Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 21:13 Sepharo

I wonder if that Fox scheme will apply to Hulu+ subscribers.

The few times shows on Hulu have tried to go backwards with their availability I've just gone right back to pirating them in higher quality and without commercials.

edit: oh, hooray

[Update, 5:20 p.m.: Subscribers to Hulu Plus, Hulu's paid subscription offering, will also have access to new Fox programs the day after they air.]

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 18:31 space captain

i dont understand how people are so fucking stupid.. and holy shit im thankful for that  
Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 18:28 TurdFergasun

the laws are there to give you the illusion of justice. nothing more. enjoy the show.  

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 17:34 Ruffiana

Tumbler wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 16:02:
LOL at the Fox internet video paywall. Considering who their audience is I find it hard to believe those folks are going to stick with them for a monthly fee. Fox keeps it real, real amurica! You want me to pay you! TAXES YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! YOU'RE RAISING TAXES!!!!

I don't understand how this isn't illegal. Seems to be exactly the sort of thing that monopoly laws are supposed to prevent.

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 16:11 kanniballl

Tumbler wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 16:02:
LOL at the Fox internet video paywall. Considering who their audience is I find it hard to believe those folks are going to stick with them for a monthly fee. Fox keeps it real, real amurica! You want me to pay you! TAXES YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!! YOU'RE RAISING TAXES!!!!

I can understand HBO doing it, they're offering a premium service and are adding another outlet to justify the expense to the users.

But FOX is free OTA, and meanwhile someone is making SOME money via hulu by selling ad-space. And over the last few years Hulu as added more and more advertisements.

I'd be fine with a Cable channel doing that, like SyFy or USA. But FOX? Really?

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 16:02 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 15:57 kanniballl

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 14:26:
I'm assuming she enabled the (totally optional) two-factor authentication on her Google Account. Ooooooh, scary.

In other spooky news...

My credit card company, that I started doing business with 10+ years ago, knows my mother's maiden name.

WTF how did they know?!?!?

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 14:26 Suddenly_Dead

I'm assuming she enabled the (totally optional) two-factor authentication on her Google Account. Ooooooh, scary.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 13:38 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 10:54:
# Why I was banned on Google+ (and how I redeemed myself).

UPDATED 07/26: What I'm about to share is the ultimate in creepy Google stories. One editor opened up a Google+ account to explore it as part of her job as a technology reporter. When it asked for her phone number, she put in her business phone number. Google+ rejected the phone number. It then initiated an automated phone call TO HER HOME NUMBER. That phone call asked her to verify her plus account.

OK, seriously, what the fuck???

Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit on that. That entire story REEKS of sensationalism. (Actually, it's more that she's just blatantly incompetent and can't figure out where to click to turn these settings off/on.)

Creston

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2011, 13:44.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 13:37 Creston

Oh Fox, you are so funny. Putting an 8 day delay on what is essentially already a time-shifted business means nothing. I'll just start watching stuff 8 days later.

cord cutting is going to happen. Rather than trying to put up bullshit barriers to prop up your dying business models, how about you figure out a way to make people not interested in cutting cords? You know, like letting cable customers pick and choose what channels they want, and thus be able to price their own service?

Oh wait, that's crazy, that would mean less profit. You're just as fucking archaic as all those idiots in the RIAA. Your business model is dying. FIND A NEW BUSINESS MODEL.

Creston

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 12:05 Verno

UPDATED 07/26: What I'm about to share is the ultimate in creepy Google stories. One editor opened up a Google+ account to explore it as part of her job as a technology reporter. When it asked for her phone number, she put in her business phone number. Google+ rejected the phone number. It then initiated an automated phone call TO HER HOME NUMBER. That phone call asked her to verify her plus account/

Google wasn't pulling her phone number from the phone book and matching it to her name or something silly. She put her phone number into her Google Account at some point, probably to verify it in case her account was hijacked. It's an opt-in thing, she would have chosen to do it.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 11:18 Cutter

Why would she give any real info in the first place? And Google does evil. It frollicks and minces about in the shallows of evil all day long. One day soon it will take the headlong plunge into the sea of evil and won't look back.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 28, 2011, 10:54 nin

# Why I was banned on Google+ (and how I redeemed myself).

UPDATED 07/26: What I'm about to share is the ultimate in creepy Google stories. One editor opened up a Google+ account to explore it as part of her job as a technology reporter. When it asked for her phone number, she put in her business phone number. Google+ rejected the phone number. It then initiated an automated phone call TO HER HOME NUMBER. That phone call asked her to verify her plus account.

OK, seriously, what the fuck???

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo