Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September?

Amazon.de is now accepting preorders of an add-on for IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover which appears to carry the title Cliffs of Dover - Aces! Helmut Wick vs. J.C. Dundas - Deadly Duel in November 1940, or something to that effect. Translating the page offers extensive details on new campaigns and features in this expansion for the World War II combat flight simulator, which appears to carry a September 1, 2011 release date. Thanks Olaf via Disaster Soft.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 18, 2011, 09:21 Bard

hmm.. Cliffs of Dover doesn't even WORK PROPERLY yet.

It's a bit.. risky.. to release an add-on for a broken product. By the time the product works and those informed consumers purchase it the add-on will most likely have lost the sales impact it would have had.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 17, 2011, 19:22 zirik

Shadowcat wrote on Jul 17, 2011, 09:44:
theres not a lot of modern helicopter to turn into a sim.
Even assuming we're only talking combat roles, there are plenty of helicopters which would make for great simulations (also, "modern" might refer more to the simulation than the helicopter being simulated).

yes i was talking about combat helicopters since the cliffs of dover is a combat flight sim. you say plenty of helicopters to choose from? we only have the hokum, tiger, and cobra left after the apache and kamov. the last two have and will be done on the DCS series. scouts are not gonna be popular. neither will be the troop carrying hinds. otherwise we would have seen those a long time ago. so besides a handful of combat helicopters what else do you suggest?

18. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 17, 2011, 13:17 Wildone

I think this is it?

http://takeonthegame.com/

17. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 17, 2011, 09:44 Shadowcat

theres not a lot of modern helicopter to turn into a sim.
Even assuming we're only talking combat roles, there are plenty of helicopters which would make for great simulations (also, "modern" might refer more to the simulation than the helicopter being simulated).

16. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 17, 2011, 02:38 ELITE

This isn't made by 1C

This is just some 3rd party trying to make a buck on a mission pack.

Nothing to see here move along...

15. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 19:05 Wildone

there's a trailer out for it I think its made by the Arma2 guys  

14. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 18:45 Aero

Kind of a lot of money for a campaign add on. It would have to be pretty damn good to be worth 40 dollars.

edit: euros -> dollars

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2011, 20:13.

13. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 18:04 zirik

DangerDog wrote on Jul 16, 2011, 16:15:
I read on the official 1C forums that he hadn't been involved with IL2 for quite some time, he was debugging firmware on Cannon digital cameras or some such. He's working with another developer making a modern helicopter sim now, I think.

theres not a lot of modern helicopter to turn into a sim. whats he gonna do? work on an apache add on for DCS? might as well go the tom clancy way. slap his name on anything to sell it.

12. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 16:36 DedEye

Just like the last couple of Silent Hunter games; shove em out the door half-baked. I'll wager it only gets a couple of patches and they drop support.  

11. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 16:15 DangerDog

I read on the official 1C forums that he hadn't been involved with IL2 for quite some time, he was debugging firmware on Cannon digital cameras or some such. He's working with another developer making a modern helicopter sim now, I think.

10. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 15:44 Wildone

And Oleg ran away to join another company lol thats speaks VOLUMES..either he was the problem or he didn't want any more to do with it.  

9. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 15:43 Wildone

the crap is gonna hit the fan...  

8. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 13:54 Jedi Master

It's due out Tuesday in the US "officially."  

7. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 13:52 Wildone

What they STILL didn't U.S. release yet?!?! I early adopted and wasn't payin attention to the NA release but its still not out eh LMAO doesn't surprise me, it can't even compete with 1946 in terms of looks. Crank it all the way up to max settings (IF your rig can handle it) and you get an awesome looking cockpit, fugly ass terrain & external world. Lighting IS nice and so is the water. There's very little to do though and what can we expect from the BOB its just a battle with a few parameters right? They coulda just copied the quick mission builder from Il2 but no, there's nothing like that. Short of going into the mission builder which I don't have time for who does except game designers. This would be PANNED in NA..I don't see how they can ever release it here for a few years..  

6. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 13:35 DangerDog

I was going to say, isn't this a little premature? They haven't even "officially" released in the US and the forums are full of complaints from those who early adopted.  

5. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 13:31 Creston

JaguarUSF wrote on Jul 16, 2011, 12:45:
Nothing beats The History Channel: Civil War: The Battle of Bull Run: Take Command: 1861

That's an actual title??

Creston

4. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 12:45 Wildone

Wow really? They should work on fixing COD first its still a mess, alot has been done since release but it looks like shit, apart from the pits and in order to have any sort of fun you gotta learn how to use mission builder which is no fun..because you already know whats gonna happen.
I could go on but its all on the forums..

3. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 12:45 JaguarUSF

Nothing beats The History Channel: Civil War: The Battle of Bull Run: Take Command: 1861  

2. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 12:05 Creston

Any game with TWO emdashes in the title HAS to be good.

Creston

1. Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Add-on in September? Jul 16, 2011, 11:44 Prez

IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover - Aces! Helmut Wick vs. J.C. Dundas - Deadly Duel in November 1940

Epic title - Hope they make it longer!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo