Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month

Activision Publishing announces the Annihilation DLC will be released in 13 days for the Windows and PlayStation 3 editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops (our remedial math puts this at July 28, give or take two weeks). Here's word:

Call of Duty: Black Ops has shattered sales records and drawn millions of gamers online since its November 2010 launch, with Black Ops fans logging billions of gameplay hours to date. Annihilation features four new multiplayer maps comprised of a Cuban cliff-side golf course, a 1960s American Drive-In theater and much more. Additionally, the fan-favorite Zombies are back in the mythical paradise of Shangri-La, overrun with a new species of zombie and innovative gameplay surprises around every corner.

"With Annihilation, the team at Treyarch and Activision has shown its continued commitment to bringing new and unique content to our fans," said Treyarch Studio Head, Mark Lamia. "Players are getting four of the best multiplayer maps to date with Hangar 18, Drive-In, Silo and Hazard. They also get a brand new dose of thrills in Shangri-La, our latest Zombies offering, packed with deadly traps and dark secrets buried within the shifting walls of an ancient and mysterious temple."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 16, 2011, 01:52 xXBatmanXx

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 19:26:
That's pretty funny...wait no it's not. Also, once upon a time games didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars to produce. A business has a right to compensation for their work. I hate CoD and Activision as much as the next person but complaining about it is just as annoying.

If you don't like the game or map packs, don't buy them. Bitching about it makes you look like...a bitch.

I didn't complain. I stated facts.
Buying them makes you look like a complete moron.
I am voicing my opinion about getting ripped off and choose not to do so. I speak with my wallet.

It isn't "compensation for work". It is taking advantage of the consumer. The game even with all of the DLC is smaller than most games of the same type at half the price.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 16, 2011, 01:51 Jerykk

Nope. I am well aware of whom publishes CoD.

If that's the case, why bring up EA in a CoD-related thread?

That's pretty funny...wait no it's not. Also, once upon a time games didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars to produce. A business has a right to compensation for their work. I hate CoD and Activision as much as the next person but complaining about it is just as annoying.

Yes, a business has a right to earn money. It's unfortunate that they aren't obligated to treat their customers well. Valve has released tons of free content for TF2, more than all the CoD map packs combined. Since CoD sells 10+ million units a year, Activison can certainly afford to show a little charity and reward their dedicated fanbase. Or they can just continue milking them for every penny.

20. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 22:07 Burrito of Peace

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 14:30:
You're aware COD is an Activision title right?

Yes.

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 16:10:
1. I don't think you get the reference at all.
2. EA has nothing to do with CoD

You should probably edit your post.

Nope. I am well aware of whom publishes CoD.

19. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 20:11 Dades

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 20:08:
It's called capitalism, get used to it sucka!!!!

It's called being a shill, you're already used to it sucka!!!!

Any other inspired spots of wisdom you want to drop on us? I really loved the part where you told people if they didn't like it that they shouldn't buy it. You're like, a prophet dude.

18. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 20:08 Rattlehead

It's called capitalism, get used to it sucka!!!!  

17. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 20:04 Dades

A business has a right to compensation for their work. I hate CoD and Activision as much as the next person but complaining about it is just as annoying.

Yeah, maybe if they were starving artists like you're trying to pretend instead of posting fat profit margins. Sure they have a right to over saturate the market and focus on quarterly earnings calls instead of long term longevity and stability. It is absolutely their right to invade a market, bankrupt it and move onto the next Big Thing.

You're the one complaining anyway, we're just calling it like it is. Activision has their own well paid PR department, they don't need you to do a poor job of it for them.

16. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 19:27 [VG]Reagle

translation: GRAB YOUR ANKLES BOYS ACTIVISION IS ABOUT TO GET BUSY  
As of 06/12/2014 I will ONLY post positive messages. I am done trying to tell the truth about sucky games.

15. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 19:26 Rattlehead

If you don't like the game or map packs, don't buy them. Bitching about it makes you look like...a bitch.

14. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 18:46 Tanto Edge

I had a discussion with a fellow about DLC, Activision and Call of Duty.
The discussion went like this:

Him: new call of duty maps are coming!
Me: yeah, new recycled shit priced at a premium.
Him: $15?
Me: as opposed to free?
Him: why would it be free?
Me: once upon a time, maps weren't something you'd pay for. people would make their own maps.
Him: oh yeah?
Me: yeah.
Him: well, I like new maps. and guns, they'll have new guns.
Me: yeah, you're paying about twenty percent the cost of the full game for a handful of multiplayer only maps? rockstar put out their expansion for reddead redemption at thirty bucks, but that was hours of gameplay, plus multiplayer.
Him: CALL OF DUTY IS THE BESTEST ONLINE EVARRR YOURE JEALOUS THAT I KILL MOAR PEEPZ THAN JOO!
Me: how did you spell those wrong in speech?
Him: get out of my house, non believer.

He then produced a dark cloak with what looked like an Activision logo wrought by snakes and donned it. As a left, the lights started to dim, and the earth quaked. As I closed the door to his home, I could hear the whispers of the evil that has soiled his home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

13. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 17:33 Dades

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 17:16:
heheheheh I will applaud their demise

If by applaud you mean be jealous of and demise you mean rake in the tens of billions of dollars the franchise brings in each year.

I'm sure there was someone saying the same thing about Guitar Hero three years ago, maybe even you.

12. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 17:16 Rattlehead

heheheheh I will applaud their demise

If by applaud you mean be jealous of and demise you mean rake in the tens of billions of dollars the franchise brings in each year.

11. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 16:23 xXBatmanXx

Well, they didn't learn with Guitar Hero - why should they learn with this? heheheheh I will applaud their demise.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 16:10 Rattlehead

EA: "You like that? Take it for Daddy! Take it!"
Customer: "BaGAWK!"

1. I don't think you get the reference at all.
2. EA has nothing to do with CoD

You should probably edit your post.

9. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 15:41 Dades

Doesn't matter, these things tend to have a bubble and after it bursts then there is no going back. Activision doesn't have a lot of other franchises to rely on when they over saturate the market, it's going to be a short fall to the bottom.  

8. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 15:00 Rhett

The worst part is that I know at least a few other CoD players, and they keep buying the map packs... and never play it again afterwards. Every time.  

7. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 14:30 RollinThundr

The Advocate wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 13:15:
Esoteric wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 13:10:
Keep ******* that chicken.

You're aware COD is an Activision title right?

6. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 13:43 MajorD

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 12:58:
Note:
This is the DLC that makes the game $105.00

LOL! Yes, and as long as suckers keep buying the DLC, Activision will continue with this business model, and continue to laugh all the way to the bank. And unfortunately, it has all started a trend with the other developers/publishers.

This has caused, at least for me, the multiplayer portion of games to become short lived now, as I am an old schooler and out of principal I refuse to purchase ‘ANY’ DLC whatsoever. Unless you can find servers that are running ‘only’ vanilla maps, then you’ll get dropped from the server when it changes to a DLC map.

I’m afraid that id Software may follow the trend now that they are owned and under the umbrella of ZeniMax Media, Inc. And that will leave only Valve (I think), who seems to be holding true to their roots. Time will tell……

Yes, it is a business, but it has become WAY TOO corporate and it is tainting too many facets of what made the gaming industry so great in the first place. So, at what point does the greed stop and the roots and the art of gaming/gaming development preserved? Oh that’s right, it doesn’t F’ing matter as long as the greedy Publishers are making money and showing profits to Upper Management and shareholders…….

Valve, please hold true and don’t disappoint, we’re all counting on you!!!

5. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 13:20 baltar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 12:58:
Note:
This is the DLC that makes the game $105.00

Bobby Cocktick found out when you take a frog (customers) and drop it in boiling water (regular edition game selling for $105), that frog's gonna jump out (customers bitch), but if you take that frog and put it in lukewarm water ($60 priced reg edition), then slowly raise the temperature to boiling ($15 DLC every so often to 105), the frog won't jump (no customer bitching).

4. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 13:15 Burrito of Peace

Esoteric wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 13:10:

3. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 13:10 Esoteric

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo