Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

The E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Website announces that this Source Engine FPS/RPG is now available via Steam, where it is on sale for 10% off over the next week to celebrate the launch (thanks Derek). The game's science-fiction setting is described like this: "After an unending war with the metastreumonic Force, the powerful organization Secreta Secretorum you belong to is finally ready to undermine the head-strong federation, despite an intense struggle for power." Here's a feature list:

• The multiplayer, teamplay, co-op modes directly influence solo play, and vice-versa. The limits of solo and multiplayer games are finally left behind.
  • Psychological and mental traumas management.
  • 25 weapons, different shooting modes, dynamic precision, drilling shots, iron sighting, extended zoom.
  • Complete hacking system with game play impact. 9 devastatingly subtle PSI powers.
  • About 20 NPC with non-scripted, fully reactive and efficient AI, endowed with a sense of initiative. Bloody close combat with technical detail. Incredible physical movement realism thanks to Source Engine physics.
  • Excellent replayability due to primary and secondary missions, dynamic environments, non-linear level progression, and random NPC spawn, type and appearance. Death doesn't penalize players: no need to restart the current mission.
  • Open-level gameplay for hours of play without reloading.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 20:04 Jerykk

Never been a big fan of generic, template-based side-missions with no real story.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 18:38 StingingVelvet

Okay I actually judged this game too harshly and too quickly. It IS multiplayer centered, I can't imagine anyone having a real argument otherwise. It IS kind of like an MMO in that character progression is why you are playing. It is NOT Deus Ex: The Indie Version, which I think a lot of people were hoping for. It is NOT Precursors or STALKER with cyberpunk themes.

The basic gameplay is you have a hub world from which you launch missions. Main campaign missions take you to new areas and have a rough storyline framed around them. You can also take side missions in areas you already played for bonus money and exp that have no real story ("destroy the enemy radar beacons!"). In very blunt terms the hub area has like 8 doors you can enter that go to 8 different maps (huge maps) and on these maps are MMO style missions where you blow something up, kill something, hack something or simply reach a destination. In the main story these maps change every mission and there is a thin story around it all, in side missions it is just exp farming.

For singleplayer gamers if you love cyberpunk and character development in an FPS it is worth a playthrough I suspect but I doubt you will fall in love with it. The enemies are basically bots and the missions are thinly developed. For coop gamers I think this could be a real great game… like Borderlands but dedicated to the PC, cyberpunk flavored and with deeply customizable characters.

21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 16:18 StingingVelvet

Bumpy wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 15:24:
So you must of disliked Stalker or System Shock(s) also then? If done right, like this game has, it is an awesome experience.

If someone prefers linear shooters, I guess that's fine too but I certainly don't think its fair to call this game design 'suffering'.

I'm not talking about linearity. I am talking about being dumped into an arena to fight endlessly spawning bots.

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 15:31 jacobvandy

If you like the original Deus Ex, you will like E.Y.E. And any game where you can hack into people's brains and influence their actions, or get hacked yourself (sometimes it's fatal, sometimes you have to then hack your own brain to fix it) when you fail to overpower a bank ATM, is pretty friggen awesome.  

19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 15:24 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 13:40:

I would call everything being in a large arena map and respawning random enemies suffering.

So you must of disliked Stalker or System Shock(s) also then? If done right, like this game has, it is an awesome experience.

If someone prefers linear shooters, I guess that's fine too but I certainly don't think its fair to call this game design 'suffering'.

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 15:09 Slashman

Hmm...it's cheap so I'm going to probably pick it up at some point. Even taking Velvet's points into account, I'm still inclined to give it some kind of chance because it's a PC exclusive FPS...with lean...  

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 13:40 StingingVelvet

Bumpy wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 11:32:
True it is definitely designed with MP in mind but I have not found the SP to suffer at all from this design choice.

I would call everything being in a large arena map and respawning random enemies suffering.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 11:32 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 05:09:
Sooooooo this is totally a multiplayer coop game. Anything else is superfluous.

True it is definitely designed with MP in mind but I have not found the SP to suffer at all from this design choice.

So far I'm totally enthralled and immersed with this games SP, even with the annoying save system.

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 10:02 Slashman

Everyone wants to get 'creative' with save systems these days.

It's like manually saving and reloading your game at will is akin to using two tin cans and string for long distance communication.

Either that, or it's considered unholy...

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 05:09 StingingVelvet

Sooooooo this is totally a multiplayer coop game. Anything else is superfluous.  

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 03:35 xXBatmanXx

Game looks pretty interesting. The action reminds me of a fast paced AQ2.....demo avail? Might have to check it out...  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 01:03 Bumpy

Just played this for about 2 hours now and finished the first mission.

Totally PC bred game; so nice to not have console crap in my PC game for once.

WOW!!! Seriously one of the most captivating games I've played since Stalker1.

I would describe this game a mix of Stalker+Deus Ex+Hellgate London. Lots of menus, inventory, leveling, stats, powers, hacking, loadouts, etc.

Save system is interesting. Seems you get 10 lives in a mission, die and you reincarnate from some 'coma' automatically like the Bioshock Vita Chamber. Go past 10 lives and you restart the mission from the beginning. This is on Normal btw, which I'm finding very easy.

Edit: Save system actually pretty much blows and puts a real damper on this game. Seems there is no checkpoint or save ability at all. Only save is between missions and its automatic with zero ability to control the save.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2011, 01:29.

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 00:32 Shadowcat

They've gone with a fairly low price, which should offset the unpolished bits. It sounds fairly ambitious and not the typical console fodder, so good luck to 'em. I hope they release a non-Steam version at some point down the track.  

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 20:28 StingingVelvet

I love cyberpunk so much I'm buying it. Seems like opinions are divided on it.  

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 19:08 space captain

Prez wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 18:40:
Seriously? I guess I've been oblivious.

i almost thought you were joking.. blue posted a trailer on this game like 2 days ago.. a week before that another one

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 18:40 Prez

space captain wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 16:03:
there have been about 5 or 6 blurbs about this posted here on blues in the past few months

utter lack of awareness, maybe

Seriously? I guess I've been oblivious.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 16:57 Bumpy

Guy at Rage3D played it already and said this quick comment...
"I am enjoying the game so far. This is definitely not some mainstream console title. The leveling system is a bit complicated which isn't really a bad thing. There seems to be quite a few ways to level your character and there are different ways to accomplish your goals. Now this game does lack the polish of a AAA title. I'll be honest I don't really care for the storyline so far, the tutorial is pretty boring, and some of the some things could stand to be explained a bit better. This is also not a sandbox title. The missions remind me more of a Dues Ex style. The gunplay is obviously fine since it is using Source.

I'll get my money worth out of this game."

Sounds interesting and good enough for me. This appears to be a nice true PC title. I'm buying.

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 16:51 Elf Shot The Food

I think that's the exact same trailer they used about three years ago.  

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 16:48 Teddy

I'm a little wary. Looks interesting enough, but even in their own advertising videos on steam there are very clear framerate issues.  

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 16:36 Pineapple Ferguson

Looks pretty cool but I definitely need to see some reviews.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo