Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Financials

Ubisoft's latest financial report is posted on Gamasutra, showing sales of $146.3 million for the first fiscal quarter, slightly beating company expectations, though down 36.3% from the same period a year ago. Word is: "Ubisoft said it expects titles like Driver: San Francisco, Ghost Recon Online and Trackmania 2 to drive sales of around 99 million ($140.6 million) in the coming quarter, on par with the previous year. The company did not change sales expectations for the full fiscal year, which are expected to just top 1 billion ($1.42 billion)."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 21, 2011, 12:27 Jerykk

EA has said they are working on a Mirror's Edge sequel.

I thought they said they didn't greenlight the prototype? From what I've read, the ME sequel is pure speculation at this point.

Also, the new Prince of Persia sold over a million copies if I recall. I don't know how many of them were after drastic price cuts so maybe they didn't make any money on it though.

Source? I can't find any official announcements of sales figures for the game, which is usually a bad sign. All I found was this: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/861108132/m/4211031278

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 21, 2011, 10:01 Parallax Abstraction

Jerykk wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 00:51:
Their sales are down because they didn't have any major releases in this last quarter. Last year it was Splinter Cell which sold extremely well and the new Price of Persia.

I'm pretty sure the last PoP totally bombed. Its price dropped drastically within a month. I don't think Conviction sold all that well either. Less than 2 million units, which major publishers typically consider a disappointment. Mirror's Edge sold over 2 million units and we have yet to hear of any sequel.

EA has said they are working on a Mirror's Edge sequel.

Also, the new Prince of Persia sold over a million copies if I recall. I don't know how many of them were after drastic price cuts so maybe they didn't make any money on it though.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

7. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 21, 2011, 01:01 Dev

I picked up settlers 7 finally in a sale a couple months ago on steam, and the crazy DRM protection annoyed me when I had a momentary internet disconnection.

Ubi, aint it about time you remove that crap from games that are a year or more old and let steam handle it?

6. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 21, 2011, 00:51 Jerykk

Their sales are down because they didn't have any major releases in this last quarter. Last year it was Splinter Cell which sold extremely well and the new Price of Persia.

I'm pretty sure the last PoP totally bombed. Its price dropped drastically within a month. I don't think Conviction sold all that well either. Less than 2 million units, which major publishers typically consider a disappointment. Mirror's Edge sold over 2 million units and we have yet to hear of any sequel.

5. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 20, 2011, 23:28 Akuinnen

It's a shame that they are the publisher for Trackmania 2. I really love Trackmania and I'm looking forward to Trackmania 2, but I don't like supporting Ubisoft.  

4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 20, 2011, 22:08 spindoctor

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 21:03:
They're banking on that Assassin's Creed release in November, and probably rightly so. I would love to see sales for that franchise plummet now that they are milking it so badly though. I know I won't be buying the next one until it's expansion pack priced.

Also if they really expect Driver to sell well they're idiots.

Yea I don't know why the expect Driver to sell well. And Call of Juarez is about to get murdered in reviews as well, so sales there will dip.

However, Assassins Creed will sell like crazy. i just checked and they've managed to sell 8 million copies of Brotherhood in the 8 month it's been out. With that kind of momentum, there's no way the next one will crash.

nin wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 21:09:
Awwwwwwwww!

Fuck UBI!

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

3. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 20, 2011, 22:07 Wolfen

Yup. Must be idiots. That's the only way you can make millions of dollars. From being an idiot.  

2. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 20, 2011, 21:09 nin

though down 36.3% from the same period a year ago.

Awwwwwwwww!

Fuck UBI!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Ubisoft Financials Jul 20, 2011, 21:03 StingingVelvet

They're banking on that Assassin's Creed release in November, and probably rightly so. I would love to see sales for that franchise plummet now that they are milking it so badly though. I know I won't be buying the next one until it's expansion pack priced.

Also if they really expect Driver to sell well they're idiots.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo