Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer

A new "Purity First " trailer from Deus Ex: Human Revolution combines live action footage and cinematic sequences to explore the human augmentation technology that underlies much of the upcoming action/RPG prequel. The clip shows how technology can help enhance human skills and abilities, but can also be used to observe (was that Wheatley?) and control individuals as well, highlighting the contrasting utopian and dystopian elements in this vision of the future. The clip concludes with a pointer to the Sarif Industries Website with some more viral promotion, and a recursive link back to the same trailer. The embedded version follows.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 20:55 StingingVelvet

bhcompy wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 01:08:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 17:43:
bhcompy wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 17:12:
So are we going to have live FMVs like we did in the Sega CD days? (particular faves are the PSX Soviet/Nuclear Strike games)

Odd to use the Sega CD as the FMV standard on a PC gaming site. The PC was by far the home of FMV.

Recently in Red Alert, maybe, but what else? Mad Dog Mcree and Who Shot Johnny Rock were arcade first and consoles like Sega CD later. FMV was very prominent in the marketing of Sega CD games. Tomcat Alley, Sewer Shark, etc.

What does recently have to do with it? The Sega CD was out like 15 years ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 15:43 eRe4s3r

well to be fair, the leak is only 1/3 of the game.. so i am half-thinking it was intentional - for a PR leak you'd think it would be an even mix of levels and things from the game, not just the first third.

I am actually surprised they didn't go all public with it, it would be a tremendous PR boost. I only played the first missions and some stuff in the first hub because, well i didn't want to spoiler it for my pre-order gaming experience, what i have seen from it though... well it was not just JAW dropping amazing, it was probably the best deus ex ever made. And thats in its leaked beta stage.

And just for info, the graphics and general level of detail is truly stunning. Walking into an office really looks like a real office, you can even read the post-it notes, sometimes with funny details, sometimes with their pc password. Every PC is unique, has unique emails, sometimes even unique applications (for hacking) and hacking is truly complex now

I can't wait for it, even as i mentioned pre-ordered it after the leak. Actually while playing the leak, it just drew me in like only Deus EX 1 did back then.

29. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 12:40 J

nin wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 09:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 05:59:
Well you obviously lack none of these abilities, except the one to use google. Had you googled the leak and played it you wouldn't for a second think this is a cheap PC port.

In fact, after that leak there is no doubt this will be one of the genre defining games of this year

I'd largely ignored the game, up until last month. But word of mouth was it was really good, to the point that some wondered if the leak was intentional.

Thought about tracking the install down, but I'd rather experience it in it's finished state.

Next month can't come soon enough.

I concur, I was thinking of getting the leak but decided to wait for the final, polished product.

Less than a month to go!

28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 11:38 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 02:45:
finga wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 23:07:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 21:01:
Don't see how they will be able to explain a buggy, incomplete or poor port for the PC, with all this cash and man hours going to these extremely expensive pr videos.

So it must be perfect.
People like you are not this publisher's top priority. Actually, most publishers don't consider you a top priority.
I'm just glad the video industry has you to speak for it. I know the world is a little better off with you talking and thinking for it. As a matter of fact, we're all just glad you can speak and type.

Oh come now. There's no need to fight with words. You two should hug it out. Go on, hug. Do it... for science! Hug

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 09:56 nin

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 05:59:
Well you obviously lack none of these abilities, except the one to use google. Had you googled the leak and played it you wouldn't for a second think this is a cheap PC port.

In fact, after that leak there is no doubt this will be one of the genre defining games of this year

I'd largely ignored the game, up until last month. But word of mouth was it was really good, to the point that some wondered if the leak was intentional.

Thought about tracking the install down, but I'd rather experience it in it's finished state.

Next month can't come soon enough.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 05:59 eRe4s3r

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 02:45 Acleacius

finga wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 23:07:
Don't see how they will be able to explain a buggy, incomplete or poor port for the PC, with all this cash and man hours going to these extremely expensive pr videos.

So it must be perfect.
People like you are not this publisher's top priority. Actually, most publishers don't consider you a top priority.
I'm just glad the video industry has you to speak for it. I know the world is a little better off with you talking and thinking for it. As a matter of fact, we're all just glad you can speak and type.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 01:08 bhcompy

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 17:43:
bhcompy wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 17:12:
So are we going to have live FMVs like we did in the Sega CD days? (particular faves are the PSX Soviet/Nuclear Strike games)

Odd to use the Sega CD as the FMV standard on a PC gaming site. The PC was by far the home of FMV.

Recently in Red Alert, maybe, but what else? Mad Dog Mcree and Who Shot Johnny Rock were arcade first and consoles like Sega CD later. FMV was very prominent in the marketing of Sega CD games. Tomcat Alley, Sewer Shark, etc.

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 00:01 Jerykk

Don't really see why they would need to explain anything. Marketing budgets are typically 2-3 times larger than the development budgets and that's including the costs of developing the X360, PS3 and PC versions combined.

Thankfully, based on the leaked build, it looks like this will receive a good PC port.

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 23:12 Kxmode

A51Abductee wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 20:38:
Thx, just checked them out... electro is a much better fit really. My mind envisions simple, harsh music with electronic and occasional organic elements, competing in tension like augmentations vs. "purity" in the human body.

"Seduction Of Canned Laughter" did have analog and digital elements. Nevertheless... "electronic and occasional organic elements, competing in tension like augmentations vs. 'purity' in the human body." Hmmm... how about these?

Hybrid - Empire (Orchestral Edit) My top choice! Perfect theme for Sarif Industries
Architect - The Shadow of Eve
Trentemøller - Evil Dub

Noteworthy
Elite Force - You
Architect - Wachsmut

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 23:07 finga

So it must be perfect.

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 22:11 MajorD

Cave Johnson Wrote - It would interesting if a movie was made to tell the story of the "humble" beginnings of the Borg and how they evolved. Or perhaps Paramount could create a off-shoot television series. Perhaps the title could be Star Trek Origins: Borg. I know this did not work well for X-men Origins: Wolverine but it might work well for Star Trek. We know very little about the Borg and yet they're in the top 10 of favorite Trek villains AND Sci-fi villains in general. We know more about the Ferengi than the Borg. Anyhow I thought it would be cool to explore the Borg's past before they became an unstoppable Juggernaut.

Fantastic idea! Interesting you outlined that, as when I watch that movie, it does leave me yearning to know more about the Borg. I was initially thinking, from your post above, it would be a great idea for one of the next Star Trek movies, but your idea of a new series would be even a better vehicle.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2011, 23:54.

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 21:01 Acleacius

So it must be perfect.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:38 A51Abductee

Cave Johnson wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 20:00:
A51Abductee wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 18:13:
Great clip.. the music they used is a bit weak though. Doesn't seem to fit the message or the "universe" IMHO.

For your consideration I recommend "Seduction Of Canned Laughter" by Teargas & Plateglass or "Light #1" by Nosaj Thing. In your mind overlap the music with the video. I'm too lazy to do it with Vegas. Besides I don't want those augmented Eidos lawyers to rip me a new hole... cause you know they will. o_o

Thx, just checked them out... electro is a much better fit really. My mind envisions simple, harsh music with electronic and occasional organic elements, competing in tension like augmentations vs. "purity" in the human body.

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:14 Zadig

I like what I've seen of this so far. Giving augmentations a potentially serious drawback is interesting.

A faction could offer powerful augmentations to the player early on, leading to serious consequences if they switch teams later.

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:13 Kxmode

verrul wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 19:50:
we know how the borg evolved mostly it was an merger between a human and the voyager probe.

There's too many rumors or conflicting ideas but none of them are official. A film or television series by Paramount would pretty much make whatever origin they decide on canon.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2011, 20:28.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:00 Kxmode

A51Abductee wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 18:13:
Great clip.. the music they used is a bit weak though. Doesn't seem to fit the message or the "universe" IMHO.

For your consideration I recommend "Seduction Of Canned Laughter" by Teargas & Plateglass or "Light #1" by Nosaj Thing. In your mind overlap the music with the video. I'm too lazy to do it with Vegas. Besides I don't want those augmented Eidos lawyers to rip me a new hole... cause you know they will. o_o

@MajorD - No problem! While watching the video the Borg origins was the first thing that came to mind. It would interesting if a movie was made to tell the story of the "humble" beginnings of the Borg and how they evolved. Or perhaps Paramount could create a off-shoot television series. Perhaps the title could be Star Trek Origins: Borg. I know this did not work well for X-men Origins: Wolverine but it might work well for Star Trek. We know very little about the Borg and yet they're in the top 10 of favorite Trek villains AND Sci-fi villains in general. We know more about the Ferengi than the Borg. Anyhow I thought it would be cool to explore the Borg's past before they became an unstoppable Juggernaut.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2011, 20:27.

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 19:50 verrul

we know how the borg evolved mostly it was an merger between a human and the voyager probe.  

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 19:21 MajorD

Cave Johnson wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 18:02:
"Human! We used to be exactly like them. Flawed. Weak. Organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection." - Borg Queen; First Contact.

If there was ever a story to show how Borg evolved DX3 would probably be the best blurb of their collective history. In the end an organic resistance was futile to their synthetic future.

Great quote, good movie! It has been a while since I have watched it, so now you have inspired me to pop in the DVD and enjoy it tonight. Thank you much.

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 19:17 shihonage

@Cutter: in order to transfer consciousness, we need to know exactly what it is.

Otherwise, you'll just end up sitting in the same chair as before, but somewhere out there there will also be an android who has your memories and opinions.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo