Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE "Basically Done"

RAGE is "basically done" reports Computer and Video Games by way of Xbox World 360 magazine. "The game is basically done," says id Software creative director Tim Willits. "It's going to be available this fall so we are in the polish and refinement stage which is a great place to be. Now we have all the content done and played through the game and got a real sense for it." He explains this polishing involves things like tweaking the console visuals, and Tim expresses his enthusiasm for the upcoming first-person shooter: "It's different from Doom, Quake and Wolfenstein. It has so much to offer: the vehicle combat, the weapons, the ammo types, the items, the story. It really is the best game."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: RAGE Aug 5, 2011, 10:14 Ant

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 14:03:
I'll wait for reviews from trusted sources before deciding if I'll purchase, at this point it's still all hype.
And a playable demo.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: RAGE "Basically Done" Aug 3, 2011, 14:03 Mr. Tact

I'll wait for reviews from trusted sources before deciding if I'll purchase, at this point it's still all hype.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

28. Re: RAGE Aug 3, 2011, 12:10 Creston

DrEvil wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 18:43:
mag wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 18:02:
DrEvil wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 16:24:
At the very least, Rage is cutting edge technology. Perhaps you may not be interested in the game itself, but what modders and others do with it should be pretty astounding.

Have they said that there will be mod tools?

To quote shacknews on this:

The news was confirmed by id creative director Tim Willits at a recent press event, who said that both features will be available out of the box. "Pull down the console, type 'id studio', then press enter," he said. "Then, bam, there's all the tools we use."
-- http://www.shacknews.com/article/68361/rage-will-ship-with-level

that is frakking AWESOME.

Creston

27. Re: RAGE Aug 3, 2011, 10:41 shponglefan

InBlack wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 08:59:
Normally I try not to hop on the piracy debate, but this singular statement that equates THIEVING to SOFTWARE PIRACY is simply ignorant on so many levels.

Is photocopying a book stealing? Im not defending piracy here, I just think that morally it cant be placed on the same level as thieving.

While there are functional/legal differences between piracy and theft, morally-wise I don't see much of a difference. If a person is pirating something because they don't want to fork over cash, then that's little difference than swiping a physical product for the same reason.

On the flipside, I suppose you could argue that many stores have return policies for physical products whereas you can't do that with software.

Either way, most people commit piracy to avoid paying money which isn't different than theft.

26. Re: RAGE Aug 3, 2011, 09:50 Verno

People aren't stealing digital bread to feed their starving family, it's a videogame, not the right to breath or something. No one cares if other people pirate but please keep it to yourself instead of bragging on forums. We have people from the industry here and if nothing else it's really fucking inconsiderate.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

25. Re: RAGE Aug 3, 2011, 08:59 InBlack

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 16:01:
venomhed wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 15:09:
We have gone over the piracy no piracy debate forever. Try before you buy, no demo, then I find other avenues. To play online you will have to buy it so yada yada. No guilt here.

Still doesn't make you any less of a piece of crap thief.

Normally I try not to hop on the piracy debate, but this singular statement that equates THIEVING to SOFTWARE PIRACY is simply ignorant on so many levels.

Is photocopying a book stealing? Im not defending piracy here, I just think that morally it cant be placed on the same level as thieving.

I have a nifty blue line!

24. Re: RAGE Aug 3, 2011, 01:15 shponglefan

Read the Kotaku preview and then reconsider:

http://kotaku.com/5826646/rage-is-the-id-software-comeback-ive-been-waiting-for

At the very least, Rage is cutting edge technology. Perhaps you may not be interested in the game itself, but what modders and others do with it should be pretty astounding.

Nope, still can't muster much enthusiam. I'll grant that it's at least the most ambitious id game in terms of the "game" part. But that really isn't saying much.

23. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 21:58 mag

DrEvil wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 18:43:

The news was confirmed by id creative director Tim Willits at a recent press event, who said that both features will be available out of the box. "Pull down the console, type 'id studio', then press enter," he said. "Then, bam, there's all the tools we use."

Hey, cool. Pretty surprising, these days.

22. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 19:22 djinn

RAGE "Basically Done"

Ah! Like the world economy. Nevertheless, can't wait to play it.

21. Re: RAGE "Basically Done" Aug 2, 2011, 19:04 [VG]Reagle

Is this the Borderlands 2 Forum????  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

20. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 18:43 DrEvil

19. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 18:17 DaZ

The level editor is built into the game executable as it was in doom 3. As for a full sdk for programmers I would imagine so, if you can make maps it makes no sense not to be able to code for it also.

Unless anyone knows different?

18. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 18:02 mag

shponglefan wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 14:48:
Meh. RAGE looks extremely generic. Will pick this up when it hits the bargain-bin.

17. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 17:26 LittleMe

but what modders and others do with it should be pretty astounding.

Yeah this brings much hope.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

16. One word: Aug 2, 2011, 17:00 ^Drag0n^

AWESOME.

I've always loved the gameplay of id's games, and I don't expect this one to dissapoint.

Damn, Steve---I miss qnet sometimes.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

15. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 16:29 shihonage

For months now I've had the feeling that Rage is going to be a great game. Nobody's going to convince me otherwise. I sense that Carmack has found a balance in himself and with his designers that is bound to result in something remarkable.  

14. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 16:24 DrEvil

shponglefan wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 14:48:
Meh. RAGE looks extremely generic. Will pick this up when it hits the bargain-bin.

13. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 16:12 Kedyn

I'm going to wait on Rage. I'm so much more impressed with other games coming out soon, like Deus Ex : Human Revolution. Somehow, Rage looks dull compared to that.  

12. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 16:01 Parallax Abstraction

venomhed wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 15:09:
We have gone over the piracy no piracy debate forever. Try before you buy, no demo, then I find other avenues. To play online you will have to buy it so yada yada. No guilt here.

Still doesn't make you any less of a piece of crap thief.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

11. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 15:41 Fion

I personally think it's shaping up to be the best Id game in years. I personally really enjoyed Doom 3 though I know it has become the 'in thing to bash it six ways to Sunday. But even I can see it wasn't a 'great' game, just good. But Rage looks like a significant improvement to me.  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo