Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog

Battleblog #3 on the Battlefield Blog takes a look at the Battlelog, one of the social aspects of Battlefield 3, DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. Here's a bit:

Never go into battle alone again thanks to the powerful new community features of Battlelog, Battlefield 3ís unique no-cost social network. ďWe want to make Battlefield 3 a more social gaming experience and it all starts with Battlelog,Ē says Fredrik Loving, Battlelog Producer at DICE. ďWe are changing how you communicate, play, compete and share content with their friends, extending the in-game experience to be accessible from your home computer, on your handheld devices while commuting, or wherever you may be." And thatís what DICE set out to do.

With Battlelog, players will be able to build a network of friends, communicate with other gamers, and compare their Battlefield stats with friends and foes alike. It brings all of the social aspects of Battlefield into a single location, allowing you to coordinate any action at the push of a button and get into the game as easily as possible. Whatís the cost for Battlelog? Nothing. Itís absolutely free.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 22, 2011, 00:06 Suddenly_Dead

venomhed wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 18:32:
Tribes 2 already had this many years ago.

Tribes 2 had a forum, clan forums, profile and clan profile pages, and PMs. No stat tracking, no achievements/ranks, no "wall".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 21:53 Krovven

Teddy wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 21:05:
Yes, how dare a paying customer be offended at the sheer lack of attention and information provided about the product he purchased.

You bought the game. Mod tools are a bonus, nobody expected them and they certainly didn't owe them to anyone, considering we havent seen CoD mod tools in quite awhile.

If you bought a game based on a "promise", that's your mistake. People around here will laugh at you for that and probably refer you to Valve & Left 4 Dead "promises". You dont buy products based on "promises", you will lose almost every time.

The mod tools aren't getting some big fanfaire because they are unsupported. Free content made from this is technically going to compete with their own map packs and I'm surprised Activision even allowed this considering how they have been about this for years.

But at this point, you are just simply being an ass because you were wrong and got called on it.

What really sucks is that I hate Activision and I dont like the CoD franchise much in general, but here im defending them over your stupidity.

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 21:05 Teddy

Krovven wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 20:26:
Teddy wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 19:57:
I say where is the official notification of it? ...

Deal with it.

It was released, quietly or not, it's out. So instead of screaming like a child about them lying about it ever being released, you are going to do the same, but this time because they didn't knock on your front door, hold your hand while you went on the internet and showed you where it is.

You'd look like less of a douche if you just admitted you were wrong, and move along.

Edit: They had also mentioned the imminent release of the mod tools on May 26 in the Black Ops patch notes. It's not up to the world to inform you every time something is released.
I would think that if you were that interested, you would be following modding websites and would have heard by now...or at the very least do a Google search before running your mouth, considering there is plenty of information out there about it.

Yes, how dare a paying customer be offended at the sheer lack of attention and information provided about the product he purchased. This isn't a matter of "Whoops, I missed it." and you know it. They released something that they promised with nary a whisper and can't be bothered to even mention it anywhere for it to be seen and you consider that support? Customer Service? Behaving like this is perfectly normal behavior from a billion dollar company is the same as countenancing the way they've treated customers. If you're the sort of person who accepts being treated like dirt by a company, then you're just another part of the problem.

Expecting a link or a news item on the products website is hardly expecting someone to hold my hand. It's expecting common courtesy from a company I did business with (which I will no longer, incidentally). It's not up to the 'world' to inform me when something is released, but it IS up to the company that made it. Do you sit around googling every game you own to see if there's a patch for it? Hardly, you expect to be notified by the company or have it handled automatically for you.

You can try and pass it off as "screaming like a child" but you know full well how full of it you are on the subject. You're actually defending a company using a single twitter comment as an acceptable way of informing the community of something as substantial as fulfilling a pre-sale promise? You'd look like less of a douche, yourself if you weren't so busy shilling for them.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 20:26 Krovven

Teddy wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 19:57:
I say where is the official notification of it? ...

Deal with it.

It was released, quietly or not, it's out. So instead of screaming like a child about them lying about it ever being released, you are going to do the same, but this time because they didn't knock on your front door, hold your hand while you went on the internet and showed you where it is.

You'd look like less of a douche if you just admitted you were wrong, and move along.

Edit: They had also mentioned the imminent release of the mod tools on May 26 in the Black Ops patch notes. It's not up to the world to inform you every time something is released.
I would think that if you were that interested, you would be following modding websites and would have heard by now...or at the very least do a Google search before running your mouth, considering there is plenty of information out there about it.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2011, 20:33.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 19:57 Teddy

Krovven wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 16:58:
Teddy wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 16:13:
Any goodwill they earned from me for all that was destroyed when they lied about the map and mod tools they told us they were going to release.

https://twitter.com/#!/pcdev/status/83685461264039936

http://codbomp.blogspot.com/2011/07/black-ops-mod-tools-download-beta.html

Just because you missed it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What do you have to say now?

I say where is the official notification of it? Where is the news on the Call of Duty website? Where is there even a fucking MENTION of it on their website? Or am I expected to find the right person to follow on twitter for information?

They slip out a beta surreptitiously with all the fanfare of a twitter comment, and you expect me to be abashed for being unaware of it? Get real. I'll have a look at them, but considering they can't be bothered to even mention them on their own website, I'm not holding out much hope that they'll be anything worthwhile.

Edit: ROFL. Even Steam doesn't bother mentioning it exists in any of it's news posts for Black Ops. It just showed up one day on the tools section.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2011, 20:09.

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 18:32 venomhed

Tribes 2 already had this many years ago.  

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 17:21 OldScho0l

Morgan19 wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 12:19:
Great, if it works. But if the stats site is anything like the BFBC2 stats page that perpetually shows a queue of 5000 and never updates properly... Meh.

The BFBC2 stats are terrible. If I try to see when I got a certain achievement, it shows that I unlocked them all in 2007. Was that game even out in 2007? Needless to say, their stats are junk, especially since there are tons of cheaters.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 16:58 Krovven

Teddy wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 16:13:
Any goodwill they earned from me for all that was destroyed when they lied about the map and mod tools they told us they were going to release.

https://twitter.com/#!/pcdev/status/83685461264039936

http://codbomp.blogspot.com/2011/07/black-ops-mod-tools-download-beta.html

Just because you missed it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What do you have to say now?

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 16:13 Teddy

Krovven wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 14:02:
Bhruic wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 13:34:
You think Activision even remembers they are making a PC version? You're quite the optimist.

If Black Ops is anything to go by, MW3 should have full Steam integration, Steam's server browser, achieves, etc. This was one of a few things that sold me on Black ops when they had the free weekend a couple months back.

So it's more about if those left at Infinity Ward learned anything from Treyarch.

I still won't get MW3 until it's hugely discounted (if at all). BF3 is still top priority for me.

Any goodwill they earned from me for all that was destroyed when they lied about the map and mod tools they told us they were going to release. That's why -I- bought the game, because of that promise now broken. As far as I'm concerned, Treyarch has very little they could teach anyone in terms of respect for their customers.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 14:49 Grendle

Finally, it's not called war anymore...it's the battlefight!

I like it!

Modern Battlefightfare 3!

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 14:24 Evil Timmy

Heh, the title of this post is starting to remind me of all the Bat-accessories and their ridiculousness, especially the Adam-West-starring 60's tv show. Let's see how far EA might take it...

Guns? Nope, it's a Battleshooter.
Servers? Battlehost.
Players? Try Battlefriends.
Tank? Cruise around in your Battlehopper.
Money? Browse the EA Store and spend Battlecash.
Girlfriend? Battlestopper.
Chat? It's now Battletalk.
Monitor? Battlescreen.
Internet? Battletubes.
Finally, it's not called war anymore...it's the battlefight!

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 14:05 Verno

I hope it doesn't end in another IWNet debacle. MW2 PC had awful MP, pretty much every single one of my friends who bought that game regretted it.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 14:02 Krovven

You think Activision even remembers they are making a PC version? You're quite the optimist.

If Black Ops is anything to go by, MW3 should have full Steam integration, Steam's server browser, achieves, etc. This was one of a few things that sold me on Black ops when they had the free weekend a couple months back.

So it's more about if those left at Infinity Ward learned anything from Treyarch.

I still won't get MW3 until it's hugely discounted (if at all). BF3 is still top priority for me.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 14:02 Creston

Activision's just going to turn around and say "MW3 is on Steam!"

Touche!

Creston

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 13:34 Bhruic

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 12:40 MajorD

Creston wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 11:52:
MajorD wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 11:38:
Whatís the cost for Battlelog? Nothing. Itís absolutely free.

They are really driving that point home and to Activision. Grin....

LOL! So true.....

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 12:19 Morgan19

Great, if it works. But if the stats site is anything like the BFBC2 stats page that perpetually shows a queue of 5000 and never updates properly... Meh.  

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 11:52 Creston

MajorD wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 11:38:

I think that that by itself will negate any goodwill EA is generating with their free Battlefieldbloglog

Creston

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 11:38 MajorD

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo