Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

iRacing Interview

There's an interview on GameSpy talking with the developers of iRacing about this racing MMOG, and the changes in its recent version 2.0 update. They discuss the various elements that prompt them to claim this is the most realistic racing simulation on the market, but the conversation concludes with a contrasting explanation that this does not make it inaccessible: "I think people have the misconception that iRacing is a hardcore racing sim because, I think, most people envision a simulation as being hard. But I think when you come into iRacing, the way that we set up the series and the service is that you have to start out with a lower horsepower, entry level type vehicle. You work your way up to the more powerful cars, but you start with the Miata and it's something that you can get your head around. It drives like my car on the street drives, and it takes away that hurdle of not being able to control the car while to learning how to sim race."

View
6. Re: iRacing Interview Jul 31, 2011, 10:41 Lit_Reflex001

Yes, basically. They really got to it first and anyone else using it is causing plausible market confusion.  
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 30, 17:55 Re: iRacing Interview jdreyer
  2. Jul 30, 22:12  Re: iRacing Interview Sho
  3. Jul 30, 23:23   Re: iRacing Interview wtf_man
  4. Jul 31, 00:52    Re: iRacing Interview Sho
  5. Jul 31, 09:55 Re: iRacing Interview Ledge
>> 6. Jul 31, 10:41 Re: iRacing Interview Lit_Reflex001
  7. Jul 31, 11:57 Re: iRacing Interview Jay

footer

Blue's News logo