Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Darkness II Delayed

2K Games announces a new release date for The Darkness II, saying Digital Extremes' comic-based shooter sequel is now expected on February 7, 2012 in North America, and February 10, 2012 elsewhere. The supernatural game was previously expected this October, but no reason is provided for the setback. They also announce plans to show off The Darkness II at the San Diego Comic-Con.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: The Darkness II Delayed Jul 19, 2011, 20:26 Tanto Edge

Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2011, 17:11:
Ooh bad move. This type of game is natch for October.

Meh, February, Jackie and his lost love... it could work. The marketing boys will have to work it hard tho.

Here's hoping the 'reason' it's delayed is anal artistic perfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: The Darkness II Delayed Jul 19, 2011, 19:08 Parallax Abstraction

It's also Digital Extremes who if I recall, have had most of their AAA projects (i.e. the stuff that wasn't make work like the BioShock 2 multiplayer or PC version of Homefront) hit with significant delays, only to come out in a kind of mediocre state (i.e. Pariah and Dark Sector). I really liked the first Darkness, I really hope they don't screw this up.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

2. Re: The Darkness II Delayed Jul 19, 2011, 17:40 spindoctor

It was releasing on the same date as Forza 4, Dark Souls, Rage and the new Twisted Metal. They would have gotten slaughtered in sales.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

1. Re: The Darkness II Delayed Jul 19, 2011, 17:11 Cutter

Ooh bad move. This type of game is natch for October.  

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo