Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's been a while since I've shared a "Blue is a magnet for bad drivers" story, but just because I don't shuttle MrsBlue to the train every day anymore, this does not mean such incidents have completely stopped. Yesterday a truck merged in front of me on a local road because a bus was stopped in the right lane. A second later the truck behind him attempted to follow suit, in spite of being to my immediate right. I honked and he hit the brakes and sheepishly waved as I passed to acknowledge he was at fault. The funny thing is that 15 minutes later as I was stopped at a light on the way back from my errand a couple of pedestrians called to me saying they saw what had happened and congratulated me for avoiding being crushed. This reminded me that a couple of weeks ago I was stopped for a traffic tie-up on the highway and looked up to see a car approaching in the rear-view at an incredible rate of speed, which was now so close I could see that the driver was not looking at the road, and had still not seen the traffic. She then looked up, slammed on the brakes, and even began swerving to find the other lane because she clearly didn't think she was going to stop in time. Thankfully, her car managed to stop just in time, and as I watched in horrified fascination, the driver picked her cell phone out of her lap, and before hanging up said something, presumably along the lines of: "maybe I should get off the phone because I almost just killed somebody." Whew!

Driven Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Ninja Dogs 2. Thanks Daniel.
Toxie Radd 3D.
The Osiris Conflict.
Stories: Blind Dog Rescue Alliance gives vision-impaired dogs a second chance.
Science: South Korean scientists create glowing dog: report. Thanks [H]ard-OCP.
Media: Multiplayer Gaming.
Mortal Kombat Sitcom.
Forehead Tittaes w/ Marion Cotillard. NSFW. Thanks nin.
Puppy fakes her own death while playing. Oscar worthy.

View
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2011, 14:24 kanniballl

A guy blew a red light yesterday and almost T-Boned me. I just happened to notice that a car was speeding towards the intersection WAY too fast and assumed he wasn't going to jam on the brakes. A feat since there was a house on that corner blocking most of the view, had I not been as observant I my new car would me C-shaped.

And it's not like he was trying to run the yellow, it was already red long enough for 2 cars to go in front of me.

He waved as he flew by too, not a "my fault" wave but an idiotic smile "nice to meet you" wave. He didn't even pause or slow down, just continued on at least 40MpH. WTF

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 28, 10:51 Re: Out of the Blue nin
  2. Jul 28, 10:57  Re: Out of the Blue nin
  3. Jul 28, 11:21  Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  4. Jul 28, 11:41   Re: Out of the Blue PHJF
  5. Jul 28, 12:48    Re: Out of the Blue DNForever
  6. Jul 28, 13:48     Re: Out of the Blue Jonny
  13. Jul 28, 21:51    Re: Out of the Blue Sepharo
  14. Jul 28, 23:11     Re: Out of the Blue PHJF
  16. Jul 29, 00:18      Re: Out of the Blue Sepharo