Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Brink DLC Next Week

The Bethesda Blog has details on updates for the console editions of Brink that should now be available for Splash Damage's shooter. They also note that the Agents of Change DLC for the game will be released on Wednesday, August 3, and explain how to get it for free:

We’re excited to announce the final release date for Brink: Agents of Change. The content will be available this coming Wednesday, August 3rd, on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, and Steam. As long as you download Agents of Change during the first two weeks it becomes available, you’ll always be able to play it for FREE. If you don’t download in the first two weeks, it’ll cost $9.99 (or 800 Microsoft Points)… so be sure to get it early.

For a refresher on all the new maps, abilities, character outfits, and weapon attachments in Agents of Change, check out our previous post located here.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 16:27 Tanto Edge

Good on them for trying to cause excitement with the FoL strategy. Giving it away would simply ensure nobody cared.
If it's free for a limited while, it may pull some new people in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 11:26 yuastnav

finga wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 07:02:
[...] installing a piece of software on your PC. [...]

Say what? Install a piece of software???
So that's what you do with it!!1!
I thought I had to boil it, smash it or stick it in a stew.
Thanks for sharing!!!1!

16. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 09:55 KezClone

I got PS3 Brink for 19.99 from Amazon the other day. I've been playing it a bit, and it seems just fine--for a 19.99 game.

I'm enjoying it.

15. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 07:02 finga

Nate wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 19:52:
I had many hours of fun in Brink for the PC. Agree that the servers are getting quite thin.

The only reason I kept playing Brink was that I'm tired of TF2. It has some new elements which made it fresh. Now, its not so fresh. Perhaps 2 new maps will keep me interested for a few more plays. But probably not.
Eh, come join us in Bad Company 2. Origin is having a $5 sale if you can somehow endure installing a piece of software on your PC. (Which apparently some people are having trouble wrapping their brains around!)

14. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 06:33 Jerykk

I didn't think the parkour was that bad. Wasn't as good as Mirror's Edge but still more interesting than the traversal in most other shooters, especially when you use the light body type.  

13. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 00:49 nin

Shadowcat wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 00:23:
Is this the FPS with the parkour-style movement? That sounded kinda neat. What happened?

Off the top of my head:

Bad performance out of the gate. Think this has mostly been fixed.

Bad AI (bots), and the illusion of a SP campaign. As far as I know, the AI was never really spruced up, and the SP was basically just multi with bots. Only the bots seem to only like to play deathmatch, and ignore objectives (which are key in Brink).

Many maps have choke points. This isn't helped by the fact that if you capture a station, you can't respawn there. No, you respawn back where you started at the beginning of the match. Have fun running back. Die again? Run back.

The art style was neat. The customization (both character and weapon) was really cool, but seeing as it's first person, all that character customization is kind of lost, since you don't see yourself the majority of the time (except when hacking, etc).

It's a shame it didn't get more thorough testing and another 6 months of polish (but it had already been delayed several times).

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2011, 00:56.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 00:43 Dades

Shadowcat wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 00:23:
Is this the FPS with the parkour-style movement? That sounded kinda neat. What happened?

It wasn't any good and the parkour sucked. The only things they managed to do right were the sliding and the customization. Everything else was a shitshow at launch and many things still are.

11. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 30, 2011, 00:23 Shadowcat

10. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 22:48 MrGrosser

They haven't shut the servers down for this yet?? Wow, that is whats more surprising than this game having DLC coming out.  

9. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 21:15 Wowbagger_TIP

If we could get tools to develop community maps, and it started selling for half price or less, maybe the game might have a chance.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 19:52 Nate

I had many hours of fun in Brink for the PC. Agree that the servers are getting quite thin.

The only reason I kept playing Brink was that I'm tired of TF2. It has some new elements which made it fresh. Now, its not so fresh. Perhaps 2 new maps will keep me interested for a few more plays. But probably not.

7. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 19:37 Cutter

If they hope for any sense of longevity for this this and all future DLC should be free.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 18:55 SectorEffector

"I actually like Brink, so I will download it. The real question is will there be anybody to play it with? Servers are getting quite thin."

quite a generous patron of a player you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

5. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 18:49 MajorD

Hump wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 17:43:
question is, will there be anyone to download it.

That's probably why it is free for the first two weeks..... Wink

4. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 18:46 Agent.X7

[quoteuestion is, will there be anyone to download it.
I actually like Brink, so I will download it. The real question is will there be anybody to play it with? Servers are getting quite thin.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 17:51 Tumbler

As long as you download Agents of Change during the first two weeks it becomes available, you’ll always be able to play it for FREE.

Free hunh...no thanx. Not going back to this game. If you paid me to play it I'll go back. $5 a match sounds fair. I'll even take microsoft points.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 17:43 Hump

question is, will there be anyone to download it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 17:37 SectorEffector

salt in the wound  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo