Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch

Capcom Unity announces the promised patch for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is now available for all owners of the Windows edition of the fighting game sequel. Here's word:

We just received word from Steam and Microsoft that the Title Update for Arcade Edition PC is now live for all users, both Steam and non-Steam. All you need to do is load up your game and the update should start downloading. As a recap, this title update fixes the following issues:

- Support for keyboards and gaming devices that were not being recognized by the game
- Patch allowing re-mapped keys
- Changes Fixed Mode as the default graphic setting
- DRM removed for non-Steam versions of the game
- NVIDIA 3D Vision enhancements

Again, we apologize for the wait, and thank you for bearing with us while we got the title updates pushed through. Lastly, please visit the issues thread on the forums if you have run into any other problems, and we will do our best to help you out.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 18, 2011, 09:11 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 01:47:
I play all my fighting games with the keyboard, thank you very much.
Controllers are just a silly gimmick. (:

That's a bit silly. Different control schemes are optimal for different games. A racing wheel is ideal for racing games. A flight stick is ideal for flight sims. An arcade/fighting stick is ideal for fighting games. Mouse and keyboard are ideal for shooters, strategy games, hack 'n slash and any game that requires micromanagement or quick and precise aim.

With racing games and flight simulators you have a point. A racing wheel or a joystick is definitely the better solution for these kind of games but I still don't agree when it comes to arcade or fighting games. I never had a console and always used keyboard and mouse, for everything. It would be too much of a nuisance to learn the finer nuances of playing with a gamepad and I don't see why I should bother if using keyboard and mouse works perfectly (if it's implemented properly - at the moment I am playing Assassin's Creed 2 and the fixed camera angles that you have with some climbing sequences is a REAL pain).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 18, 2011, 01:47 Jerykk

That's a bit silly. Different control schemes are optimal for different games. A racing wheel is ideal for racing games. A flight stick is ideal for flight sims. An arcade/fighting stick is ideal for fighting games. Mouse and keyboard are ideal for shooters, strategy games, hack 'n slash and any game that requires micromanagement or quick and precise aim.

15. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 19:50 Ant

yuastnav wrote on Jul 17, 2011, 18:29:
Go PCs!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

14. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 18:29 yuastnav

13. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 15:04 raVen

Hitbox looks interesting. I've always hated fighting games because the joysticks / input sucks. I wonder what it would take if I built my own to get it to work on ps3 / 360. Don't they require 3rd party certification for peripherals? I guess I could get it to work on PC without that complication. but then I'd still have to deal with Games for Windows Live -SHIT-

Interesting hardware project though, once I get some time, i'll probably build one.
Edit: Looks like I could rip apart a 360 controller and build one onto that, but that's retarded; i'll probably just stick with PC, and looks like I could use an atmel for the PS3, maybe with a PC / PS3 switch on USB. http://code.google.com/p/diyps3controller/

12. once again... Jul 17, 2011, 12:27 space captain

HADOUKEN!  
Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 11:57 born2expire

Once again the ignorance in this thread is appalling.

Fighting games actually play BETTER on a keyboard then a gamepad, as the movements are a keypress instead of a motion, its actually a lot more efficient as there is no unneeded inputs in the motion.

Here is a prefect example, they call it a "hotbox" which is essentially a joystick but with buttons for directions instead of a joystick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4g3-s3qEg&feature=player_embedded#at=111

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2011, 12:20.

10. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 11:14 LurkerLito

This game is the worst port ive seen in years. How bad it is? Leys say after the patch it still doesnt recognize keyboards. Thats right, a pc game that is unable to recognze keyboards, and thats only the tip of the iceberg.
I can only speak about my personal experience, but for me the game is quite well done, 1920x1200 w/16xQS AA 89FPS in the benchmark. It recognized my Joystick from my PS2/PS3 using an PS2 to USB adapter from even before the patch all I needed to do was remap the buttons. Same with the keyboard and my XBox360 controller. But then again I am not using a USB keyboard, so that might explain why I have no keyboard issues.

Does it still require the internet to install is the question.
If you mean to activate the game, I would assume so. Not sure if you could even play it if it didn't get activated or tied to a GFWL online type account.

how incredibly stupid do you have to be to actually want something like street fighter on a pc?
I think it's the best platform to have it on and I wish Warner Bros. would port the new Mortal Kombat game for PC also. I'd rather have the PC version than either the PS3 or XB360 (I own them all). PC version is always better graphically. Though occasionally the console version might have better controls when using non standard controllers like Move/Kinect or accessories like gun peripherals (which usually never get ported to PCs since I don't think I have ever seen a gun like accessory for a PC), but for the most part a PC version is always better IMHO.

9. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 10:59 ASeven

space captain wrote on Jul 17, 2011, 09:57:
how incredibly stupid do you have to be to actually want something like street fighter on a pc?

at least stupid enough to misspell "appalling" i suppose

lets just say you are better off not getting what you want on that one, keyboard fighter

How incredible stupid do you have to be to think any genre of game is to be locked to certains platforms?

Quite stupid, but im used to that coming from you.

8. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 09:57 space captain

at least stupid enough to misspell "appalling" i suppose

lets just say you are better off not getting what you want on that one, keyboard fighter

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 17, 2011, 06:34 ASeven

Ive always loved fighting games and was happy when ssfivae was announced for pc. However when this game came out it was in such an appaling state that its pretty obvious it didnt went through qa.

This game is the worst port ive seen in years. How bad it is? Leys say after the patch it still doesnt recognize keyboards. Thats right, a pc game that is unable to recognze keyboards, and thats only the tip of the iceberg.

6. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 20:17 space captain

let me know when the Titty Grope Edition comes out  
Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 19:13 Sacrifex

I'm glad to hear the crippleware function is being removed, but let's not confuse damage control with good will.

Removing crippling DRM is great and all, but I can't help but feel like someone being told that even though the chef farted in my dinner, it's ok because they fanned off the stink before bringing it out for me to eat. That's great, but, I'd prefer if nobody farted in my dinner in the first place.

Bon appetit?

(Edit - Autocorrect is fun!)

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2011, 19:29.

4. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 19:04 StingingVelvet

Does it still require the internet to install is the question.  

3. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 18:24 reisub

Hmm, that's a bit misleading. Thanks.  

2. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 16:34 LurkerLito

It's not really DRM Free. They probably just removed the constant online check that it does for single player that would put you in a crippled mode if no online connection could be established. It still uses a GFWL SSA key, that is registered to your Live account permanently. But now if you can't connect to live, you can still play all the characters in single player or local multiplayer mode.  

1. Re: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Patch Jul 16, 2011, 12:59 reisub

So it's DRM free now? Might have to pick it up.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo