Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Square Enix announces that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is gold, and Eidos-Montreal's now-complete action/RPG prequel will be released as promised in North America on August 23 for Windows, OnLive, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, with the release in other territories set for August 26. The news is accompanied by a new screenshot, as well as word on several related promotions: Augment Your Living Room PowerUp Rewards, a QR Missions Scavenger Hunt, and a Wooster Street Social Club Art Exhibition. Here's word on the game:

Telling the story of Adam Jensen, a man cybernetically augmented against his choice who finds himself in the middle of a global conspiracy to which he holds the key, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION is set in a near-future world where humanity is at a turning point.

By offering players the chance to play the game in multiple and vastly different ways, DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION challenges the foundations of gaming and provides an immersive experience where every choice has a lasting consequence.

View
72 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

52. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 16:41 Icewind

necrosis wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 15:15:
MysterD wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 15:11:
Eyefinity Support shown off from ComicCon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teldcBqztOE&feature=youtu.be
Jesus if I hear Eyefinity one more time I am going to punch a baby in the face.

Just because you are too poor to make use of it doesn't mean you have to hate it.

Get a job.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:47 Overon

space captain wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:31:
are you saying you dont enjoy games where you get to smack a bitch? thats fuckin pussy shit.. worse even - all the bitches i know are seriously down with it

need to keep that pimp hand strong, my nigga!

betta recanize
Male chauvenism overlapping with misogeny and sexism all rolled into one. Nice. I am going to assume you were just kidding though.

P.S. I heard good thing about the leaked build, that was supposedly the best demo one could ever ask for. I will get this because of it.
But preordering is for suckers.

50. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:15 necrosis

MysterD wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 15:11:
Jesus if I hear Eyefinity one more time I am going to punch a baby in the face.

49. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:11 MysterD

48. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:02 MysterD

Dev wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:54:
I couldn't pass up a chance to order this at GMG a couple weeks ago for under $30, given the super positive buzz I've heard about the leak, and they send a steam key.

I had to jump on it when I saw it was a little under $30 from GMG, as well.

Of course it'll be a Steam key - the game requires it period. :oP

47. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:54 Dev

I couldn't pass up a chance to order this at GMG a couple weeks ago for under $30, given the super positive buzz I've heard about the leak, and they send a steam key.  

46. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:54 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:41:
There's very few pieces of software you actually own. If you paid for it, there's a very good chance that what you actually bought was a license
You know what i meant. Buying a copy on a disc is "owing", spending money on a license, connected to an account, beyond your control ... this NOT owning. It's "renting". Or "licensing" if you like

Anyway, connecting software with DRM to an account has only disadvantages for the customer. There is no benefit in this. When i buy a copy from GOG.com, i "own" that copy because i can do with this copy whatever i want. I can give to friends, i can play it on any computer without hassling with a client and/or internet connection.

Btw. i have about 40 games in my Steam list. It's not that i do not like Steam. But all for less than a few dollars and all with patched game files to make sure i can play my games anytime i want.

45. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:52 Verno

Kajetan wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:35:
Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:58:
You don't rent games with Steam, you buy games which become account bound.
But i do NOT own my copy. Valve can remove the game from my account or change the game files due to some regional distribution rights thingy anytime they want. Well, unless i de-DRM it Than it's mine.

Physically own? No. Legally? Its murkier. Every service has a "We reserve the right to send you to hell and steal your possessions" clause but whether they're legally enforceable or not is a different story. I'm not sure what you mean with the "Valve could decide" stuff, they never do that unless your account violates the Steam EULA in another way(Fraud, chargebacks, etc). Even when Steam games get removed from the Steam store they remain on your account if you bought them on Steam. I doubt Valve would license time bombed copies to sell, their licenses are most likely done in perpetuity. Any changes to agreements would likely be grandfathered.

I agree there's a bigger comfort to having the data on your drive but that's one of the main appeals of Steam was not having to hoard your stuff anymore. Unfortunately the industry wants some form of verification in exchange for that convenience and the method most often turned to is account activated games, that's in general and not just on Steam unfortunately. PSN and Games on Demand on the console side is done in a similar manner.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

44. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:48 Prez

space captain wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:31:
are you saying you dont enjoy games where you get to smack a bitch? thats fuckin pussy shit.. worse even - all the bitches i know are seriously down with it

betta recanize

I've been trying to get this translated in Babel Fish, but no luck so far.

Now we're going to cry because a digitized woman gets her bell rung. Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

43. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:41 nin

But i do NOT own my copy.

There's very few pieces of software you actually own. If you paid for it, there's a very good chance that what you actually bought was a license.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

42. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:35 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:58:
You don't rent games with Steam, you buy games which become account bound.
But i do NOT own my copy. Valve can remove the game from my account or change the game files due to some regional distribution rights thingy anytime they want. Well, unless i de-DRM it Than it's mine.

41. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:17 Rattlehead

Too bad it's steamworks, means a no buy from me as I don't rent my games. The ones whining about EA have no problem with this I bet.

It's your loss, really. But hey, if you wanna be a dipshit and tell yourself Steamworks is renting then keep on trucking I say!

I played the leak demo, and was pretty much blown away and how much it sticks to its roots. It's great, and in many ways better than the original. The GOTS artstyle gives the game a much needed immersion boost and the best part is it runs on my laptop so I buy it without a doubt.

40. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:00 MysterD

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 12:39:
I just pre-purchased this on Steam yesterday. The way I figure it I love cyberpunk so much that even if this sucks somehow I will still enjoy it immensely, just for being a cyberpunk shooter with RPG elements. If it actually ends up being a Deus Ex game, well, that's even better.

I enjoyed Invisible War for the same reason.

I wish Invisible War ditched that foolish unified ammo.
Anyone ever make a mod to fix that?

39. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:58 Verno

Too bad it's steamworks, means a no buy from me as I don't rent my games. The ones whining about EA have no problem with this I bet.

You don't rent games with Steam, you buy games which become account bound. EA is now pursuing a similar course with EA Accounts/Origin. For example I can't resell Bad Company 2, my codes are locked to my EA account. That's just pretty much the way the PC industry has been moving for quite some time now and I don't think it will change.

38. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:56 nin

trashcan wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:51:

Troll in one. Kudos.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

37. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:51 trashcan

36. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:48 Acleacius

Bumpy wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:05:
Assuming this title takes off, which it sounds like it will, I'm betting there will be a mod or hack for this.

Think I need to run through and finish Alpha Protocol first or DE3 will spoil me.
The best idea I've seen all week, thanks. Deus Ex could certainly have better gameplay. I really can't imagine any RPG will be able to touch AP for reflexive story, based on choice and actions for a long while.

I'm hopeful, yet with the history of the franchise, publisher and the developer's lack of experience with a AAA title release, it's also easy to be skeptical.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

35. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:31 space captain

betta recanize

Go forth, and kill!

34. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:29 Verno

Coming soon to Fox News!  

33. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:24 Cutter

And here's the bitchslapping montage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpuzHyEY8Q&feature=related

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

72 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo