Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Castle Empire Beta Signups

Ubisoft announces they are accepting applications for the closed beta test of Castle Empire, their free-to-play browser-based strategy game from Blue Byte, creators of The Settlers, saying those who sign up will be rewarded with an exclusive in-game item. "The game has had an excellent initial Beta phase in Europe, adding to Ubisoft’s growing list of top-notch free-to-play, browser-based games, and we’re excited to begin rolling it out to new territories," said Chris Early, Vice President of Digital Publishing at Ubisoft North America. "Castle Empire is a highly entertaining game that highlights Ubisoft's strategy to bring enjoyable experiences to their players while expanding its gaming expertise."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 21, 2011, 11:02 Kamakazie

Well, I'd like that key if you can't use it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 21, 2011, 09:42 Quboid

I applied about a week ago when this game came up here before. I got a key and I'm told to create my account, but there's no indication of how to create an account. Possibly it's only available in North America.  

- Quboid

8. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 21, 2011, 09:13 Kamakazie

It actually appears largely single player-oriented.  

7. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 21, 2011, 08:54 gilly775

I'm sure this is going to be a stupid question, but does it have SP or is it just a MMO?  

6. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 20, 2011, 23:52 Bhruic

Say what you will about Ubisoft (and they merit the complaints), Blue Byte has made some damn fine games over the years. Battle Isle II is still probably my favourite all-time TBS. They had deep tactical and strategic elements that few, if any, games since have brought forth.  

5. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 20, 2011, 23:05 Acleacius

Guessing you need to wait for the email with a link and password to download.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 20, 2011, 22:42 Kamakazie

Damn, you got accepted already?  

3. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 20, 2011, 21:22 Quboid

I signed up, got accepted and ... now what? If I go to the site, I just get the box inviting me to register my interest. Again.  

- Quboid

2. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 20, 2011, 21:21 timesten

Acleacius wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 20:55:
Oh hell yeah, sign me up for some of that sweet sweet, drm!

Whats funny about that is that I have generally low interest in ubi games so I don't buy them at full price ever, but when a steam sale has them for 10 or less, I still don't buy them because of the drm. I buy a bunch of games that I never play but when it come to ubi games i think "ya its only 7 dollars, but maybe i never play it, and that stupid rootkit is on my machhine forever.."

1. Re: Castle Empire Beta Signups Jul 20, 2011, 20:55 Acleacius

Oh hell yeah, sign me up for some of that sweet sweet, drm!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo