Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The severe storms around here last night caused a blackout which lasted a couple of hours. After our last power outage it took about an hour of restarting my PC to get it to boot properly, and this time around it was about twice as bad. The machine actually came back the first time, as the UPS shut it down properly, but the keyboard and mouse were not powered up, and it took a couple of hours of rebooting after that. This seems to be hardware related, and I think I should take this as an omen that it's time to buy or build a new machine before this one goes completely tango uniform.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Happy Clicks.
Links: LeisureDive.com. Thanks Neatorama.
Wrongulator. Thanks Boing Boing.
Holy Smokes Batman! The Bat-Signal Shines Over Pittsburgh.
Media: Music Vest Commercial 1985. Thanks Devicer.
Godzilla: History, Biology and Behavior.
Will It Blend? Magnets.
The Funnies: Dilbert and Dilbert.

View
8. Ahh the Wrongulator Jul 30, 2011, 22:15 kanniballl

Ahh, the Wrongulator.

I recall back when I used to work minimum wage at a drug store.

We constantly had old bitties, and even professionally-dressed women coming back to return their "broken" calculator.

Their problem was they bought an Algebra calculator that handled order of operations for more advanced math. IE 2+3x4 == 24 instead of 20. They were expecting to get a regular cheap calculator even though this was more expensive than the cheap ones in the aisle.

They kept calling me a liar and that we were selling defective merchandise. They want to talk to the BBB, I obviously didn't understand Mathematics, etc. I tried to explain it to them but I was obviously "a stupid kid that wasn't going anywhere." Actually the women in their 40's were the b*tchier of the types complaining.

Yeh, a stupid kid that got a full ride to the Honors College at a University, was a CS major and a Statistics minor, and was just working to pay for the dorm / textbooks / dating / etc. I obviously didn't understand math

Ahh, the good old days, when I had stand in place for 6+ hours and listen to that BS all day. It's amazing I didn't go postal.

-

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2011, 22:25.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 30, 17:50 Re: Out of the Blue Dirwulf
  2. Jul 30, 19:25 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  3. Jul 30, 19:44 Re: Out of the Blue jdreyer
  4. Jul 30, 19:49  Re: Out of the Blue PHJF
  5. Jul 30, 20:21 Re: Out of the Blue Neutronbeam
  6. Jul 30, 20:41 Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
  7. Jul 30, 21:43 Re: Out of the Blue Hoop
>> 8. Jul 30, 22:15 Ahh the Wrongulator kanniballl
  9. Jul 31, 05:09  Re: Ahh the Wrongulator zincthallinide