Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

From Dust DRM Also Always On?

The Steam Listing for From Dust has details on the DRM in recently delayed PC edition of the upcoming god-game. This suggests that like Driver: San Francisco, this will use Ubisoft's DRM scheme that requires a persistent internet connection while the game is being played, saying: "Ubisoft Online Service" (thanks Bumpy via DSOGaming). We reached out to THQ to confirm the details on this, but have yet to receive a response (perhaps there's a glitch with their internet connection).

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 23:05 StingingVelvet

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 22:35:
"I'm gonna buy it and crack it"
Translation: I was never going to pay for it but still pirate it

I get you're trying to be humorous, but it's really common for people like myself to pay for games and then crack them for convenience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:59 wtf_man

Let me contribute to the thread with the generic, stock DRM comments you see in a comments section like this:

Blah blah blah...

Since you seem to want to stereotype everyone that makes a comment against Ubi's DRM... I'll help you out...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/draconian

7. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:58 Dev

Let me contribute to the thread with the generic, stock DRM comments you see in a comments section like this:
Have you purchased products with the ubi crazy DRM? I've purchased settlers 7 and I've lost internet connection for a few seconds, and the game complains and won't let me keep playing. Quite annoying, and after that experience, its extremely unlikely I'll be buying more ubi products unless they are like $5 or they remove the DRM. Its been over a year and still no sign that ubi is going to remove the DRM from settlers 7, or any other products they infested with this crap.

6. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:56 Fion

Every review I've seen has said this should have been a PC first game because the controls are rather shoddy on a console. I can see how this might be the case. I may still check this out, but I'm sure it'll be pirated a tun simply because of the heavy handed DRM. Will Ubi never learn?  

5. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:49 The Half Elf

Actually I've been following this game since before it was called From Dust (not that I can remember the previous name). And typically DRM doesn't bother me/isn't an issue for me, but I will say that this type of game I would love to play on a PC. But due to the Always On DRM (if it's confirmed) I won't be purchasing it.

And I won't be stealing it. If there is a demo I'll try that, but pirating software just makes me a part of the problem, and gives developers/publishers more ammo to not port/make games for the PC.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:35 Rattlehead

"I was interested in this game, but thanks to DRM I will avoid it" Translation: I had zero interest but just want to bitch about DRM for the sake of it

"I'm gonna buy it and crack it"
Translation: I was never going to pay for it but still pirate it

"This is draconian and a violation of my rights as a consumer!"
Translation: I don't even know what draconian means but it sounds sophisticated so I will use it in my post I read somewhere else.

3. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:33 StingingVelvet

Don't care about Driver at all but this would be a bummer.  

2. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 22:01 Dev

I liked that line myself. Its always fun to read the little bits in a news blurb that blue throws in.

Plus it shows he's not asleep and copy/pasting

1. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 27, 2011, 21:57 nin

(perhaps there's a glitch with their internet connection).

The jokes almost write themselves, eh Blue?

Your sarcasm is always a welcome read!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo