame that shit on console vs PC sales, Borderlands was topping sales lists on the PC for months. They sold more than enough copies for the PC version to get some love this time.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

38. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:11 Krovven

Things I'd like to see in Borderlands 2...

- Clearer stats, both for class and weapons (what weapons are better?).
- More meaningful class variety.
- Better loot drops. If I kill a boss and see all white and green drops, the game just became less fun....and it's been happening alot.
- Equippable armor loot drops.
- Better variety in class mods. Playing a Siren, the class mods have mostly been useless as 80% of them seem to enhance the same skills, only 1 of which I've taken in my build. There has basically been no suitable class mods for the Assassin tree.
- More variety in missions.
- Inventory system needs to be vastly improved.
- UI in general needs to be greatly improved on the PC. There are still screens that do not have basic functionality that other screens have (PgUp, PgDn, Esc, Mouse Wheel scroll, etc).
- Loot roll system with filters (see WoW loot) to set the rarity to prompt on group loot rolls. Roll/Pass/Need/Greed....etc. Even with friends its painfully annoying to have to bother people..."hey can I see that weapon?". Maybe they want to keep for themselves, but what about the rest of the group? FFA loot is dumb.

I'm sure there is more, but Im at work and it's taken me half an hour as it is just type this much between stuff at work.

37. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 14:09 Yosemite Sam

Beamer wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:41:
Krovven wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:28:
Yea the guns really needed a DPS value, or a dmg value on your stats or something.

Between dmg, fire rate, elemental dmg, multiplier, and all the other stats on the weapons, it's often difficult to tell what weapons are better. Usually was simple trial and error when you got a gun that might be an upgrade.

Ah, that's right - that was it exactly.
You'd have a gun that did 40 damage with very high elemental and find a gun that did 75 damage with no elemental and wonder which was better. Again, I may misremember and over exaggerate.

Thats pretty much it. Though I always found elemental damage trumped regular damage, paticularly specific elemental damage against specific targets... you hit the right enemy with the right element and it was devastating. And then there was ROF which was important, I had certain guns I kept for a very long time because they had insane fire rates, sure I found a gun that did twice as much damage but my gun would put four times more lead into the target.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

36. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:58 Sphinx

I hope there is the ability to transfer my BL1 character into this.  
-Sphinx

35. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:55 Jim

now to see if any of the multitude of requested minor changes (for borderlands) make it into borderlands 2.

last time around they assured us they would be listening to the community. That resulted in DLC and level cap changes but none of the most requested features.

also interesting to see is if they will keep the game console sucky for the PC.

34. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:42 Krovven

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:35:
Yes, the loot drops got brutally nerfed for lower levels, though once you reach 50 and 61 they actually go up noticeably.

Yea well I doubt I'll get to that level. We are both lvl 40 about to hit 41. We have Knoxx and Claptrap DLC to go through, then we are done, and neither of us have any interest in doing Playthrough 2.

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:41 Beamer

Krovven wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:28:
Yea the guns really needed a DPS value, or a dmg value on your stats or something.

Between dmg, fire rate, elemental dmg, multiplier, and all the other stats on the weapons, it's often difficult to tell what weapons are better. Usually was simple trial and error when you got a gun that might be an upgrade.

Ah, that's right - that was it exactly.
You'd have a gun that did 40 damage with very high elemental and find a gun that did 75 damage with no elemental and wonder which was better. Again, I may misremember and over exaggerate.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:37 avianflu

a fun game that deserves a sequel. Spiffier fire-fight graphics might be nice though.  

31. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:35 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 13:15:
Shotguns are definitely useful at lower levels. My buddy was big into sniping and I had had a shotgun that did insane damage - this combo carried us a long time.

If I remember, though, it was difficult to tell actual damage, wasn't it? It's been a very long time since I've played, but wasn't there some confusion about elemental damage that made it a little rough at times to tell if one gun was better than another?

I may be misremembering.

The whole game generally suffers from confusing blurbs and explanations. My elemental gun with 80 damage has a High Effect chance of doing X3 fire damage. So is that better than a different elemental gun with 90 damage that has a Very High chance of doing x2 acid damage. And how does the Siren's +x% chance modify that exactly?

It'd help if they make that system more clear in BL2.

Krovven,

Yes, the loot drops got brutally nerfed for lower levels, though once you reach 50 and 61 they actually go up noticeably. That shotgun I was talking about starts dropping once you reach level 61, I think.

Creston

30. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:28 Krovven

29. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:15 Beamer

Shotguns are definitely useful at lower levels. My buddy was big into sniping and I had had a shotgun that did insane damage - this combo carried us a long time.

If I remember, though, it was difficult to tell actual damage, wasn't it? It's been a very long time since I've played, but wasn't there some confusion about elemental damage that made it a little rough at times to tell if one gun was better than another?

I may be misremembering.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

28. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:07 venomhed

Isn't Borderlands 2 called RAGE?

Haaa. I liked BL1, was fun, liked the art style, game was repetitive, but very fun coop. Played a couple add ons, but once I got to the Island/Zombie one we all quit.

Boring after a week.

27. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 13:03 Cutter

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 10:51:
I hated it. I can't believe enough people actually liked it to warrant a sequel.

I hate you. I can't believe enough people actually like your comments to warrant a response.

At least I do not sniff poo.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

26. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 Agent.X7

Loved Borderlands. Still playing through the DLC. Claptrap is my email, VM, and text alert on my phone, and if his action figure ever comes out I will buy it. (Working on ripping audio from his YouTube videos so that I can make my ring his Christian Bale-esque string of profanity.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 12:39 PHJF

I noticed they had made a lot of what were Red Loot crates into White boxes, significantly decreases chances to get anything good. Also used to find Uniques in the vending machines all the time...and now, never.

They did that to New Haven to end chest farming. Anyways, the best chests are now in Knoxx.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: Borderlands 2 Announcement Soon? Aug 2, 2011, 12:25 Krovven

Creston wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 11:21:
Shotguns are probably the most powerful weapon in game, you just have to be able/willing to let the enemy get close enough.

Maybe at the lower levels, but once you get higher level, shotguns become useless. I'd rather take my high dmg, fast fire rate, low accuracy SMG to unload in the enemies face than the shotguns I have tried (unique and rare current level weapons).

Edit: I'll add that seems you guys found some decent shotguns. I've never seen one even remotely close to 12x220.

Back when I first played, there was lots of loot. This most recent playthrough, it's like they heavily nerfed the droprate. I noticed they had made a lot of what were Red Loot crates into White boxes, significantly decreases chances to get anything good. Also used to find Uniques in the vending machines all the time...and now, never.

I'm currently going through the DLC with a friend after recently completing a coop play through. Mad Moxxi's DLC sucks, although still better than the arena's in the base game. Drops in the DLC sucks donkey balls. Have yet to see a unique, and rares are almost as bad.

As was said, the game lacks depth. The only thing that makes it fun is playing with a friend and the combat. Everything else is just lackluster and holds so much potential but never really shines.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2011, 12:31.

63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo