Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses

Various U.S. retailer have revealed their preorder bonuses for Battlefield 3, DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. In addition to the Back To Karkand DLC that accompanies all preorders: Preordering from GameStop will get players the Physical Warfare pack, which includes the DAO-12 Shotgun, a Flash Suppressor, Type 88 LMG, and Flachette [sic] Ammo. Preordering from Amazon entitles players to an exclusive Dog Tag Pack for multiplayer play. Finally, preordering from Best Buy comes with an exclusive SPECACT Kit with "8 multiplayer weapons and uniform skins free." Thanks James via BF3Blog.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

22. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 04:15 Teddy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:47:
InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:43:
So....this game sounds more and more like an MMO....Will we have to grind to unlock the AK-47?

Probably not the AK, but yes I'm sure there will be lots of grinding to be had to unlock weapons.

I suppose if you define playing the game normally as "grinding" then yes, there will be plenty of it. It's far from an MMO's sitting in the same spot killing the same mobs a thousand times over. Just play the game in whatever manner you enjoy most and things useful to you will unlock.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 04:12 Teddy

OldScho0l wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 02:10:
@Teddy
It has always been an option in BC2. It's considered a casual feature where as Hardcore servers have it disabled. 2D spotting is enabled via the map, but Hardcore doesn't have the mini map and you have to actually open your map to see the 2D spots. I only play on Hardcore mode in BC2 because I hate the 3D spotting and insane damage a player can take in casual mode. The Alpha was casual mode.

I had a total blast playing BF3! Now I'm wishing that prone could be added into BC2.

Only ever tried normal mode in BC2 once. As soon as I saw how many rounds it took from an LMG to kill someone, I logged off and went to hardcore, so I don't think I ever saw the 3d spotting in that game.

That said, I didn't find the damage model far off from Hardcore BC2 to the alpha for BF3. People died plenty fast in it, giving or recieving. The spotting was just silly when you could spam Q and have little arrows pointing out people you'd never have seen.

I get the intent of it, and sure it helps with teamwork, but it's far from balanced. It really needs to have a cooldown on the use of it, and have the range it will spot people limited so that they have to be closer to the crosshair for it to work. This "everything in the scope" stuff should be restricted to recon who have the spotting mod.

20. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 03:47 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:43:
So....this game sounds more and more like an MMO....Will we have to grind to unlock the AK-47?

Probably not the AK, but yes I'm sure there will be lots of grinding to be had to unlock weapons.

19. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 03:43 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 03:09 DangerDog

DICE have already announced that due to public rage over the "Physical Warfare pack" in the UK that they will be releasing it for free to all players at a later date.

But I still dislike the idea of exclusive weapons, even ones that are just time exclusive.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 02:10 OldScho0l

@Teddy
It has always been an option in BC2. It's considered a casual feature where as Hardcore servers have it disabled. 2D spotting is enabled via the map, but Hardcore doesn't have the mini map and you have to actually open your map to see the 2D spots. I only play on Hardcore mode in BC2 because I hate the 3D spotting and insane damage a player can take in casual mode. The Alpha was casual mode.

I had a total blast playing BF3! Now I'm wishing that prone could be added into BC2.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 01:11 Suddenly_Dead

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 00:16:
Nate wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 23:12:
After many hours this weekend, I'd definitely say BF3 is worth $50.

The $60 price tag is a little on the painful side. I'll probably pre-order it on Origin.

I'll do $60 easily given how much fun I had with the alpha. The only real gripe I had was the 3d spotting, which with the many thousand post protest in the alpha forums, I have no doubt they'll make it a server option. As far as I know it always was in BC2 anyways, so it may well have always been their intention.

Just wish they'd actually SAY something on the matter.

It could be disabled in BC2, but I think it just shut off spotting altogether. I'd much rather have 2D spotting back than to just turn it off.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 00:16 Teddy

Nate wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 23:12:

The $60 price tag is a little on the painful side. I'll probably pre-order it on Origin.

I'll do $60 easily given how much fun I had with the alpha. The only real gripe I had was the 3d spotting, which with the many thousand post protest in the alpha forums, I have no doubt they'll make it a server option. As far as I know it always was in BC2 anyways, so it may well have always been their intention.

Just wish they'd actually SAY something on the matter.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 23:12 Nate

13. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 23:11 Tumbler

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 22:42:

I'd much rather have a pre-order price drop. 25% would be fine.

Want them to wipe your ass too?

25% off $60 is $15. That would be $45...which is pretty much the standard pre order price for pc games on steam... Not exactly asking a lot...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:51 Techie714

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 21:15:
What about Steam pre-orders!?

Umm BF3 is not available on Steam.....That is yet to be decided.

I wonder if they will have a "collectors edition"? Guess not

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

11. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:50 Agent.X7

Surf wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 22:01:
If its digital content who cares, I want real items, things like the old Ultima's did. Give me a real dog tag or an AR-15!

ahah, ya right.

hehe. The AR-15 version is the super special collectors edition for only $1060 US.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:42 Rattlehead

Want them to wipe your ass too?

9. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:25 Paranoid Jack

Jesus, how many different pre-order bonus media releases are they going to do? This has been going on for six months already and we have four and a couple weeks to go...  

8. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:17 entr0py

Wow, who thought that dog tags would be as tempting as weapons and ammo? It's really more of a way to reward other players for stabbing you in the throat. You never see your own dog tag.

Oh well, since they've announced that everything in the Physical Warfare pack will be unlocked by the end of this year, I'm placated. And I think all but one of the items are just early unlocks and not exclusive for any period of time.

7. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:01 Surf

If its digital content who cares, I want real items, things like the old Ultima's did. Give me a real dog tag or an AR-15!

ahah, ya right.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 21:39 MajorD

BFD! Just release the game, and LET'S ROCK!!!

5. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 21:34 SirKnight

Not going to pay $60 for this. I'm not convinced it's worth it. Even at $50 I'd be a little iffy TBH.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 21:22 eRe4s3r

Because console nubs can't aim

sorry, had to go there

3. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 21:16 Teddy

Limiting the effectiveness of the pre-order based weapon?

If it makes you feel better, the pre-order weapons for MoH included an MP7 and an M60.

That said, since they've already confirmed that these items will be released to the public eventually, I'm personally less offended by the retailer specific content this time around.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo