Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Square Enix announces that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is gold, and Eidos-Montreal's now-complete action/RPG prequel will be released as promised in North America on August 23 for Windows, OnLive, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, with the release in other territories set for August 26. The news is accompanied by a new screenshot, as well as word on several related promotions: Augment Your Living Room PowerUp Rewards, a QR Missions Scavenger Hunt, and a Wooster Street Social Club Art Exhibition. Here's word on the game:

Telling the story of Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his choice who finds himself in the middle of a global conspiracy to which he holds the key, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is set in a near-future world where humanity is at a turning point.

By offering players the chance to play the game in multiple and vastly different ways, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION challenges the foundations of gaming and provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence.

View
72 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

32. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:20 verrul

last mission on Alpha Protocol really pissed me off. if you didn't have just the right build tough luck your screwed. So why give choices at all.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:05 Bumpy

MajorD wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 12:50:
It looks like a promising title, but I am still on the fence here, as I don't like how it continuously alternates between 'first person' perspective and 'third person' perspective. IMO, it just breaks the continuity of the 'first person' perspective way too much.

Assuming this title takes off, which it sounds like it will, I'm betting there will be a mod or hack for this.

Think I need to run through and finish Alpha Protocol first or DE3 will spoil me.

30. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:50 MajorD

It looks like a promising title, but I am still on the fence here, as I don't like how it continuously alternates between 'first person' perspective and 'third person' perspective. IMO, it just breaks the continuity of the 'first person' perspective way too much.

29. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:48 StealthR6

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 12:39:
I enjoyed Invisible War for the same reason.

I too as well. If one excludes the oringal Deus Ex (greatest game of all time) there really isn't anything that surpasses Invisible War for RPG/shooters, sadly, except maybe System Shock, System Shock 2 and Knight of the Old Republic, and knights wasn't even a shooter.

28. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:43 StealthR6

Yes!!! If 50% as good as the original game, should be automatically up for game of year consideration. I agree with Creston, a possible great or even average deus ex game is better then no deus ex game. Anyways, at least it's not Ubisoft creating it, thank god!  

27. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:39 StingingVelvet

I just pre-purchased this on Steam yesterday. The way I figure it I love cyberpunk so much that even if this sucks somehow I will still enjoy it immensely, just for being a cyberpunk shooter with RPG elements. If it actually ends up being a Deus Ex game, well, that's even better.

I enjoyed Invisible War for the same reason.

26. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:16 nin

I'm amazed Dirwulf is not on everyone's troll list yet.

Give it time. He'll get there.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:14 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 11:39:
I think he means he's in "other territories"

Oh... eh...

*sheepish look* Embarrassed

Creston

24. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 12:13 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 11:42:
Dirwulf wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 11:32:
So you find hitting women makes a game, Game of the Year? ... classy...

It's an old forum inside joke but feel free to be a drama queen about it Gorgeous

LOL. No where is that? Linky so I can clicky, please!

I was out of space so I had to remove it but someone else put one up. Warning, virtual woman in videogame gets hit by character, be ready to shed drama tears and sperge about how videogames glorify violence against women seeking to vote their right to abortion.

I'm amazed Dirwulf is not on everyone's troll list yet.

Thanks for the linky!

Edit : Holy shit. When you said decked I thought you meant you like 50s bitch-slapped her, but WHAM. That's just... rough. Hehe.

Edit 2 : DOUBLE BITCH SLAP!

Creston

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2011, 12:35.

23. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 nin

Ok, I'll go in for this IF I can get it on GMG for $27-29. So, if anyone sees it for such, please post it in the OOTB.

Keep an eye on Shacknews Friday afternoon. They have a post they do for weekend sales, including discount codes.

I got it for $28.80 a few weeks ago. Hell of a deal.

22. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:50 Cutter

Hey Vern, this is your old buddy Ernest, know what I mean? Ok, I'll go in for this IF I can get it on GMG for $27-29. So, if anyone sees it for such, please post it in the OOTB.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:47 Beamer

Square game, my expectations are very, very low.

I said the same when it was announced, but the people here are downright giddy, Unanimously giddy.

How often does that happen?

Preordered for $28. Can't wait.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 Verno

Dirwulf wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 11:32:

It's an old forum inside joke but feel free to be a drama queen about it Gorgeous

I was out of space so I had to remove it but someone else put one up. Warning, virtual woman in videogame gets hit by character, be ready to shed drama tears and sperge about how videogames glorify violence against women seeking to vote their right to abortion.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

19. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:39 nin

I think he means he's in "other territories"

18. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:37 Creston

J wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 11:28:
Aaaah.... I have to wait THREE MORE DAYS for the release! That's three days of pacing in circles trying not to read people's feedback on the game and the inevitable spoilers.

So frustrating and yet all because it's shaping up to be so good

It's a little more than that, buddy... AUGUST 26...

Creston

17. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:36 Creston

PHJF wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 11:05:
I don't understand how you people expect this to be a good game. It'd be a fucking miracle for the ages if this came remotely close to the original.

Because even if it's only HALF as good as the original, that probably means it'll still be really fucking good.

And anyway, I'd rather take a flyer on another Deus Ex game that looks good but may be disappointing, as opposed to never having another Deus Ex game again.

Creston

16. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:34 Creston

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:39:
Leak was fucking awesome.

That's too much information, Verno.

Creston

The leak was fucking awesome

Did you see the Youtube video I made in the last thread? I decked a hooker - Game of the Year.

Creston

15. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:32 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:43:
Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 10:39:
Leak was fucking awesome.

That's too much information, Verno.

Creston

The leak was fucking awesome

Did you see the Youtube video I made in the last thread? I decked a hooker - Game of the Year.

14. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:28 J

Aaaah.... I have to wait THREE MORE DAYS for the release! That's three days of pacing in circles trying not to read people's feedback on the game and the inevitable spoilers.

So frustrating and yet all because it's shaping up to be so good

13. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 11:19 nin

Square game, my expectations are very, very low.

Watch some videos. Everything I've seen looks great.

72 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo