Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer

A new teaser trailer from Jagged Alliance Back in Action is now available, showing off the upcoming return of this tactical turn-based strategy sequel. The clip includes cinematics that bring to mind The A-Team, including a Liam Neeson lookalike.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer Jul 24, 2011, 12:13 Zadig

I didn't enjoy Silent Storm because it was missing key aspects of Jagged Alliance gameplay. They replaced the fully explorable world with missions which removes time management. They also completely removed money management (wages) for the mercs who weren't particularly interesting anyway. JA2 mercs were very memorable and frequently hilarious.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer Jul 23, 2011, 15:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

ShakyJake wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 09:44:
Have you tried Silent Storm, though? Having a full 3d enviroment and physics model actually allowed for some interesting possibilities, and I'd put it right up there with the Jagged Alliance series. I'm not happy that it won't be turn-based anymore, but that's only because I loathe RTS games. If this game's RTS is a combination of pausing and issuing complex orders then I wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out.

Silent Storm is one of the greatest games ever made. Some will say it's sacrelige, but I think Silent Storm was BETTER than X-Com and Jagged Alliance in some ways...

Jagged Alliance 2 is very good, but I was honestly not a fan of some of the mechanics and of course the graphics caused severe eye bleeding. Hopefully BiA is flat out amazing.

3. Re: Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer Jul 23, 2011, 09:44 ShakyJake

Have you tried Silent Storm, though? Having a full 3d enviroment and physics model actually allowed for some interesting possibilities, and I'd put it right up there with the Jagged Alliance series. I'm not happy that it won't be turn-based anymore, but that's only because I loathe RTS games. If this game's RTS is a combination of pausing and issuing complex orders then I wouldn't mind seeing how it turns out.  

2. Re: Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer Jul 23, 2011, 02:56 heroin

It better have an isometric view. I'm sick of 3D games. I just started replaying Planescape configured to be in the resolution of my widescreen laptop and it looks awesome. Really want to see more 2D/3D isometric games that aren't Diablo or Diablo clones, not that there is anything wrong with them, I'm just sayin'.  

1. Re: Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer Jul 22, 2011, 23:05 Mechanik

Not much to see here. They've basically just redone a couple of cinematics from Jagged Alliance 2. They're alright and all, but I'd really rather see gameplay.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo