Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC

The promised new patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is now available, updating CD Projekt RED's action/RPG sequel to version 1.3. The new version addresses some bugs and other issues and adds the new free A Sackful of Fluff DLC. The automatic patch for the Steam edition will follow, and it is warned that all fan-made modifications are incompatible with the new version. The download is mirrored on AtomicGamer, The Patches Scrolls, and WorthPlaying. Here's word:

The update includes a plethora of fan-requested improvements, including difficulty adjustments for the game’s Prologue, support for a variety of aspect ratios and a host of other gameplay tweaks and fixes. Next to the long list of changes, this update also brings along free DLC - a quest called “A Sackful of Fluff”.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 22, 2011, 09:45 Verno

AdamK47 wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 07:58:
Was the prologue really that tough for some people? I got through it pretty easy.

Gamers these days are very conditioned to have intro sequences with the protagonist treated like an audience surrogate, getting everything explained to him in ridiculous detail - PRESS Y TO DO AN ATTACK, TRY IT NOW GERALT! type crap. Witcher 2 doesn't exactly do itself any favors by dropping you in with NO explanations at all but I figured things out myself intuitively by just spending 5 minutes playing around with the controls. Many other gamers will literally give up 5 minutes into a game if it doesn't coddle them along.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 21, 2011, 11:04 avianflu

love this game's sometimes dark and sometimes dryly humorous story-line. It really only that that keeps me playing. The action is fine but not the real draw of the game.

21. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 21, 2011, 07:58 AdamK47

Was the prologue really that tough for some people? I got through it pretty easy.  

20. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 21, 2011, 01:08 Jerykk

After a little investigation, it looks like the patch doesn't break mods. Mods break the patch, meaning you have to temporarily remove them before patching. However, once patched, you can just reinstall them and they should work fine.  

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 21:05 StingingVelvet

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 16:42:
Not all mods are broke. Those that add textures (like the compass one) or change appearance of the game may not. I did a fresh install (no mods) are just put back th zero weight mod- http://modsreloaded.com/witcher-2 and it works.

Cool, thanks for the news.

18. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 16:42 Marvin T. Martian

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 12:50:
I used the "everything is weightless" mod. Would be a shame if that didn't work anymore. I don't usually mod out difficulty and in Fallout: New Vegas I actually play on hardcore where inventory management is much harder, but for TW2 I just hated the inventory system. The game really encourages you to grab everything you find but then has a very low weight count and no storage.

Not all mods are broke. Those that add textures (like the compass one) or change appearance of the game may not. I did a fresh install (no mods) are just put back th zero weight mod- http://modsreloaded.com/witcher-2 and it works.

17. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 16:05 Verno

I'm not 100% sure which patch it was in but I remember seeing it in the notes. It only affected 2 quests but it broke progression in them.  

16. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 15:30 Overon

Verno wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 15:13:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 15:10:
I was annoyed by that too at first but eventually you realize that there are wwaaayy more ingredients in the world than you'll ever need. I just stopped collecting them at a certain point.

For sure, although it helps to make sure you have some on hand in case the game decides to use your irreplaceable quest item as an ingredient

I think they fixed that but boy it pissed me off.
You think they fixed that? Do you know for sure? I really want to know.

15. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 15:13 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 15:10:
I was annoyed by that too at first but eventually you realize that there are wwaaayy more ingredients in the world than you'll ever need. I just stopped collecting them at a certain point.

For sure, although it helps to make sure you have some on hand in case the game decides to use your irreplaceable quest item as an ingredient

I think they fixed that but boy it pissed me off.

14. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 15:10 Jerykk

I used the "everything is weightless" mod. Would be a shame if that didn't work anymore. I don't usually mod out difficulty and in Fallout: New Vegas I actually play on hardcore where inventory management is much harder, but for TW2 I just hated the inventory system. The game really encourages you to grab everything you find but then has a very low weight count and no storage.

13. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 15:05 Verno

Whoops, I forgot I can get Katy Perry on Goosecs for a penny, nevermind.  

12. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 15:00 Slashman

Verno wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 14:42:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 14:37:
Verno wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 13:57:
and it should be packaged with Katy Perry.

I'd buy that for a $1

Tell me about it, sigh.

I might pay $2 or $3

11. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 14:42 Verno

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 14:37:

I'd buy that for a $1

Tell me about it, sigh.

10. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 14:37 Krovven

I'd buy that for a $1

9. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 14:32 Slashman

It was already on sale for $30 in the Summer Steam Sale.

And if by now you aren't convinced it's a worthwhile game after all the reviews plus additional info given here on Blues, then maybe it just isn't your type of game.

CD Projekt are also the type of developer I can whole-heartedly support due to the way they treat their customers and the value they add to their games.

Perhaps it's just a matter of you being cheap?

It's his type of game, for $2 and he needs to be able to resell it. Also it needs a demo, it should have oodles of free DLC, come with a strategy guide, a partridge in a pear tree and it should be packaged with Katy Perry.

In that case I hope it hits $20 soon...like sometime after a period of 4 years.

8. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 13:57 Verno

And if by now you aren't convinced it's a worthwhile game after all the reviews plus additional info given here on Blues, then maybe it just isn't your type of game.

CD Projekt are also the type of developer I can whole-heartedly support due to the way they treat their customers and the value they add to their games.

It's his type of game, for $2 and he needs to be able to resell it. Also it needs a demo, it should have oodles of free DLC, come with a strategy guide, a partridge in a pear tree and it should be packaged with Katy Perry.

7. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 13:53 Tumbler

It's my type of game, for $20.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 13:51 Slashman

Tumbler wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 12:41:
Will be nice when this is on sale for $20 or so. I look forward to trying it. Demo?

5. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 13:13 Bumpy

<taps foot> Still waiting for demo.  

4. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Adds Free DLC Jul 20, 2011, 12:50 StingingVelvet

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo