Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Swindle Announced

Size Five Games (Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please!) announce, The Swindle, a steampunk-themed physics-based platformer coming to Windows and Xbox 360 at some undetermined future date. The announcement is short, so here's the whole thing, v-word and all:

Award-winning indie studio Size Five Games, the minds behind controversial Sex Ed Shoot-‘em-Up “Privates” and hit point-and-click adventures “Ben There, Dan That!” and “Time Gentlemen, Please!” have announced their next project: The Swindle.

“The Swindle is a Steampunk physics-based platformer that plays a little bit like Deus Ex mixed with Sonic the Hedgehog” said Dan Marshall, head of Size Five Games. “I wanted to make something no one’s done before, and I’m pretty sure this fits the bill...”

Players will be charged with infiltrating various facilities and hacking computers to steal money, before making their escape. All that glorious cash can then be spent on upgrading equipment, giving you access to new areas where you can nick even more goodies.

“It’s up to you how you want to upgrade your kit and play – you can stealth your way in, or go all guns blazing. There’ll be various routes, weapons, tactics and special abilities, all realised in a uniquely stylised 2D cartoon setting.”

The Swindle is coming to Windows PC and, assuming they can resist putting vaginas in it this time, hopefully Xbox 360. Available when it’s done.

Keep up to date with all the latest info via Twitter (@danthat) or through sizefivegames.com, where you can find screenshots.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: The Swindle Announced Jul 19, 2011, 16:01 ldonyo

nin wrote on Jul 19, 2011, 14:41:
One would expect "The Swindle" to be published by Activision.

I was thinking EA, but Activision is a good choice, as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: The Swindle Announced Jul 19, 2011, 14:41 nin

One would expect "The Swindle" to be published by Activision.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: The Swindle Announced Jul 19, 2011, 12:51 Pankin

v-word? You mean 'various'?  

2. Re: The Swindle Announced Jul 19, 2011, 12:07 reisub

My initial feeling is disappointment that it's not an adventure game but I'll keep an open mind. Could be good.  

1. Re: The Swindle Announced Jul 19, 2011, 11:36 Cutter

Sounds shitty. Shoulda made it about the Sex Pistols Great Rock'n'Roll Swindle. "It's a swindle! It's a swindle!"

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo