Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans

The Homefront Website has details on The Rock, upcoming DLC for Homefront, Kaos Studios' first-person shooter. They say this will come "first" to Xbox 360, but presumably to other platforms at sometime after that. When reading the following feature list, remember, losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f the prom queen:

Fall in soldier! Command has issued orders to capture two all new Homefront® Multiplayer maps - Alcatraz and Bridge, as well as new areas to dominate the enemy in Team Deathmatch. We’re going to take back San Francisco, one piece at a time:

• Alcatraz - America’s most infamous prison becomes the site of fierce close-quarters fighting.
    • Bridge – A combined arms effort to secure the North Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge and surrounding area, large-scale warfare at its best!
    • Waterway – Wage war atop storefronts and in the streets of the Spillway, where every inch feels like a mile.
    • Overpass – Battle in a fan-favorite Ground Control space for the first time in Team Deathmatch!

View
7. Re: Homefront Jul 20, 2011, 11:55 MajorD

Single player campaign had a lot of weaknesses, and on top of that, it was cut short and left you hanging. The multiplayer is great and I 'had' a lot of fun playing it; however, you can no longer play the vanilla (original) maps on servers running the new DLC (DLC1). If a server has installed the DLC1 and is running one of the original maps, and a client 'without' the DLC1 tries to connect to the server to play one of those vanilla/original maps, they are restricted from doing so unless they purchase/download/install the DLC1. I thought Activision was bad, but at least you can still connect to a server running a vanilla map........

I sent Kaos Studios and THQ support an email, giving them the benefit of that doubt that it was a coding error (yeah right) and have yet to receive a response.

These guys just moved to my 'S#@T list'!!!

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 19, 21:39 Re: Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans Tumbler
  2. Jul 19, 22:20  Re: Homefront The Half Elf
  3. Jul 19, 22:58  Re: Homefront entr0py
  4. Jul 19, 23:41 Re: Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans StingingVelvet
  5. Jul 20, 01:51 Re: Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans jacobvandy
  6. Jul 20, 02:42  Re: Homefront StingingVelvet
>> 7. Jul 20, 11:55 Re: Homefront MajorD
  8. Jul 20, 15:11  Re: Homefront Rigs

footer

.. .. ..