Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Kotaku - Sexual Video Games Are Good For Us.
I've since realized something: What I wanted, in those times, when I was digging around for those flavors of the unfamiliar that I called "aberrant," was proof that video games could speak to human identity, all the private spectral shades thereof. I hoped that they could help us glimpse compelling inner worlds of others through psychology, sociology, inter-relationships, sexuality. That's why I wrote that column back then.

And games about romance and sexual identity—the less-familiar the better—are still so appealing to me. Maybe even moreso. If sex and death are the two constants of human life, then given how many games we have exploring murder and death, I want to see them evaluating all kinds of avenues for sexual expression, too.

View
2. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2011, 06:26 osage no onna

And the non-trivial amount of people who choose celibacy for one reason or another. Not really a constant in life unless you make it one, or unless you are some id-driven maniac.  
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 30, 18:45 Re: Op Ed yuastnav
>> 2. Jul 31, 06:26  Re: Op Ed osage no onna

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo