Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features

The Gearbox Software Forums have an update from community manager Chris Faylor saying that work is underway on patches for Duke Nukem Forever on all three platforms (thanks Shacknews). The patch for the Windows version will add some features to address some complaints about the PC version, including the two weapon inventory limit, which is to be doubled:

The development team has been hard at work combing through the feedback provided here and elsewhere, with updates based on this feedback currently in the works for all three platforms.

Among the changes coming to PC are a new expanded inventory option that allows you to carry up to four weapons in the single-player campaign, Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) support, push-to-talk voice chat, the ability to adjust FOV plus other fixes and improvements that are still being tested.

We’ll be sharing more details about the updates, including those coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as they’re finalized. Thanks again for your support!

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Aug 5, 2011, 08:53 xXBatmanXx

Dades wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 16:05:
Too little too late.

Yup, in the last 24 hours, less than 1,000 people played the game via Steam. That is probably the worst turnover rate in the history of gaming.....more people are playing BRINK! and LIMBO! hahahahaha

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Aug 3, 2011, 16:05 Dades

Too little too late.  

42. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Aug 1, 2011, 08:49 Trixxta

i smell desperation  
http://www.sydneyvoice.com - Interesting and Funny News, Articles and Videos from all around the Internet

41. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Aug 1, 2011, 01:58 Dev

Tanto Edge wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 16:49:
Hmm, curious to see how many 'other fixes and improvements' there are.
The inventory is a good place to start.
First time I've seen that drastic an update to the gameplay.
Given the cadence of the action was tied to the inventory limitation, I wonder how will this change things.
Make it fun, make it too easy, etc..
Someone is always welcome to only actually USE 2 of the weapons out of the 4 after patch if they feel its the "authentic official" version and they want to experience everything the "devs want you to experience".

Me, I'll always prefer Han Solo shooting first.

40. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 30, 2011, 16:49 Tanto Edge

Hmm, curious to see how many 'other fixes and improvements' there are.
The inventory is a good place to start.
First time I've seen that drastic an update to the gameplay.
Given the cadence of the action was tied to the inventory limitation, I wonder how will this change things.
Make it fun, make it too easy, etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

39. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 30, 2011, 10:57 wtf_man

Dev wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 19:38:
Woulda been nice to listen to this feedback given BEFORE the game was released. Instead you waited to see the low sales then thought "huh, maybe we SHOULD throw gamers a bone and give them what they asked for before the game was out"

Oh well, by the time this game hits $15 or so and I'm willing to buy it, it will be patched up and I can enjoy it for what it is.

Pretty much this.
Maybe a second round of "PC Patches" might make it worth more than $15. Since they are also making DLC... probably a GOTY edition is needed as well (If they add anything good to the single player campaign)

38. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 30, 2011, 03:18 Beaner

Dev wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 19:38:
Woulda been nice to listen to this feedback given BEFORE the game was released. Instead you waited to see the low sales then thought "huh, maybe we SHOULD throw gamers a bone and give them what they asked for before the game was out"

Oh well, by the time this game hits $15 or so and I'm willing to buy it, it will be patched up and I can enjoy it for what it is.

Hey Hi-Rez before you botch up Tribes with limited loadouts read this over 500 times.

37. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 21:41 Dades

yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 18:28:
Wow, you guys must be seriously butthurt about that game.
Sorry, I will not try to upset you more and destroy your delusions. Keep dreaming the dream.

You're the one who admitted he was butthurt about the game here. I hated Duke Nukem Forever, it was a chore to play and feels like it was intended for 13 year olds who still believe in the authenticity of wrestling. At least Gearbox is trying to make good on the feedback from the few people who did enjoy it, why get mad at them for it?

36. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 20:33 StingingVelvet

I actually enjoyed the game (yeah yeah, fuck off) so being able to use 4 weapons in a future replay would be nice.  

35. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 19:38 Dev

34. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 18:28 yuastnav

Wow, you guys must be seriously butthurt about that game.
Sorry, I will not try to upset you more and destroy your delusions. Keep dreaming the dream.

33. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 17:56 Dades

I am actually very happy that I don't give one damn about this game but news like this give me the lulz.

Yeah, you don't care so hard that you're here telling us about it several times. We get the picture.

32. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 17:55 Draugr

yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 15:10:
Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:05:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:02:
Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:

How can you possibly view it as a negative? Should they have done it at release? Sure. They're still doing it now instead of not doing it at all. Regardless of how anyone feels about DNF (its shit btw) it's good news for PC gamers.

How can I view it as something negative?
No, that is the wrong question. I'll rather ask you the following:
How can you be happy about Gearbox trolling you?
It's pretty obvious that they don't give a crap and just having a laugh. "Oh, PC gamers whine about two weapons, let's give them four."

Yeah, right. That's almost half as much as in you could carry at once in the last game. And they only needed over ten years to implement such a feature!

They want to make fun of me? They can shove it.

[edit]
I am actually very happy that I don't give one damn about this game but news like this give me the lulz.

Yeah, they trolled them by taking their feedback and then implementing it, gearbox showed them.

31. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 16:24 Elessar

Yes, Gearbox's sole purpose in life is to make fun of people like you and get you in a tizzy. They win.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

30. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 16:18 Krovven

They want to make fun of me? They can shove it....I am actually very happy that I don't give one damn about this game...

So you think they are trolling you, making fun of you, but you don't give a damn about the game...

Then why are you here being all emo? If you take upcoming features in a patch for a game so personally, you have serious issues.

Would you prefer they just ignore the game altogether and not provide any post release support to people that did buy the game?

Personally, I was at one time hopeful they would pull it off, but that was evident it didnt happen when the demo was released. I moved on. Glad to see they are fixing a few of the design issues with the game. As already stated by others, it's not going to help the game much.

29. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 15:10 yuastnav

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:05:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 12:02:
Elessar wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 11:21:
[...] As a PC gamer, I appreciate the changes. [...]

Are you for real? D:

How can you possibly view it as a negative? Should they have done it at release? Sure. They're still doing it now instead of not doing it at all. Regardless of how anyone feels about DNF (its shit btw) it's good news for PC gamers.

How can I view it as something negative?
No, that is the wrong question. I'll rather ask you the following:
How can you be happy about Gearbox trolling you?
It's pretty obvious that they don't give a crap and just having a laugh. "Oh, PC gamers whine about two weapons, let's give them four."

Yeah, right. That's almost half as much as in you could carry at once in the last game. And they only needed over ten years to implement such a feature!

[edit]

28. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 14:08 Acleacius

Damn it, just admit you made a mistake. Remove the weapon limit and add a Save game feature to make it into a real game, not some sissy ass'd console game.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

27. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 13:26 killer_roach

Mead wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 13:00:
Alright, fair enough. I have a serious question for you though:

Say the game wasn't DNF, but all the other details were exactly the same. Would you have the same level of animosity for an "improvement patch" to any other game? What I'm asking is, are you sure it's not just a matter of DNF coloring your reaction to what appears to me to be a bog-standard generic game patch? Something to think about.

To me, it has nothing to do with it being DNF - it has to do with the fact that this appears, on its face, to be largely a feature patch for a game that was received incredibly poorly (possibly more poorly than it should have, but that's another story). No matter what, it comes off as a "make good" gesture, and how trivial this one appears to be makes it even more jarring.

26. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 13:23 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 13:01:
it was a long running stale joke that needed some closure.

Yeah but now we need a new joke.

Creston

25. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 13:19 Eldaron Imotholin

This game and its excistence should be burned out of.... excistence.

This game would've been a stupid 1st person shooter that didnt try anything new 10 years ago. Today it's a mere insult to FPS games as a whole. I freakin' hate the game and Duke. The dude is not a legend, maybe an icon of the time he ruled.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo