Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

The new Black Ops DLC tops this week's list of bestselling games on Steam:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation Content Pack
  2. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
  3. Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
  4. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  5. Sid Meier's Civilization V
  6. From Dust
  7. Terraria
  8. Dead Island
  9. Stronghold 3
  10. Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 20:33 Bumpy

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 19:03:
Yeah, I'm gonna wait for some patching to be done before I jump in on this one. It still seems like a decent game for the price though.

The learning curve is steep but hour or 3 in and it all starts to click. Then the addiction starts, it's that good IMO. If you are a Stalker/Deus Ex fan, this game will ruin your life, heh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 20:28 Icewind

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 18:06:
Thanks to all the PC zombies who are continuing to encourage Activision in pushing out more CoD content. Yay for discerning PC gamer tastes... Rolleyes

Yes, because the thin-blooded cro-magnon idiots who run crappy store-bought PCs (or worse, Dells) are clearly the gatekeepers of cool in the PC gaming hobby.

GTFO.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 19:03 Slashman

reisub wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 18:56:
Bought E.Y.E. Played it with a friend. At first it's a bit confusing, especially as I got stuck talking to someone because we both tried to. Seems like it could be really good though, and I've enjoyed the two hours I've played of it so far. Needs a few patches though.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for some patching to be done before I jump in on this one. It still seems like a decent game for the price though.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 18:56 reisub

Bought E.Y.E. Played it with a friend. At first it's a bit confusing, especially as I got stuck talking to someone because we both tried to. Seems like it could be really good though, and I've enjoyed the two hours I've played of it so far. Needs a few patches though.  

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 18:53 Jerykk

The hardcore PC gamers say they'll never buy map packs. Casual ones don't really care.  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 18:36 Elf Shot The Food

It's kind of funny how PC gamers keep saying they'll never buy map packs, but every time there's a new CoD map pack it's on top of the Steam sales charts for weeks on end.  

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 18:24 yuastnav

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 18:06:
Thanks to all the PC zombies who are continuing to encourage Activision in pushing out more CoD content. Yay for discerning PC gamer tastes... Rolleyes

Well, that's the one thing Activision are good at: Keeping the drones happy.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 18:06 Slashman

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 17:22 yuastnav

PHJF wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 17:00:
Hmmmm this EYE game looks like it could be fun. What the hell.

/engage purchase

This would've been my reaction, too, if it was cheaper.
I'm very torn whether I should buy it or not but I think I'll wait for a sale or something like that. What worries me most is that Jim from RPS wrote that he enjoyed this game less than Precursors (these games are surely different but what seems to be the common denominator is that both are ambitious games and therefore kinda unfinished). I loved Boiling Point but it was a bit more difficult to get into Precursors so I'm really on the fence about this one.
I hope TotalBiscuit makes a wtf about that soon.

[edit]
It's really amazing that Terraria is still going strong!

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 17:00 PHJF

Hmmmm this EYE game looks like it could be fun. What the hell.

/engage purchase

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 16:55 Prez

Cut out the obligatory CoD DLC/Fleece job of the week from number one and that is quite a promising list in my view!

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 14:09:
At first I was thinking "Man, Deus Ex isn't in the top 10? We need to get the word out!" and then I remembered everyone must be buying it from Greenman.

I did - Can't wait!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 16:19 Frijoles

EYE was confusing as hell to me. Why are there two solo areas in the menu? I only spent about 30 minutes in it while I waited for Vampire to finish downloading. In that 30 minutes, I died many times. It seems like the NPCs keep spawning on whatever map I was on no matter how many I kill. And there didn't appear to be any hiding code since as soon as I stuck my head out from around the corner, they all came running.

I plan on going back to it after I've had enough of my crazy as shit vampire.

10. Re: Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 16:01 mlw

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 15:25:
I hope this isn't setting a bad precedent. Release a bug ridden mess, over the next ten years the fans patch it, profit!

I hope they are sharing some of it!

Well, I played the game through twice at release and had no problems at all with it.

Happy to see the game getting recognition for it's excellence. Too bad no game studio one can step up and create a similar vampire game.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 15:57 Bumpy

reisub wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 14:02:
Bumpy wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 13:26:
Nice to see EYE way up there. It truly is a great, hardcore PC game.
The game passed me by until a friend suggested I get it. I'll have to read up on it.

I've played it for 11 hours and am only on map 3. Sure right now there are many glitches or issues(which the dev is working on patches), but if you take the time to actually learn the game, EYE is very ingeniously designed.

Atmosphere is its strong suit. Like Stalker, this game sucks you in. Allows you many ways to approach tasks. You feel very powerful yet if not careful you will die quickly, in many odd ways too.

Anyway, I highly recommend it to hardened PC gamers. Mainstreamers, hand holders or noobs need not apply.

8. Re: Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 15:33 nin

Umbragen wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 15:28:
Steam - the ONLY company to make a profit off VtM:Bloodlines.

Both funny and sadly true, I bet.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 15:29 Acleacius

BLOODLINES! Faint  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 15:28 Umbragen

Steam - the ONLY company to make a profit off VtM:Bloodlines.  

5. Bloodlines... Jul 31, 2011, 15:25 JohnBirshire

I hope this isn't setting a bad precedent. Release a bug ridden mess, over the next ten years the fans patch it, profit!

I hope they are sharing some of it!

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 14:09 nin

At first I was thinking "Man, Deus Ex isn't in the top 10? We need to get the word out!" and then I remembered everyone must be buying it from Greenman.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 14:02 reisub

Bumpy wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 13:26:
Nice to see EYE way up there. It truly is a great, hardcore PC game.
The game passed me by until a friend suggested I get it. I'll have to read up on it.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo