Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops

Preorders of Battlefield 3 are "roughly comparable" to those of Call of Duty: Black Ops, according to analysts from Cowen & Company, reports GamesIndustry.biz (registration required) (thanks James via Bf3Blog). This seems a good omen for DICE's military shooter sequel, as Black Ops has sold more than 20 million units worldwide. Cowen & Company currently estimates Battlefield 3 will sell approximately 11 million units.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 29, 2011, 15:29 Krovven

Ya I didnt get one, but my nephew did and he can't run it. So he gave me his Origin login info. Downloaded it, updated my vid drivers to the most recent beta version, then went to bed.

I'll be diving into it tonight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops Jul 28, 2011, 08:32 Verno

BF3 Alpha invites started last night toot toot!  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

41. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 27, 2011, 00:37 Jerykk

venomhed wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 14:32:
CoD as a game sucks so bad compared to any of the BF's ever released.

You're lucky Reagle isn't here to read that, otherwise he'd sneak into your bed while you sleep and own your ass.

40. Re: BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops Jul 25, 2011, 14:32 venomhed

Bizarre how this game would sell less that CoD. I guess the advertising will be weak and far less from EA than what CoD had, which is bizarre, since EA has more money that God or Satan combined.

CoD as a game sucks so bad compared to any of the BF's ever released.

39. Re: BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops Jul 25, 2011, 13:02 Bumpy

Sweet, love it not being on Steam. <smirk>

I want my DVD, box and manual, thank you very much.

38. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 08:36 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 23:46:
Haha, it's 1 month shy of its 20th birthday and your only now finding out that Game Informer has been owned by retail (Funcoland/Gamestop) since its first issue?

Tumbler post.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

37. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 07:58 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:15:
Why do you people buy this shite? I suppose you all love crap like American Idol and Glee Club too, right?

What is "Glee Club" and how do I become a member?

36. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 06:42 Arithon

entr0py wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 04:08:
Arithon wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 03:37:
When the NDA on the Alpha is lifted, that number will rise. Trust me.

I'm afraid that implying that the alpha is good is a violation of the NDA. Please hand in your alpha key. To me. In an e-mail.

Only if I describe in detail why it is totally awesome. Which I won't do. Preorder and thank me later.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

35. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 05:51 eRe4s3r

I'm afraid asking for a key is a violation of the Alpha TOS, so instead he should hand it to me, in an email.  

34. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 04:08 entr0py

Arithon wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 03:37:

I'm afraid that implying that the alpha is good is a violation of the NDA. Please hand in your alpha key. To me. In an e-mail.

33. Re: BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops Jul 25, 2011, 03:37 Arithon

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

32. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 23:46 Sepharo

Haha, it's 1 month shy of its 20th birthday and your only now finding out that Game Informer has been owned by retail (Funcoland/Gamestop) since its first issue?  

31. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 22:31 Tumbler

You dislike the GameStop-owned GameInformer magazine getting all the world exclusive previews because of their association with GameStop.

Ok, now it makes sense why I keep hearing about them getting exclusives...could not fathom how any magazine in this day and age was getting any exclusive. Figured these guys just had excellent connections. Ha, they're just part of the gamestop marketing system.

Makes all those publisher complaints about gamestop hurting sales look ridiculous when they give this magazine so much exclusive first look stuff and offer incentives for preorders!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

30. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 22:25 eRe4s3r

Amazon seems to the only sensible place to buy this anyway, on Origin its 5 more expensive and all you get there is a download - no automated patches, welcome to the stone age sponsored by EA  

29. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 21:46 xXBatmanXx

elefunk wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:29:
I weep for anyone who implies that Bad Company 2 wasn't fun. Oh well, at least the market and gamers in general agree with me that it was one of the best multiplayer games released in years, and I'm ecstatic that Battlefield 3 looks to be combining the best of BF2 and BC2.

Agreed. Game is a friggen blast!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

28. Re: BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops Jul 24, 2011, 20:18 Tom

No Steam, no sale.

Hahaha! No seriously, I'll buy it from Amazon or Walmart or whatever if I have to, but that just feels... uncivilized at this point.

27. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 20:09 Jerykk

And I have no problem with that. They've done nothing to show me anything bad so far. Sure, they got rid of PC games in their stores, but if they get rid of PC games on Impulse what are they going to sell?

If you support Impulse, you're supporting GameStop. That is something you should not do if:

1) You dislike pre-order exclusives.
2) You dislike GameStop-exclusive pre-orders.
3) You dislike the GameStop-owned GameInformer magazine getting all the world exclusive previews because of their association with GameStop.
4) You dislike GameStop ripping both consumers and developers off through used sales.

26. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 20:04 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:27:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:25:
Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:15:
Why do you people buy this shite? I suppose you all love crap like American Idol and Glee Club too, right?

Posted in the wrong discussion thread, you're looking for the one on StarWars Old Republic.

Battlefield games are fun.

Were fun. This looks more like bc3 than bf3.

I would be fine with that but there will be 64 player pc games and aircraft, ability to go prone, etc. They've only shown a tiny bit from the multiplayer.

25. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 18:57 bhcompy

Bhruic wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 16:49:
Errr, it will be on Impulse. No Steam is a downside, but Impulse is a fine service on its own.

You realize Impulse got bought by Gamestop, right?

And I have no problem with that. They've done nothing to show me anything bad so far. Sure, they got rid of PC games in their stores, but if they get rid of PC games on Impulse what are they going to sell?

24. Re: BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops Jul 24, 2011, 18:57 Parallax Abstraction

Much as I'd prefer to buy from Steam, I don't understand why people would avoid it entirely if it's not there. None of the previous games in the series took advantage of any Steamworks features (and man, I wish they would instead of the horrendous server browser and friends system DICE uses) and if you bought it on Steam, you'd get the exact same version you'd get from GamersGate, Direct2Drive, retail or if you must, Origin. The only difference is the icon you click on. I'll be waiting until the last minute to pre-order to see if it does come to Steam but if not, Direct2Drive will be fine.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo